Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blastbones is useless in pvp

Haashhtaag
Haashhtaag
✭✭✭✭✭
This skill needs a ton of work to even be a viable pvp skill.

-Damage is bugged(known and confirmed by ZOS)
-AI targeting is a joke
-Needs more health to be viable
-Gets negated
-Summoning animation needs to be 1GCD
-Path needs to be 1GCD to target
- The ability grey's out far too long after being used and summons is gone.
Edited by Haashhtaag on May 25, 2019 2:03PM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But, how else am I suppose to reliably get Major Berserk from Reaper's Mark if you don't use it? Think of the NBs that rely on you to make killing your teammates easier.
    Argonian forever
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro doesnt do so hot in PvP right now unless you load it down with weapon skills. Pity.
  • Beffagorn
    Beffagorn
    ✭✭✭
    Necro doesnt do so hot in PvP right now unless you load it down with weapon skills. Pity.

Welcome to team Stamdk, hope you enjoy your stay!
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beffagorn wrote: »

pfft. Im already back on my Sorc. Why would I stick around with a useless class when we all see how much fixing ZoS has done for Magden in the last 3 years?
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you typed stamsorc wrong ;)

• LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes because after 1 week people know all the ins and outs of the class already to play necromancer perfectly in PvP.... After a month or two we shall see. If the necromancer is at this stage was already dominating in PvP imagine how OP the class would be when people have actually learned to play them....
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordTareq wrote: »

Yes because after 1 week people know all the ins and outs of the class already to play necromancer perfectly in PvP.... After a month or two we shall see. If the necromancer is at this stage was already dominating in PvP imagine how OP the class would be when people have actually learned to play them....

Ah how the whiteknights try to defend this crap
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »

Stamsorc doesn't suck it just has like...2 abilities
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s mainly broken skills that are throwing it off. Blastbones being the most obvious with issues. It needs a lot of work as this skill will be necromancer burst potential. Without burst potential you might as well not even pvp on the class and would be better off on any other class just about.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

It’s mainly broken skills that are throwing it off. Blastbones being the most obvious with issues. It needs a lot of work as this skill will be necromancer burst potential. Without burst potential you might as well not even pvp on the class and would be better off on any other class just about.

Right now the best way to PvP in Necro is to roll stam and use mostly weapon skills and thats a real pity.
  • david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say one since bound armemant just sit their, passively giving you stats while you'll never active it.

And Hurricain is just a buff you maintain. For real its a shame.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right now the best way to PvP in Necro is to roll stam and use mostly weapon skills and thats a real pity.
    Yes I went stam to begin with and exactly what I’m doing. The class itself seems like a hybrid Stamden /stamsorc that isn’t implemented well at all.
    Edited by Haashhtaag on May 25, 2019 3:41PM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blastbones takes too long to get to the target in PvE also, stupid thing just stands there forever before heading out. The damage is a known bug they are going to fix so I'm not concerned about that ATM. But yeah it needs to take off the instant it spawns otherwise it's rather useless TBH and I'm about to just take it off my bar.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blastbones takes too long to get to the target in PvE also, stupid thing just stands there forever before heading out. The damage is a known bug they are going to fix so I'm not concerned about that ATM. But yeah it needs to take off the instant it spawns otherwise it's rather useless TBH and I'm about to just take it off my bar.

Magcro morph of Blastbones is bugged and will often just stand perfectly still for a few seconds before collapsing.
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Runkorko on May 25, 2019 3:52PM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magcro morph of Blastbones is bugged and will often just stand perfectly still for a few seconds before collapsing.

Isn't this one of the things they're fixing along with the damage? The thing I dislike about it is that even when it works it takes it forever to get moving so by the time it reaches my target I've already killed it! So as it is Blastbones is rather useless, it needs to take off as soon as it spawns, not just stand there for a decade before deciding to MOVE :/
    Edited by Wildberryjack on May 25, 2019 3:57PM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just in PvP, sadly. :/
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A buddy of mine who’s awesome at pvp period and one of the best MagDk’s PcNA rolled a Magcro and is practicing with it. Had to drag him into Cyro with it. All he wanted to do was duel and duel some more.

Until HE says Necro sucks (particularly Magcro) I’ll just have to conclude folks don’t know how to play it. You have to put in the time I suppose.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A buddy of mine who’s awesome at pvp period and one of the best MagDk’s PcNA rolled a Magcro and is practicing with it. Had to drag him into Cyro with it. All he wanted to do was duel and duel some more.

Until HE says Necro sucks (particularly Magcro) I’ll just have to conclude folks don’t know how to play it. You have to put in the time I suppose.

The skill is literally broken, confirmed by zos they're working on a fix.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Knowing how to play =/= knowing if things are bugged are not. You don't have to be good at PvP or PvE to know when something is busted. Also, taking only one person's opinion on something just because they're "awesome" at something while ignoring other people who might be really good too just seems narrow-minded and condescending.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-AI targeting is a joke
    -Gets negated

What is a 1GCD? I don't have a clue.

Little children time, pulling teeth.

What is bugged? Why is AI targeting a joke? Why does more health be needed to be viable?

Extraordinary statements, require extraordinary proof. Am I being a bit condescending? Yeah I guess. But so is @Haashtaag being condescending as well.

Just because you say so, doesn't mean it's fact or true. Maybe if you explain yourself properly with reasons and or facts then you can be taken more seriously. No wonder Zenimax and Bethesda doesn't respect us. We can't respect ourselves or the company with talk like this.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How many skills aren't "viable" in PvP on other classes again?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stam DK doesn’t suck either. They’re actually pretty strong. Stam DK has access to major mending in the same cast as minor brutality, Major fracture (as a very good dot), fossilize is the best CC in the game, your attacks are snares and leap is a very viable ult, the only stamina class ult worth using. The resource return from ults is amazing and they’re naturally very tanky. And Stam DKs benefit from all of their class passives or pretty close to it (haven’t checked in a bit). In order of stamina class viability id put stam sorc at the bottom followed by stamina templar, and from there it’s just situational. A lot of players have gone stam DK these days because of how strong they are especially in the SB meta. I gotta say that stam DKs aren’t in as bad of a spot as they make themselves out to be. I went back to one for a while and had a lot of success on it. There only fault is that they can be a bit slow in killing which is tough out numbered.
    Edited by Vapirko on May 26, 2019 1:38AM
  • Ace_SiN
    Ace_SiN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »

What is bugged?

Blastbones pathing. The evidence is that it's easily reproducible for anyone that unlocked the skill. A few casts in, on a single target, and the slow baby-stepping undead can struggle to reach an immobile target that's a few inches in front of him. There's no reasonable argument that the pathing is working correctly.

Also, the damage hits for a lot less than the tooltip. Again, easily reproduced the moment you have the skill and compare actual numbers.
    Why is AI targeting a joke?

The longer Blastbones have to run reach moving targets across the terrain, the more confused it gets. This is much harder to reproduce in PvE, but more noticeable in PvP. Check out KristoferESO latest video on the subject for evidence.
    Why does more health be needed to be viable?

It doesn't necessarily need more health, but it needs more reliability. However, ZOS should have never nerfed the hp, at the end of the PTS, until everything was fixed to ensure healthy counterplay and not the frustrating skill it currently is. When it's not struggling to reach its target for no damage, it's being quickly melted for the same effect.

Imagine your core damaging ability having a 50% chance to do no damage and still cost resources. That's Blastbones.

King of Beasts

• Beffagorn
    Beffagorn
    ✭✭✭

Unlike stamdks, stamsorc aren't hot garbage in 90% of the game's content, they just lack morphs and identity.

Stamdk can't do anything outside of using 7th-fury + Corrosive Armor.

Also, double barring a mag spammable to increase weapon damage. lul
    Edited by Beffagorn on May 26, 2019 7:20AM
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-AI targeting is a joke
    -Gets negated

I'm ok to negate a magika skill, but the negate loks in place even the stamina blastbone.
    Anyway the idea is that you cannot cast the magika blastbone inside a negate but if you cast it outside it should work on targets inside a negate like EVERY other ability in game.
    The other thing that is unfair is that summons can't be animation cancel properly you need to wait half of the animation even in skills that are "Instant to cast".
    Edited by Tonnopesce on May 26, 2019 7:34AM
    Signature

• Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you typed stamplar wrong ;)
    Signature

• Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You’re supposed to drop the fear totem right after. BB > fear totem > profit.
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I may add to this, blastbones does not always prioritize the enemy you hit with heavy attack.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then don't use it. Not all skills are viable in pvp.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266