The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sugar cane (that looks like bamboo) in Elsweyr looks horrible HORRIBLE

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I know this might be petty but this is driving me nuts - there is this farm Merryvale Farms in the southern portion which plants sugar cane
And the sugar cane is basically just blocks, you know what i mean when you see it... you can find it probably in different places... but it looks like the sugar cane was taken straight out of minecraft or the first doom...it looks so bad and is triggering me SO HARD - it looks really out of place (and out of decade).

I LOVE the zone visuals but this sticks out like a sore thumb

Here, even minecraft uses individual plants
scmanual-ready.jpg
Edited by Nemesis7884 on May 25, 2019 5:55AM
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But....it got 16 times the detail :p;)
    Edited by Hämähäkki on May 25, 2019 5:17AM
    TherealHämähäkki
  • david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But....it got 16 times the detail :p detai ;)

That and @don't you have phones@ won't ever get old. never!
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    err... isn't that sugarcane?
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That isn't bamboo its whatever the cane plant that moon sugar is made from.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But....it got 16 times the detail :p detai ;)

That and @don't you have phones@ won't ever get old. never!

My phone obviously doesn't have the detail :D
    TherealHämähäkki
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    That isn't bamboo its whatever the cane plant that moon sugar is made from.

thanks for the info! But i guess when i call it bamboo everyone knows what i mean...
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what you mean. Looks like sugarcane farms to me.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Triggered SO HARD?"
    Dude, what in the blue blazes? You're comparing it to frikkin' Minecraft?
    What are your graphics settings?
    Cut back on the caffeine, or something.

It looks totally fine. Have you never seen sugarcane in the real world?

GCAqqvq.png
    nr69JE5.png
    YOg7AUh.png
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the ground intersection is too straight. Needs a bit more work to integrate into the environment and feel less fake. More detail around there would be good. Turning on ambient occlusion in graphics settings might help a bit too, if it isn’t on already. But yeah... does look a little sloppy.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It just works.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sugar cane has much longer, droopier leaves in reality. And fleshier stems (as opposed to woody ones).

What those assets depict is very typical bamboo. And not even high-visual fidelity bamboo, at that. Yikes!

(coming from someone who grew up in an area where both species grow, and even makes freshly-squeezed beverages from sugar cane)
    Edited by TheYKcid on May 25, 2019 11:30AM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, it really does look like blocky minecraft bamboo. Something feels wrong about those perfect rectangles.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nice and straight too. must be military sugarcane at attention

• wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's moon sugar and if you get too close to the plants on a hot day, vapours rise from these plants and if one inhales these sweet vapours, one's vision may become slightly distorted and things in the world may look a little strange.🍄🍄🍄
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    nr69JE5.png

Instantly reminded me of this:

Doom-Game-Screenshot.jpg

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • A_Silverius
    A_Silverius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do look kinda bad.. it looks like something from TES Daggerfall or Arena :P It's probably done this way to help with performance though. They should've just made the moon sugar cane farms look like the ones in Kenarthi's Roost:
    ESO---Moon-Sugar-Plantation.gif
    Edited by A_Silverius on May 25, 2019 12:08PM
    All over Tamriel, theres a sudden spike in Bosmers getting caught for their crimes. A sad day indeed... #FightForYourRite Give Bosmers back our stealth!
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How they are attached to the ground it's way too straight in line (doesn't look natural - like a paper cut with scissors), and the resolution of each bamboo is low, yes.

This is how they look in real life:

5n4ke.png

Edited by Dragonnord on May 25, 2019 11:00AM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, it doesn't. And I don't think you have either if you think it looks fine. Literally looks like square blocks of dried bamboo lol.
    Edited by Numerikuu on May 25, 2019 11:24AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numerikuu wrote: »

Nah, it doesn't. And I don't think you have either if you think it looks fine. Literally looks like square blocks of dried bamboo lol.

Nope.

It’s a fantasy MMO ... where imaginary things sometimes diverge from real life.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss Doom! lol
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would be best if we could set it up in flames with the treasure hunter personality's torch
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nope.

Precisely.
    People will *** about the stupidest ***.
  • david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope.

Precisely.

its kinda break the fantasy when the art is butchered like that.
    Edited by david_m_18b16_ESO on May 25, 2019 12:44PM
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nope.

Precisely.

its kidna break the fantasy when the art is butchered like that.

That's totally subjective.
    Obviously, plenty of folks seem to agree with you, but clearly, lots of people don't.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    nr69JE5.png

Instantly reminded me of this:

Doom-Game-Screenshot.jpg

Ouchy... but this this a reminder of good research before designing.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh, you are not "triggered", you're annoyed. Triggered means you had a traumatic experience and its causing flashbacks. It's actually a very serious thing.
    However you and other idiots use it whenever you're even mildly annoyed by something. Come off your effin high horse, its a game and the devs had their reasons to make it look that way. Complaining about it here will not change a thing but make you look stupid.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DBZVelena wrote: »
    ugh, you are not "triggered", you're annoyed. Triggered means you had a traumatic experience and its causing flashbacks. It's actually a very serious thing.
    However you and other idiots use it whenever you're even mildly annoyed by something. Come off your effin high horse, its a game and the devs had their reasons to make it look that way. Complaining about it here will not change a thing but make you look stupid.

1. Obviously this wad meant tongue and cheek

2. If not the games forum where would you have lighthearted discussions about it

3. Im an idiot says the guy who immediatly resorts to calling people names he doesnt agree with...lol
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering it is a fantasy MMO and the sugar cane are moon sugar cane, there’s no reason to think it doesn’t grow straight. I personally think it looks fine.
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But....it got 16 times the detail :p;)

It just WORKS.