The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why aren’t there brothels in ESO?

• StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    Considering there is no evidence that prostitution is the oldest profession known to "man," the argument falls pretty darned flat. Then again, pretty sure this is just a troll thread.

I read something which quite convincingly stated the oldest profession is being a mother.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering there is no evidence that prostitution is the oldest profession known to "man," the argument falls pretty darned flat. Then again, pretty sure this is just a troll thread.

I read something which quite convincingly stated the oldest profession is being a mother.

How much does being a mother pay?
  • Dracheimflug
    Dracheimflug
    ✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

How much does being a mother pay?

It isn't a conventional job so much as a sentence: 18 to life :wink:
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DBZVelena wrote: »
    Because Americans consider that obscene and thus such things don't get included. just like toilets.

just film it then its legal :trollface:
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    This is a mature audience game and what happens in brothels is the oldest profession known to man. So it makes no sense why brothels don’t exist in Tamriel. On top of that it would make for great role playing experience. Please limit your feedback to constructive criticism.

In Ebonheart there is a dark elf giving a lap dance in one of the inn rooms. I'm not sure if that qualifies as a brothel. But it might suffice for your role playing experience. ^^
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kind of telling that OP is most concerned about the lack of brothels. Most people in real life have never been in a brothel. But every single person, without exception has been in a BATHROOM.
    Lethal zergling
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But every single person, without exception has been in a BATHROOM.

You don't know me.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Orc Bath Houses are sort of that, if you use your imagination.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While some say the whole idea has been diluted down, I see it a different way. I don't need the sexuality of the situation shoved in my face. Just give me an Inn or Bar where the dialog and setting hints at this and I can RP the rest. We have at least 4 of those in the game.

Two good things come from that, my imagination is way more perverse and naughty than anything ZOS could put in the game; it stops the Nannies who know what is best for us rising up to save us from ourselves.

The problem with putting sex in a game is it always comes across as gratuitous and over done. And, it is more distracting than looking like something that belongs.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Oathunbound
    Oathunbound
    ✭✭✭
    The outlaw refuge in windhelm has Flicks-His-Tounge at the bottem of the refuge where he is dancing for some of the patrons (and Remains-Silent when you unlock her) and he alludes that there are other establishments where he has to pay his cut, as to where they are is a mystery, but they are out there
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brothels, dont only house prostitutes, though they are the most common and most popular form. Brothels provide "services" from females that maynot be normally obtained at that current location. Be it that specific "encounter," conversations, companionship, advice, what not. They are either an upfront and/or backdoor/backroom businesses depending on the laws of the land.

Tamriel, in most of the zones (not all, but most) have a building that has some form of a brothel style atmosphere, based on conversations/ dialog. The rest is upto the player to determine if it is what it is or isnt.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are Brothels, they are just more discreet
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Myself and a fair few people I know have created our own brothels, Mine is secretly disguised as a tavern in Marbruk, but if you dare venture upstairs, you soon discover that it is not all that it seems to be :lol:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is called Crown Store, pretty sure you've heard about it.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the same reason there aren't toilets, attorneys, property taxes and sundry other irrelevant things.
    forever stuck in combat
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ever play The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind? Suran had an actual strip club

no. this is my first elder scrolls

I did buy skyrim, but never got past the ugly looking characters in character creation.

• barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Amanuensis wrote: »
    Worship Sanguine or Dibella and never have to pay for it. :p

I am old-time paladin, I worship Azura and Meridia, where should I go?? :bawling:

Probably the door that says "MEN"

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Zos clearly doesn’t want to make the game about that and the game isn’t rated adult. I think some confuse mature with adult.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are brothels though.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “The Elder Scrolls Online

Platform: Macintosh, Windows PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
    Rating Category:
    Content Descriptors: Blood and Gore, Sexual Themes, Use of Alcohol, Violence
    Other: Online Interactions Not Rated by the ESRB (MAC, PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)
    Rating Summary: This is a multiplayer online role-playing game in which players assume the role of a warrior in the fantastical world of Nirn. As players explore open-world environments, they can perform various quests and complete tasks. Characters use swords, arrows, axes, and magic attacks (e.g., lightning, fire attacks) to kill human-like and fantastical enemies (e.g., orcs, demons, giant insects). Players engage in melee-style combat, hacking and slashing at various enemies; battles are highlighted by cries of pain, impact sounds, and blood splashes. Some sequences depict large amounts of blood streaming up-close as vampires attack/feed on characters. In some quests players have the ability to mount creatures' severed heads onto pikes; some environments depict corpse piles or skeletons hanging from torture devices. Text descriptions or dialogue sometimes contain references to sexual material and/or innuendo (e.g., “She...*** the men as cruelly as Bal had ravished her”; “In his mind, she would be the sheath to every knight's blade”; “No sweetmeat for you”; But it is huge! It could take me all night!”). During the course of the game, alcohol (i.e., wine, mead, ale) can be purchased and consumed by the central character; one sequence prompts players to engage in a drinking contest, resulting in the central character's blurred vision/slurred speech.”
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

I did buy skyrim, but never got past the ugly looking characters in character creation.

Well Morrowind had a strip club. Three nude female npcs dancing on a stage in the basement of a tavern that had a bouncer and mood lighting
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know all those locked doors and houses that we can't enter?
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know all those locked doors and houses that we can't enter?

Unless you're a super sneaky OP NB.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    There is kind of one in Ebonheart if I remember right.
    Bandari trading post on border to Reaper march is an pretty obvious one, it even have an quest.
    Not technical an brothels the same way lots of real world places where sex are sold are not technical brothels.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »
    There is kind of one in Ebonheart if I remember right.
    Bandari trading post on border to Reaper march is an pretty obvious one, it even have an quest.
    Not technical an brothels the same way lots of real world places where sex are sold are not technical brothels.

Pa'alat is the town with a brothel in Reaper's March. It even got a madame, named Madame Bellyscratch.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's called the crown store
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kind of telling that OP is most concerned about the lack of brothels. Most people in real life have never been in a brothel. But every single person, without exception has been in a BATHROOM.

may be even more telling how many players know where the brothels are located.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

Well Morrowind had a strip club. Three nude female npcs dancing on a stage in the basement of a tavern that had a bouncer and mood lighting

Thats cool

But instead of Brothels, what I would really like to find in ESO is the Mens Room.

8)

• D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    This is a mature audience game and what happens in brothels is the oldest profession known to man. So it makes no sense why brothels don’t exist in Tamriel. On top of that it would make for great role playing experience. Please limit your feedback to constructive criticism.

Lookin for a good time :smiley: