The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Nothing Is Working, and I'm Out 60 Bucks. Please Help.

thearchivist95
Okay. My head is killing me, but I'm going to try and organize my thoughts here, it's been a long, not-fun night for me.

I have an ESO account linked the Steam. I have no played ESO in close to a year. I purchased the new DLC tonight, for the price of 59.99, USD. I attempted to re-download ESO. Steam is not letting me. I get "disk write errors" every 10 seconds. Someone told me I'm better off just getting Elsweyr directly through this website, and leaving Steam behind. I thought "Wait, I DID buy Elsweyr through this website!" So I go back to my account page. It shows the new DLC as a separate account, but gives me no method of downloading the ESO client. I think to myself "Maybe I need to unlink my Steam account." So I try to unlink my Steam account. But the button isn't there. Steam doesn't show up in the unlink page. PS4 is there. Twitch is there. Steam is nowhere to be found.

So I go to make a ticket. I fill out the entire ticket. I click submit. It boots me out of the process, tells me I've never logged in on this IP, makes me enter an emailed code. I do that. Fill out the ticket again. No estimated wait time.

To summarize, what I am trying to do- is have Elsweyr Digital Edition on an account not connected to Steam, and to be able to download and play it. Can anyone please help me? I'm almost out of Tylenol.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What i think happened is: you bought the Elsweyr digital game, not the digital upgrade.
    but you did it on the same account as your existing game account.
    This confuses the website and servers.
    that causes the error and that makes steam go nope.

So now you have to wait for support where they fix it for you.

They'll prob fix it by refunding you the digital game and removing the code. then you can buy the upgrade through the website.
    This may or may not get you a download link on your account page. If it does yay, you're free of steam. If it doesn't, alas you'll be stuck with steam and you might not be free of the disk write error since that might be caused by not having enough free room on the drive you have steam and thus eso installed on. In that case you can instruct steam to install it on a drive that does have enough room.

if you get the error despite having enough room, you might need to buy a new hard drive, because it might be almost ready to break. In that case i recommend to buy a SSD drive, those last longer and have less chance to break.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • thearchivist95
    I hope this can get fixed today, or at least tomorrow. I don't wanna get stuck with this for the long weekend, that would be an extreme bummer.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @thearchivist95 . I'm as extremely sorry you have had this much trouble trying to download Elsweyr. It really is always best to get eso dlcs and chapters from the official eso store imo. I hope you can sort this out soon. My heart goes out to you. Please update us and let us know if you have resolved the issue. I also hope your headache has gone.❤
  • thearchivist95
    It's not. They're refusing to refund me until they've processed my payment, which they said could take up to 10 days. So that money is gone, for possibly over a week. I cannot currently afford to buy Elsweyr, and am not likely to do so when I get my money back.

This entire thing has turned me off from the game pretty hardcore.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This doesn't sound right. You really should get better service in a situation like this. This kind of thing can affect people's mental health. I hope they help you sooner. I'm keeping this thread starred so I can support you through this frustrating time.
    I wish I could do more .

Another thought I had is that you cannot play the chapter as early access if you bought it after the pre order date and maybe that is why they told you that they can't do anything for 10 days.
    Edited by wishlist14 on May 25, 2019 10:43PM
  • thearchivist95
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    This doesn't sound right. You really should get better service in a situation like this. This kind of thing can affect people's mental health. I hope they help you sooner. I'm keeping this thread starred so I can support you through this frustrating time.
    I wish I could do more .

Another thought I had is that you cannot play the chapter as early access if you bought it after the pre order date and maybe that is why they told you that they can't do anything for 10 days.

Wishlist... you are good people. It's been very frustrating and stressful, it's true. The reason they gave me was that the money was on hold while they processed it. That's what they said, anyhow.

As an alternative, I've opened a ticket requesting that the game I bought be transferred to an account not linked to Steam. I haven't played in years, and was going to basically be starting over anyhow. I made a new account (haven't bought anything on it yet) and am hoping that they can simply move the purchased Elsweyr game to this other account. Not sure if I'll get results though.
  • thearchivist95
    They said they can't transfer the game license, and I have to wait an unspecified period of time to get a refund. So that 60 is simply gone, until... it's not. Basically no real information.

And is this normal? For a payment to take that long to process? I've never bought anything online where it took more than a split second to process, why is this taking up to 10 days? I don't understand.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Zos should stop trying to sell their games through steam as it causes too many issues for their clients.
  • thearchivist95
    Yeah Steam is something I'm likely to avoid in the future, at least when it comes to games available elsewhere. I'm hoping the funds go through today so I can get this taken care of.
  • thearchivist95
    Still waiting on the transaction to go through :/ about to be day 3.
    Edited by thearchivist95 on May 26, 2019 11:28PM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting on the transaction to go through :/ about to be day 3.

:cry:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should grab a bit of patience and wait. Unlike what it looks, online payments are not instant. When you click "buy" you just confirm an agreement that you will pay. The actual transaction happens later, usually in a couple of days (depends on your bank) and during bank's working hours.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately it may be a bit late in writing this but never (I.M.O.) use Steam for anything related to ESO. So many issues over the past few years with Steam.

Here is just one quick example: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/search?Search=steam+login

For some reason there are a ton of problems with Steam and ESO.

And yes, I got the "disk write errors" too but not for ESO. Not sure what happened with the game I was installing so I exited Steam, rebooted the computer, restarted Steam and the game I wanted to install installed correctly that time. Very strange indeed.

Good luck. The game is worth playing!

• thearchivist95
    Royaji wrote: »
    You should grab a bit of patience and wait. Unlike what it looks, online payments are not instant. When you click "buy" you just confirm an agreement that you will pay. The actual transaction happens later, usually in a couple of days (depends on your bank) and during bank's working hours.

Well the transaction's pending status expires soon the transaction will fail because it took so long, and the money will go back into my account by default, so I guess it'll problem solved then. I'm sure this happens to everyone though.

Good luck. The game is worth playing!

At this point, I would certainly hope so.
    Edited by thearchivist95 on May 27, 2019 3:41AM