The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Guild Finder: Received Applications almost unusable

• GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please improve this feature ASAP. I need to be able see who has been waiting the longest to get in the guild so I can accept them. It's impossible if it does not show me all the applications or at least top ones based on my preferences. If the list must be limited to 1 page, when someone is accepted the next person in line should show up on the list.
    Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vwbqv485oyn5.png

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has better luck with this functionality after today's patch. Please & thanks.
    Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh... god...

We've been getting the notification that we have "10 outstanding applications." Which, of course, we couldn't see with any consistency; sometimes we'd see none, sometimes 3, sometimes 10. And the applicants' names always changed.

We have 77 outstanding applications. What?!

Of note, @ZOS_GinaBruno - the applications are not expiring. They just sit at 0:00 to expiration.

5c5lpjt9y4td.png

Edit: the number later jumped to 125. Again, the guild hasn't been listed in the finder so... >.<
    Edited by reoskit on June 11, 2019 12:39PM
    Options
  • CynderzLite
    CynderzLite
    ✭✭✭
    I’m a NA PS4 user. My applicant list for our guild keeps disappearing and changing between a list of it looks like maybe 3 different pages not sure how you are supposed to see the full list since there is no scroll option. Also I have declined the same applicants do to them already belonging to 5 guilds and they still won’t clear from the applicant list. Is this just a problem on my account or is this happening to everyone.
    PSN ID CynderzLite GM of The Purple Gang NA PS4
    Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a NA PS4 user. My applicant list for our guild keeps disappearing and changing between a list of it looks like maybe 3 different pages not sure how you are supposed to see the full list since there is no scroll option. Also I have declined the same applicants do to them already belonging to 5 guilds and they still won’t clear from the applicant list. Is this just a problem on my account or is this happening to everyone.

@CynderzLite - You're describing what we saw on PC at Update 22 launch. Check out the OP and other notes on this thread for details.

We got some fixes today, so you may get those in the future?
    Options
  • CynderzLite
    CynderzLite
    ✭✭✭
    @reoskit thanks for the reply I read them over but it seemed like all the posts and screenshots were from PC users and I was curious if other PS4 users were having the same problems
    Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @reoskit thanks for the reply I read them over but it seemed like all the posts and screenshots were from PC users and I was curious if other PS4 users were having the same problems

Since you're describing the same UI issues we saw, it's unlikely you're the only person on PS4 experiencing it. Hopefully you guys get fixes soon.
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The fixes today are very welcome, but I'd say the list switching to a totally different list of applicants, and that it may not accept/reject the correct person when you click on them are probably two more critical bugs...
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I did a search since we got this on PS4 recently and my biggest issue/concern is this:

I am finding that I'll get the notification of an application and click on that notification. I'll accept someone, then the list sometimes reloads and there's a TON of applicants! Oh, God. So, then I start trying to work my way through the list, accept an applicant, the list reloads and now suddenly there are no applicants. The people I accept are definitely being added to the roster and those being declined definitely show as declined in guild history... but I feel like there are applications sitting in a void somewhere that - on occasion - you can see/access and accept a lucky one or two before the void consumes them once more. And when you manually go into applications afterwards, the game swears you have no outstanding applicants.

I mean, there's basically a void where some of these applicants are going that I cannot see or access - as GM, even - and I feel terrible that some awesome people may think we're stringing them along when the reality is... I CANNOT SEE YOU.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • CynderzLite
    CynderzLite
    ✭✭✭
    Just seems like something that should have been worked out before they launched it! Major pitfall!
    Options
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    I didnt read all the other answers, but I'm having some kind of glitch here too, when I apply on a guild, I can't remove the application, it says that it is not possible to remove it now, try later, but it never worked when I tried.
    Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, not to tinfoil hat, but...

The last fix for this issue, the primary one where we could finally see all the stored applications, coincided with the extreme performance issues (disappearing guild lists, friends lists, 10m chat lag, etc). The very same day - right after the patch.

Now, there are tangential mentions of the GF in the performance issues, but not as technical direct cause:
    the newly added Guild Finder tool has resulted in a ton more players in guilds. [...] this has also surfaced a nasty performance problem with guild history, that is exacerbated by user-created add-ons that constantly query it for data.
    With significantly larger guilds, and more people using these add-ons, we’ve seen a huge amount of load on the servers that can’t be solved by throwing more hardware at the problem.

I can only speak for my own guild(s) but we were already maxed at near-to 500 users. I wonder how many people joined guilds *that day* in one session of primetime (EU first, NA later that day) that it tipped the scales on performance.

I'm not saying the above isn't part of the issue. But, <grabs tinfoil> I suspect something about the fix for viewing applications was written incorrectly. Again, our visible applications on that day went from ??? to 77 then randomly to 125. That it all went to hell in one day, on the same day... It's just too coincidental for me.
    Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With everything else going on, I keep forgetting to come back here.

My Applications list has gone back to saying '10 pending' - but then I interact with one and the list grows and changes. Then it flips back to 10 pending. Then the list changes again.

I also have an application that is sitting at 00:00 til expiration. Are these supposed to go away?
    Options