The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dear Zos: please improve customer service

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I am on that list we don't talk about and today I realized things are still bad.

I had someone with exact same issue as get nice clean respone for game issue about pre-order but got a rude response from customer service agent and wrong answer.

But let us speak of other things,

I am come to realize other customer service agents don't fight with you.over issues. They listen to what you saying and see how they can truly help you. Technical bugs get resolved swiftly with streamlined commication and apologies. O.o like today a customer service agent cried over phone upset they couldn't figure out my issue elswhere.

zos over years what I have seen.

* Trade housing issue of vanishing items... Took 5 emails and over a week of saying that it's your fault basically before issue was escalated without another any further communication till month later where they said here's item worth 1/10 value. Nothing done for people redirected saying issue is your fault.

* Housing storage bug reported in testing
- I know people who had to fight with support for issue and some who yet to get item

* The contest issues that weren't handled for over six months

* The upspeakable issues that weren't resolved till 6 months and a lot of fighting.

* Lose mails that Haven't been resolved yet

* Mail issue before resent issue am told is my fault and technical issue resolved.

* Bugs report not be delivered and exploits in game living for over year. You know those ones you even jeere at you in forums about?

I sincerely love this game. But please I am so very tried of these issues with customer support. I do promise you I will not purchase new game reporting that you are working on or any game associated with your name because I don't trust to handle something that goes wrong. (Cough ex fallout)

Sincerely
Venting
Edited by Tasear on May 18, 2019 4:14AM
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have your money, so they care very little now.

But the amount of things they let slid is outstanding.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bhaal5 wrote: »

Yeah I just venting but seriously disgusting issue with customer service. Mind you they are only human but system is simply bad.

It's big issues Happen have a criss control plan. This should of been implemented with mail, housing storage (paided item too), and trade issues. Have a systemaic appoarch so each customer is treated with care and respect.

If you can't resolve issue have a chain of command. I often feel like zos just doesn't commicated with each other.

How about actually having a phone service to resolve issue in less then 6 months?

P.S zos and fallout worked together. Seen the news for them? I am warning you zos as a fan that it's only because it's eso that we tolerate these things. Any other game predict a fall out like fallout.

P.S
    T.T watch me have issue getting early release product on time...
    Edited by Tasear on May 18, 2019 5:36AM
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started to hate myself for my toxicity on the forums but i must ask, is anyone actualy work in support like now? I send a ticket ( 190516-005616 ) and i didn't get any response since 40h except email with info (We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 96 hours (4 days).). Like your support didn't provide anything and just want to close my case which is not cool move.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »
    I started to hate myself for my toxicity on the forums but i must ask, is anyone actualy work in support like now? I send a ticket ( 190516-005616 ) and i didn't get any response since 40h except email with info (We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 96 hours (4 days).). Like your support didn't provide anything and just want to close my case which is not cool move.

If you haven't replied to the automated response, you probably won't receive any further support. Although 99% of the time automated responses are completely irrelevant and unhelpful, they have become the norm in order to immediately close as many tickets as possible. Be patient, reply to the mail and detail your issue. In my experience, support is the one area of the game that actually works to any degree of satisfaction.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you started the ticket on friday and it is enitely reasonable for it to not get past the queue in one day. Today is saturday. Outsource customer support (or any non-commercial level customer support for that matter) tends to have weekends off.

To answer your question, yes, I do not think anyone is in the office on a saturday. But I see no reason why would it be such an unexpected thing.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on that list we don't talk about

I'm on all those lists and not just here...
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

If you haven't replied to the automated response, you probably won't receive any further support. Although 99% of the time automated responses are completely irrelevant and unhelpful, they have become the norm in order to immediately close as many tickets as possible. Be patient, reply to the mail and detail your issue. In my experience, support is the one area of the game that actually works to any degree of satisfaction.

Well the problem is automatic response send me only email with "thank you..." formula, my message in log and and information that "We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 96 hours (4 days)". Typically automatic response at least give you something from their side, not just empty email.

Royaji wrote: »

So you started the ticket on friday and it is enitely reasonable for it to not get past the queue in one day. Today is saturday. Outsource customer support (or any non-commercial level customer support for that matter) tends to have weekends off.

To answer your question, yes, I do not think anyone is in the office on a saturday. But I see no reason why would it be such an unexpected thing.

Touche but 40h from the time of my post was Thursday evening for me, for them it was around 2 pm at thursday, not Friday. I don't mind if they don't responde during weekend, that is not the point.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The game got awesome quests and story and I love exploring so much, thanks ZoS for such an awesome ga-... uuhm I am in the wrong thread? Sorry!
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget, ZOS is "killing it right now". So much so that they decided to not reinvest into the game but make a completely different game. :3
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm. I’ve contacted Customer support a couple times. Both instances were resolved very quickly.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not trying to deny your problem but I always had excellent experiences with the Support team, and I know others have too. So, it's only fair I add my opinion. These are real people with real jobs.

Not only they were helpful but also very friendly and kind (and even funny).

• Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    Don't forget, ZOS is "killing it right now". So much so that they decided to not reinvest into the game but make a completely different game. :3

Killing it
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started during closed beta and have never had a single problem with customer service during any time at all.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In the real world of global 24 hour business, not having 24 hour support is disingenuous and insane.

'People' play the game 24 hours a day, (yes, not the same people playing 24 hour stints, normally) and people have problems and issues at whatever time they're playing.

It'd be more fun to see what would happen if the Crown Store was only open for business during the same hours that fully-functional live tech support was available.
    o:)
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

In the real world of global 24 hour business, not having 24 hour support is disingenuous and insane.

'People' play the game 24 hours a day, (yes, not the same people playing 24 hour stints, normally) and people have problems and issues at whatever time they're playing.

It'd be more fun to see what would happen if the Crown Store was only open for business during the same hours that fully-functional live tech support was available.
    o:)

In the real world maintaining 24/7 support team costs money. Even Digital Extremes, arguably the company with the best customer communication and support only has support available in their working hours. It's really not financially feasible and required to provide such level of support in a videogame. In all ESO related matters you absolutely can wait 2-3 days for a reply, no one is about to die you know.

And btw, Crown Store is a fully automated system which does not require any human input. Same as those auto-replies on customer support which you will receive nearly immediately after submitting a request. Want to talk to a human? Wait till working hours. Simple.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve had numerous tickets over the years and always had a decent outcome/ response. Sometimes it’s how we approach or entreat in a situation? I haven’t seen your tickets, but taking your time to be polite is usually the best first step in a happy customer service resolution. You’d be surprised how far a ticket/ issue can be escalated when you come from a place of kindness.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    I’ve had numerous tickets over the years and always had a decent outcome/ response. Sometimes it’s how we approach or entreat in a situation? I haven’t seen your tickets, but taking your time to be polite is usually the best first step in a happy customer service resolution. You’d be surprised how far a ticket/ issue can be escalated when you come from a place of kindness.

So much this ^^^ and being clear about what the problem is and giving all necessary information. If the customer service rep can't understand exactly what the problem is, how are they supposed to help? Be clear and concise.......they don't have time to read a novel.

I have always received timely and helpful responses from CS.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the year I've been playing, I've put in four tickets. One of them I canceled because that issue was "operator error". The others were handled professionally, promptly, and kindly.

Compared to either Blizzard or Trion, ESO/ZOS are truly "customer oriented".
  • ryzen_gamer_gal
    ryzen_gamer_gal
    ✭✭✭✭

Clearly it's time to nerf CS
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was venting when I made this thread. I have since moved to happy customer again. Still I do wish they handled serious big issues better.

As such, I have beefs with customer support, because all my issues are unorthodox and simply unlucky for 90% of time. I sincerely wish they would have a better system like when you know people will be experiencing issue then create a protocol. Also escalation issues should have protocol.

Lastly I get wanting to save money, but I think everyone should get human respone in email. It frustrates me how I see so many others get confused by automated bots and waiting for nothing to happen. The auto help system should be before they ask for help or sumbit issue.

Idk I am probably more frustrated for other people with support. But again back to being happy customer after sleeping.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bhaal5 wrote: »

Love how ppl say this yet when I go to support I get help. This whole "they have your money" crap needs to stop because honestly it's a line used by those who lack a basic understanding if how running a mmo works. Now flame me, insult me at this point I'm use to it from ppl who have no actual clue.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Hiro_Kintsugi
    Hiro_Kintsugi
    ✭✭
    They don't even respond. My family members account is bugged so no one can interact with him and we all see no info on his stats but his at name. They haven't responded to this issue since the Twitch event when it happened. They have been contacted multiple times on the issue. No reply or a canned response is unacceptable. This so far is the 2nd worst customer service I have experienced ever which is really bad, since I work in a sector where I have had countless.
    Bosmer Wolfrider
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had excellent response and help from CS. I have no clue at all what y'all are on about. I've had four issues since I started playing; every one of them I ticketed. Every one of them was resolved by the CS staff in less than a day.

wow and rift should have been so good.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    😓 this was a month ago....☹️ This reminds me of lack of response from b3 ticket.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've only had to deal with customer support a couple times, but each time my issue was resolved promptly, politely, and professionally. In one case it was my F up and yet they blew me away when they were able to correct my mistake. Sorry to hear that others haven't been as lucky.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had fantastic experience every single time with customer support. Even if they cant help me with something, I always get the impression they tried their best

Mykael for example is awesome
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record this thread is a month old
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet I have had little issue with support. Let me tell you a seceret. Being rude, submitting multiple reports and expecting instant responses will not help. I learned by my interactions with zos support to be as detailed and professional al possible. Reply promptly to the automated msg you get and do so ONCE doing it more risk dropping you to the back of queue.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this the Commander Keen hype train? ZOS is gonna kill it with that title too!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I don’t know if customer service is separated for each platform but I had a very pleasant surprise yesterday.

I opened a ticket (Xbox) because my ESO Plus crowns were missing. I got a response within 15min via mail that I have to provide a proof I bought ESO Plus. I did. Some hours later I had my missing crowns.

TL;DR: ESO customer service solved my problem yesterday within 2-3 hours.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -