Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blastbones is useless in pvp

• Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As we can see here, people have wildly different opinions on what's "viable".

And if it's still not a good skill for PvP even after they've fixed it - so what? Then don't use it in PvP. Not every skill needs to be good in PvP.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »

And if it's still not a good skill for PvP even after they've fixed it - so what? Then don't use it in PvP. Not every skill needs to be good in PvP.

While true that not every skill needs to be, Blastbones should be viable in PvP because it's essential to the Necromancer burst. Without the skill Necromancer doesn't really have...much.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beffagorn wrote: »
    Necro doesnt do so hot in PvP right now unless you load it down with weapon skills. Pity.

Welcome to team Stamdk, hope you enjoy your stay!

Still waiting for my class change
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its underperformin in PvE too.
    And where skill which reduce healing should be use ? Can you tell me?:)
    Edited by Runkorko on May 26, 2019 10:39AM
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    Necro doesnt do so hot in PvP right now unless you load it down with weapon skills. Pity.

I think you typed stamsorc wrong ;)

Stamsorc doesn't suck it just has like...2 abilities

which is exactly why stamsorc sucks.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O_LYKOS wrote: »
    Then don't use it. Not all skills are viable in pvp.

It's the class main burst ability, it's even crap in pve currently.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Crixus8000 wrote: »

I think you typed stamsorc wrong ;)

Stamsorc doesn't suck it just has like...2 abilities

Stam DK doesn’t suck either. They’re actually pretty strong. Stam DK has access to major mending in the same cast as minor brutality, Major fracture (as a very good dot), fossilize is the best CC in the game, your attacks are snares and leap is a very viable ult, the only stamina class ult worth using. The resource return from ults is amazing and they’re naturally very tanky. And Stam DKs benefit from all of their class passives or pretty close to it (haven’t checked in a bit). In order of stamina class viability id put stam sorc at the bottom followed by stamina templar, and from there it’s just situational. A lot of players have gone stam DK these days because of how strong they are especially in the SB meta. I gotta say that stam DKs aren’t in as bad of a spot as they make themselves out to be. I went back to one for a while and had a lot of success on it. There only fault is that they can be a bit slow in killing which is tough out numbered.

Agreed. My stamdk feels WAY stronger this patch. Noxious breath hits harder and I dw with rapid strikes.
  • Riejael
    Riejael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    How many skills aren't "viable" in PvP on other classes again?

Most of them.
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blastbones when they're aimed at a nightblade but the nb goes in stealth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqJVa0fl01w

• John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

While true that not every skill needs to be, Blastbones should be viable in PvP because it's essential to the Necromancer burst. Without the skill Necromancer doesn't really have...much.

Welcome to the world of StamDKs. ^^

Really, I can feel with that, and it'd be great if classes had full toolkit of class-defining abilities useful both in PvE and PvP. And I really want people to have fun with necros. But I'd also like equality for everyone; if they're to give necros well-rounded toolkit, let's make it fair and rework DK too. And by rework, I mean something radically opposite to taking psychoactive substances for a month and then coming up with such cadaverous invention as Seething Fury. ^^
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really, I can feel with that, and it'd be great if classes had full toolkit of class-defining abilities useful both in PvE and PvP. And I really want people to have fun with necros. But I'd also like equality for everyone; if they're to give necros well-rounded toolkit, let's make it fair and rework DK too. And by rework, I mean something radically opposite to taking psychoactive substances for a month and then coming up with such cadaverous invention as Seething Fury. ^^

StamDKs might be the best spec for open world right now? You don’t even need vigor. Lmao
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

StamDKs might be the best spec for open world right now? You don’t even need vigor. Lmao

Then why are you so bothered about blastbones not being useful in PvP? You don't know yet how stamnecro is performing in PvP - by your logic, if it'll be strong in open world without blastbones, then whole thread you've started is about nothing and you don't really need them. Stamdk is lacking stamina utility and has to dip into magicka for healing and use weapon abilities instead? Sure, necro can do the same if it's fine in your book.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm not talking about StamDKs. This discussion is about Blastbones. StamDKs are superior in PvP, and the morphs of skills they have work correctly. DK has a way more well-rounded toolkit than Necro. I don't even know what you're on about.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm not talking about StamDKs. This discussion is about Blastbones. StamDKs are superior in PvP, and the morphs of skills they have work correctly. DK has a way more well-rounded toolkit than Necro. I don't even know what you're on about.

Correctly, really now. Whole two morphs. Oh sorry, one and a half, considering that Noxious' clunky hitbox is harder to land than a Boeing.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Correctly, really now. Whole two morphs. Oh sorry, one and a half, considering that Noxious' clunky hitbox is harder to land than a Boeing.

This isn't a post about stamDKs though, go start a post for them. StamDK is strong, and I'm so sorry you don't have more morphs, but that doesn't have anything to do with Necro or Blastbones.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This isn't a post about stamDKs though, go start a post for them. StamDK is strong, and I'm so sorry you don't have more morphs, but that doesn't have anything to do with Necro or Blastbones.

It has everything to do with necro and blastbones. Classes don't exist in isolation. You're trying to prove that necro needs blastbones in PvP, and at the same time trying to convince others that stamDK is already strong without stamina morphs and only relying on weapon skills. Double standards much.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It has everything to do with necro and blastbones. Classes don't exist in isolation. You're trying to prove that necro needs blastbones in PvP, and at the same time trying to convince others that stamDK is already strong without stamina morphs and only relying on weapon skills. Double standards much.

Why are you talking about stamDK in a necromancer thread? If you are only using weapon skills on a StamDK you're literally playing it wrong and you're not very good.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, blastbones is the least instant instant cast ability ever. It's even slower than my sorcs LL and it misfires (fails to fire) even more than my sorcs curse. Pretty broken. I'm sure it will be fixed promptly, like how quickly the targeting on sorcs curse or any other slow animation single target targeted ability works. Have anything, even a dead body, cross your path mid cast and it's a mis-cast. Useless.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why are you talking about stamDK in a necromancer thread? If you are only using weapon skills on a StamDK you're literally playing it wrong and you're not very good.

If you're implying that using magicka skills is the way to go - well, what can I say, this thread can be closed already, just use Shacklebreaker on necro and use magicka toolkit. I'm in turn not sure why you're talking about blastbones like it's supposed to be a skill useful for PvP, and it's your arguments made me mention stamDK. Simple.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're implying that using magicka skills is the way to go - well, what can I say, this thread can be closed already, just use Shacklebreaker on necro and use magicka toolkit. I'm in turn not sure why you're talking about blastbones like it's supposed to be a skill useful for PvP, and it's your arguments made me mention stamDK. Simple.

You have strongest single target dot, claw.
    corrosive
    noxious breath got buffed beyond belief
    cauterize is the best heal in the game, i've seen 8-10k crits with it.
    wings, if you use them.....reduces range damage by 50%
    major mending from fragmented shield
    best CC in the game with root attached to it

DK's now don't really even have to run vigor. Also heard the whip changes have made whip viable for stamDK's as well.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, I'm literally saying that Blastbones is horrible in PvP, and since the entire Necromancer class damage-wise revolves around this skill, it needs to be fixed. Why are you on about StamDK?
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭

corrosive

DK's now don't really even have to run vigor. Also heard the whip changes have made whip viable for stamDK's as well.

Bleeds are still better than claw.
    Noxious breath is finally useful for some damage after years of neglectlol but still subject to major evasion damage reduction
    Cauterize doesn’t work well in groups, but solo I’ll give you that
    Wings can not be kept up with the high cost on stamdk
    Major mending is strong but with high cost can not be spammed
    Fossilize can only be used in close quarters and is single target, unlike fear

StamDk is better but still not at the top. StamWarden still does everything better.

However, Necro being released as buggy as it is is unacceptable and one doesn’t have to think far to see why so many classes still need work as a brand new class doesn’t even work properly. Shame really.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

corrosive

1. The only useful stamina skill, and it's a dot. We're still talking about burst skill being needed in PvP, or did I miss anything? 2. Why bring ultimate like necro doesn't have one? Colossus is much more potent, by the way, with AoE Major Vulnerability. 3. Never tried to land Noxious, have you? It's useless in PvP, hitbox has been bugged since forever. 3. Hope you're aware that to use new whip, sDK has to double bar it and first ramp up stacks to get the bonus. Still talking about burst, let alone in PvP?

The rest are magicka, not sure why even bring magicka toolkit here. Necro can be a hybrid too, if you're implying that it's a good thing.

No, I'm literally saying that Blastbones is horrible in PvP, and since the entire Necromancer class damage-wise revolves around this skill, it needs to be fixed. Why are you on about StamDK?

Any actual arguments as to why exactly necro damage in PvP should revolve around Blastbones, again? As you keep stressing yourself, classes without in-class burst can be strong (and according to you again it's fine to go almost hybrid and use magicka toolkit). Trying to figure if you indeed can show that this one skill holds the class together in PvP (probably can't, it's been a week since release) or it would be just cool to have, without any real reason.

I mean, "it'd be nice to have Blastbones in PvP" is a perfectly valid sentiment, I can share it. "Argh, make Blastbones useful in PvP, class does not work at all without it" - not so much.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

corrosive

1. The only useful stamina skill, and it's a dot. We're still talking about burst skill being needed in PvP, or did I miss anything? 2. Why bring ultimate like necro doesn't have one? Colossus is much more potent, by the way, with AoE Major Vulnerability. 3. Never tried to land Noxious, have you? It's useless in PvP, hitbox has been bugged since forever. 3. Hope you're aware that to use new whip, sDK has to double bar it and first ramp up stacks to get the bonus. Still talking about burst, let alone in PvP?

The rest are magicka, not sure why even bring magicka toolkit here. Necro can be a hybrid too, if you're implying that it's a good thing.

Any actual arguments as to why exactly necro damage in PvP should revolve around Blastbones, again? As you keep stressing yourself, classes without in-class burst can be strong (and according to you again it's fine to go almost hybrid and use magicka toolkit). Trying to figure if you indeed can show that this one skill holds the class together in PvP (probably can't, it's been a week since release) or it would be just cool to have, without any real reason.

I mean, "it'd be nice to have Blastbones in PvP" is a perfectly valid sentiment, I can share it. "Argh, make Blastbones useful in PvP, class does not work at all without it" - not so much.

The class doesn't have any other damage xD

Have you played the class?
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on May 27, 2019 10:22AM
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

corrosive

Its like saying scorch is optional for wardens to be effective....

Anyway. Blastbones indeed need some Work. Its a Nightmare to chase someone throught terrain and blastbones not hitting him once cause their pathing fucke up all the time and by the time they finally start running to your target He is already out of range.....
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

corrosive

Really doesn't? Frags-like proc ability with comparable tooltip (especially with passives) for 25% less cost? Check. A pet dot? Check. AoE dot? Check. Cleave that heals you and applies healing debuff to targets? Check. Okay, we're already far outside one and a half DoTs sDK has (which was precisely the point). And I'm not even speaking of an ultimate that's basically a twenty second long spammable Dawnbreaker. Sure, no damage at all.
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    While this became a contest of stamdks, back to the point of the topic... Blastbones needs improvement. The way this skill handles is insanely buggy and almost useless. The pathing and the AI is just not very reliable for this to be an active skill. like if this was a constant pet like a sorc pet ok maybe that would make up for it ? but right now this being a timed explosive skill kinda like shalks it suffers with to many variables affecting the skill. AI and Pathing need to be corrected before this has any chance at viability in pvp.
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭
    [removed baiting comment] Stam DK is, from a stamina perspective, the strongest class in open world PvP at the moment. If you think a Stamina Class should only use Stamina skills and because of that, Cauterize, Wings, Fossilize or Fragmented Shield are not viable Stam DK skills, then I really cant help you. [removed bait]
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on May 27, 2019 7:01PM
    PC EU - @RealPhoenix | Cyrodiil´s FIST | 1500 CP | Dedicated PvP Player | 36k Achievement Points
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, it's this drunk again.

Do you ever say anything consequentially relevant?
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    How many skills aren't "viable" in PvP on other classes again?

Yeah but all other class burst abilities are, and that sets a standard that BB is falling behind on, not to mention it is just plain bugged.

corrosive

Not trying to fan flames much here, but I am not sure what you are doing wrong if your Noxious Breath isn't hitting, mine hits all the time and easily. Stam and magicka DK are really good right now. Now, I gotta ask, what the hell happened to the blastbones discussion?