The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What race did you choose for necromancer?

• SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Breton
    Breton master race.

I also made an Orc.
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    Because I like them and most of my characters are Khajiit. Also, he's a tribute to one of my own cats who died in Feb this year, and it's my way of dealing with his loss.

Sorry to hear it friend. I did something similar a few years ago when my cat died.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    Despite Altmer being the only correct choice for race in ESO, it really doesn't matter when it comes to the Necromancer class as its sustain is god awful and the class is littered with bugs and faulty class design choices that hinder combat performance considerably.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    Stamina Necromancer - Orc

Magicka Necromancer - Khajiit (this character is still in the works)
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajit
    Khajiit for sleekness and also the nice synergy between passives. The fact that she'll be able to do stam and mag is also very efficient for character slot usage.... OK, ok, that's over half of why.

Also will probably make an Argonian for healing/tanking because I need more Argonian chars, the name potential is off the charts, and Argonian should be a great race for when I'd tank/heal on a Necromancer which would be progression runs.

Breton would be fun for making a Reachman necromancer because I honestly have a lot of sympathy for the people of the Reach but I don't have enough open character slots to justify it.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    I will also be making a Breton.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Demion
    Demion
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial
    Turelus wrote: »
    Dunmer, not sure I could choose anything else. :tongue:

Ever tried Imperial ;)
    @darksenechal - EU PC - Demion Samenel - Templar "The Reluctant Hero of Tamriel"
  • spacebandit
    spacebandit
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    Kill em, et em, then raise em from the ded
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know it's funny, there's all these people saying they picked things like bosmer/dunmer/khajit/imperial because they wanted a strong stamina race, and I'm sure that will work but as far as I know orc & redguard are considered hands down the best stamina races. I wonder if people just dont know/disagree, or if there were other unmentioned considerations in their decision.

Edit: nevermind. Reread comments and not many people said that.
    Edited by worrallj on May 30, 2019 4:06PM
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dunmer
    Master race
  • spacebandit
    spacebandit
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    worrallj wrote: »
    You know it's funny, there's all these people saying they picked things like bosmer/dunmer/khajit/imperial because they wanted a strong stamina race, and I'm sure that will work but as far as I know orc & redguard are considered hands down the best stamina races. I wonder if people just dont know/disagree, or if there were other unmentioned considerations in their decision.

Edit: nevermind. Reread comments and not many people said that.
    Reason I chose Bosmer>orc or redguard is I wanted a sustain class but I’m not fond of redguard and the 8% is only on weapon abilities. Plus there is a whole zone dedicated to how redguards hate fighting the undead so raising the undead doesn’t make much sense.

• Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    Imperial for stam
    Altmer for mag

I'm not sure if still with these races though. Already rethinking imperial. Just not sure what I want to do with this class yet.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    Breton (magicka), Orc (stamina), Argonian (tank/heal)
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    Im on console so I won't be able to pick one officially until Tuesday...vut ive made up my mind already.

1. Breton for magcro. For sustain...but mostly for looks so i can create an exact copy of the Fanglair necromancer npc's.

2. Orc for my stamcro. Was torn between Orc and Redguard. But Orcs are BiS at the moment. And I've got a sick look made up for an Orc dark shaman necromancer.

3. Nord for my tank...eh -cro. Nords ult regen combined with Necro ult regen capabilities will make for a very fast ult regen tank. Plus those nord res are not bad either.
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    I was gonna make a Breton healer but I don't like the healing skills from necro and I see it far away from my breton templar.

So I decided to make an stamcro dps so I chose Bosmer.
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evergnar wrote: »
    Imperial for stam
    Altmer for mag

I'm not sure if still with these races though. Already rethinking imperial. Just not sure what I want to do with this class yet.

Those were my two race choices as well. Altmer for magicka damage, and healing, and Imperial for Stamina damage, and tanking.

I would recommend staying with those two races, as with those two you can preform well at all roles in both PVE, and PVP.

• Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Dunmer, and I have no regrets!

7a6350db8646e6d9bab933717b550d28.png?width=1214&height=683

Dunmer favourite race :heart:
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit on EU and Breton on NA. Breton for sustain. Khajiit cause kitty.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having a hard time coming up with a character for this class. Doesn't help that I don't like necromancers in any fantasy RPG. Presuming they add another class in a couple years, I hope it provides a better platform for inspiration for me.
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    I'm having a hard time coming up with a character for this class. Doesn't help that I don't like necromancers in any fantasy RPG. Presuming they add another class in a couple years, I hope it provides a better platform for inspiration for me.

I wish instead of a whole new class, just split warden into an ice class and a nature class.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit, Dark Elf, and Redguard.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    I wanted to play a Dunmer, but hey, gotta chase that meta. :p

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    There is only one race that matters.
  • Blackwing_Soul
    Blackwing_Soul
    ✭✭✭
    High Elf, 2 khajiit, and a Dark Elf.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    My new necro healer is Argonian, because of all the awesome names I could choose from:

Owns-Your-Bones
    Raises-All-Corpses

etc etc. :)

My magicka DPS necro will be a Khajiit. Because Elsweyr!

Bone-to-Pick !
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    I did dunmer since they have mag and Stam bonus and necro has a health bonus passive so nice well rounded stats.

Also incase mag necro really really sucks I can easily swap to Stam
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Neanderthal
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    Altmer and Orc, both. I didn't choose them for their passives; I just chose them because there were a couple of characters I had in mind that I wanted to bring to life.
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard
    1) Redguard stamcro

cool backstory conflict; he's a redguard, who detest and fight actively against necromancy, yet he uses this power. Why? still figuring it out. My current idea is that he was unwillingly made a lich as a child as a result of his parents, both outcasts of redguard culture and society somehow. that's just a theorycraft though. I like sustain classes. I might change him to orc later if i want to be more meta.

2) Khajiit Healer

for the furry elsweyr vibes, i wanted to make another khajiit, and they're not HORRIBLE healer races, just probably not ideal. But necros aren't seeming to be amazing healers anyway so do i care? not that much.

3) High elf Magcro

haven't worked on him much but i couldn't just NOT make my magdps necromancer a high elf.

4) Imperial tank

haven't made her yet but imperials make necromancy professional so i could see this working in lore and as a tank.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    3x Dunmer.

To go with my 15 other Dunmer.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...