Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Guild Finder: Received Applications almost unusable

Flaminir
Flaminir
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Ok, the Guild Finder functionality is in theory one of the best additions to the game in a long time, but we've found the receiving end of those applications at the guild end is a complete bug ridden mess and verging on unusable so far.

Bugs we've found:
  • List of applications isn't constant.... remove or approve an application and the previous list changes to different people.
  • When clicking accept or reject it doesn't always action that person... you often see that its added or removed an entirely different person... often one that wasn't even showing on the list of applications on the screen! This makes it totally pot luck as to whether you got the person you wanted, or you may have rejected a member you would have wanted.
  • The CP shown on the application isn't the persons account CP... its the level of the charachter they happened to be logged in on. EG: If they are on a new level 3 Necromancer, you may reject them as too low, but their account could be CP810.
  • The pre-filled response message section allows you to write a pre-defined rejection message. But when you actually reject, that message is cut in half. The actual reject box only allows half the charachters of the pre-defined msg box.
  • In the guilds 'History' section that shows who joined and who invited... it now randomly shows 'Unknown' instead of actual player names. This makes it harder to right click on their name to send welcome emails easily.
  • The 'Notification' to tell you how many applications are waiting to be reviewed is showing totally incorrect numbers.
  • The 'Minimum CP' section doesn't do anything... and doesn't prevent players below the minimum from applying.

This has created extremely long wided and manual processes, and has meant we've lost players we wanted to accept, and accepted some we didn't. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom would you be able to pass this to the appropriate team if I ask really nicely? ;)

Pretty please! :)
GM of the Unholy Legacy
EU/EP
Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen some of these glitches as well. Considering how badly the database copes with high load and network congestion in other parts of the game (bank, group finder, guild stores, mail, even a plain login at peak hours), I would suggest accepting guild applications only at times when the server is not crowded. Not a fix, but perhaps a workaround for at least some of the problems.
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have seen some of these glitches as well. Considering how badly the database copes with high load and network congestion in other parts of the game (bank, group finder, guild stores, mail, even a plain login at peak hours), I would suggest accepting guild applications only at times when the server is not crowded. Not a fix, but perhaps a workaround for at least some of the problems.

I've been using it in the early hours... 1-3am when it's been quiet. Sadly it's exactly the same 🙄
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Had a couple more people in game say they have experienced similar stuff... Fingers crossed for a fix in tomorrow's patch.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Options
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    I am experiencing the same issues as Flaminir. When I accept one, the whole list changes, sometimes I had 10 on the list but after accepting one, there is just 2 any more left. Another person sees on the list different amount of applications than me and from other people than me. Also it would be more helpfull to see the account CP..
    @ZOS_GinaBruno would you be able to pass this to the appropriate team?
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the list @Flaminir! Passed this along to the team to review, and will let you know if we need any additional info.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely agree.

For me, on the management side, the biggest problem is the fact that the list of applicants changes.

Example:

I was looking at this list:

qu1p9dw8095p.png

I accepted one of them. And then the list changed to:
    j95xag9da7t1.png

I have no way of getting back to the first list, nor to toggle between them. Perhaps there's a missing scroll bar or "Page 1 of 2" or what-have-you.

Edit: I know the 2nd image has the sort carrot on for Level... That was me, trying to see if sorting (either up or down) would bring back the other users. It did not.
    Edited by reoskit on May 28, 2019 2:34PM
    Options
  • Edenprime
    Edenprime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to be able to see accepted applications in some sort of a list. If someone else accepts an application I have no idea what was said in it.
    Guildmaster of the largest Finnish community for ESO (dragonborninc.fi), ESO-Hub contributor, co-leader of PC/EU's largest trading network, Occasional coordinator of Bethesda Nordic community events and a raider. Twitter Twitch | Youtube
    Options
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had the exact same issues. I really don't understand why the applications are limited to only show 10 at a time. Please just give us a scroll list with ALL applications so we can review and filter out the ones we want to keep when the guild is full. In addition you should change the API to use the account name instead of some local index to accept or reject candidates.

Together with allowing all applications to be accessed at once, this would allow addons to provide some advanced features like bulk rejecting applications if they don't fit some criteria. Right now it takes forever to find the few people I actually want to invite into the guild between all the ones I don't want and rejecting people is not exactly fast on the EU server. Just putting them into a queue and letting the addon handle the calls in the background would make this much smoother.
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
    Options
  • AsNied
    AsNied
    ✭✭✭
    I was wonder what happen, when second day I don't saw previous applications
    Options
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can also confirm most of these! Plus an additional two:
    • A person in 5 guilds can still apply to join another guild..
      This shouldn't be possible. Because I click to accept their application and it warns me that they can't be invited because they are in 5 guild already. So where does that leave me?
    • If I invite someone manually after their application, their application does not automatically get removed, in fact you could still reject it. Would this mean they could be removed from the guild if it was accidentally rejected?

Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
      This shouldn't be possible. Because I click to accept their application and it warns me that they can't be invited because they are in 5 guild already. So where does that leave me?
    • If I invite someone manually after their application, their application does not automatically get removed, in fact you could still reject it. Would this mean they could be removed from the guild if it was accidentally rejected?

Excellent points @Glaiceana We had those ones too... But it was quite a long list of bugs & I forgot some! 😂
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Options
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    Glaiceana wrote: »

Excellent points @Glaiceana We had those ones too... But it was quite a long list of bugs & I forgot some! 😂
    Thanks Flam, hopefully it gets sorted soon! :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
    Options
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another annoying aspect of the guild finder is that the notification for new applications pops up at random times, even when there are no new applications (the guild is full, so nobody should be able to apply, right?).
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another annoying aspect of the guild finder is that the notification for new applications pops up at random times, even when there are no new applications (the guild is full, so nobody should be able to apply, right?).

There doesn't seem to be any controls on who can apply and in what circumstances:

- Guild is set to be for players 300CP+ = Anyone can still apply
    - Guild is full and has no space = Anyone can still apply
    Edited by Flaminir on May 28, 2019 6:52PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. on joining some members in guild history are listed as "Unknown joined the guild"

2. The applicants list changes sporadically and sometimes disappears completely. When it disappears the message is there saying that the guild needs to be listed, even though it is listed. Changing character sometimes brings the applicant list back.
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah been getting applicants disappear from my list as well.

Could someone from ZOS please make an announcement somewhere to advise all players that this is bugged so it doesn't make us GMs and officers appear lazy?????
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some more observations/suggestions:

1) sometimes when you accept one application the person you accepted is not the person who is listed on the application
    2) the impact of the whole Unknown issue, or changes to an applications name, appears to be affected by whether or not the applicant is online at the time.
    3) the amount of of Applications you can view at one time is too small and needs to be increased. Some of the guilds in this game are popular and there can be more than 10 applications at a time.
    4) sorting through said applications or searching for a certain application is a long process and is hampered by the above.
    5) Please add an indicator as to whether the applicant is current;y online or not.
    6) if an application is pending and the applicant joins a 5th guild, please put something in place that will cancel all pending applications.
    7)The ability to apply to a guild seems to be linked to how many "Active" members there are in said guild. which does not correspond to actual members.
    8) As a follow up to the above, Can we either have a a definition as to what ZOS determines to be Active added to the guild screen or allow GM's to set their own terms for what activity means? for most of my guild Active means you are online once each week, not once a month, or quarter.
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild is now failing to list!

We have under 500 members, it is marked as listed. I have checked and un-checked the listing option.

I have waited 8 hours and it is still not listed.
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • Treat
    Treat
    ✭✭✭
    Please, for the love of Auri-El, let me turn off the notifications from applications.
    @Treat
    The Harbinger of Cheer!!!!!
    Ankle Biters
    Options
  • CooksWithoutARecipe
    All of the things above. I interact with one of the two applications showing and they both disappear. 10 minutes later, 7 show up. I accept one and the rest disappear. It's cumbersome to say the least.
    Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild Finder
    Fixed an issue where the Guild Finder would hide a listed guild prior to reaching maximum capacity.

--

That's all for today's maintenance, apparently. Oh well. We've removed our guilds from the GF; we'll go back to the old ways for now.

This system could be so awesome if it worked properly. I truly look forward to it.
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah we've removed ourselves from it too.
    Just way more hassle than its worth until some of the more critical bugs are fixed. 😢
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    Guild Finder
    Fixed an issue where the Guild Finder would hide a listed guild prior to reaching maximum capacity.

--

That's all for today's maintenance, apparently. Oh well. We've removed our guilds from the GF; we'll go back to the old ways for now.

This system could be so awesome if it worked properly. I truly look forward to it.

Sorry for my ignorance, but why did you remove yourself from the list?

I applied to 3 trading guilds and got accepted almost instantly. For me, this function is super useful and works great.
    Options
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Guild Finder

--

I applied to 3 trading guilds and got accepted almost instantly. For me, this function is super useful and works great.

@maboleth if you read the original post at the top it explains why.
    TLDR: The experience for someone applying to join a guild is fine, but the receiving end where the officers & guild masters have to manage all the applications & recruitment is currently not fit for purpose & sadly causing us a real headache!
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    maboleth wrote: »
    Guild Finder

--

@maboleth if you read the original post at the top it explains why.
    TLDR: The experience for someone applying to join a guild is fine, but the receiving end where the officers & guild masters have to manage all the applications & recruitment is currently not fit for purpose & sadly causing us a real headache!

Further to that, it doesn't reflect well on our guilds. We have people applying but the functionality is so unreliable/inconsistent that we are letting applications sit longer than we'd like, simply because we cannot interact with them properly. I feel quite guilty not accepting/rejecting applications in a timely fashion, but right now it's just too messy to use the GF.
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair enough guys, I hope it gets resolved soon for you.

I mainly asked this question because my applications have been approved so fast, so I was like - this function works on both ends. But seems like it does not or not all the time. Guess I was lucky.
    Edited by maboleth on June 3, 2019 3:34PM
    Options
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild is now failing to list!

We have under 500 members, it is marked as listed. I have checked and un-checked the listing option.

I have waited 8 hours and it is still not listed.

@martinhpb16_ESO -
    Before we pulled our guilds from the GF, I started seeing a note that we needed to list the guild, but other officers in the guild were still seeing applications. Maybe check with other officers in your guild?

I saw:
    t431fkk5g0j9.png

But other officers saw applications. Who knows.
    Options
  • Rushinator
    Rushinator
    ✭✭✭
    I have had to resort to this due to the buggy application system:

sd0bc9ye183o.png

The application list keeps randomly changing & I might not see someone's application till days later because of the random changes. Accepting an application might also accept the wrong person.

So until its fixed, I'll have to have people mail me directly & use an offline waitlist for new recruits.
    Edited by Rushinator on June 4, 2019 2:43AM
    Options
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anybody else still getting unknown when accepting new members.

Think I have just worked out what the problem is.

It may be possible the unknown ones are offline.

Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
    Options
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyralbin wrote: »

Could someone from ZOS please make an announcement somewhere to advise all players that this is bugged so it doesn't make us GMs and officers appear lazy?????
    Tyralbin wrote: »

We have a small guild and this keeps happening. Sometimes even as you open the notification. I would be great if ZoS could let people know it's buggy. I hate seeming rude.
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
    Options