Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Sir, I am NOT an N'wah

Noblis01
Noblis01
✭✭✭
So, today I actually heard a customer at the local post office refer to someone as a “Milk-drinking Skeever.”
This easily identified them as ESO players.
I remember going to Balmora in “ES Morrowind” and having a Dunmer chase me yelling “You n‘wah !”
I don’t remember what I did but I was apparently doing it a lot. And then there was “Fetcher !”
And “s’wit.”
Today, I mostly hear the Nords hurling insults. Anyone care to share IN GAME insults that they have
heard from their ESO travels?
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am surprised how often I hear or read reference to 'Khajiit has wares if you have gold,' out of the game.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That doesn't necessarily mean they've played eso though. They could've just played skyrim.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    My youngest son (18yo) makes ES cracks all of the time, probably smarter on the lore and overarching storylines than anyone I've met online (even the RPers I've met) and yet has only ever played the offline games like MW and Skyrim.

He still hasn't decided to take the plunge on ESO for a variety of reasons, so I'd be willing to guess that person in OP was a Skyrim player before an ESO player just based on # of games sold and the mod scene lengthening the formers game life immensely.
  • Wyrd88
    Wyrd88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noblis01 wrote: »
    Sir, I am NOT an N'wah

But you are!

Also
    f5a995352750ad2ea10adcccc81b80d7.jpg
    Pls
    Edited by Wyrd88 on May 15, 2019 3:26AM
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    I got nostalgia when reading the "Fetcher" part,... ahh,.. the good ol' days of Morrowind.
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played a lot of Skyrim and really enjoyed the Nords back in the day but don't get into them the same way anymore because a) I don't drink booze anymore and b) I have always enjoyed milk. So I feel like I'm being personally IRL insulted around them now, lol.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol Morrowind was so funny, if you did anything to lower your personality even slightly you would just be cursed out wherever you went.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been called "guar face" and "son of a troll" by NPCs before.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww did someone steal your sweetroll.
  • Ildun
    Ildun
    ✭✭✭✭
    That doesn't necessarily mean they've played eso though. They could've just played skyrim.

I think milk-drinker skeever start from eso, i remember NPC in skyrim usually said milk-drinker.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tusk off. There's a whole book about Orc insults and curses with the word "tusk" in them.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Noblis01
    Noblis01
    ✭✭✭
    I heard an annoyed young Bosmer NPC tell someone off in Grahtwood but can't remember what. It was quit funny at the time.
    Bosmer women are always funny when they are telling someone off.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sir, I am NOT an N'wah
    b9a907c13c3725fb669d4ae6e48e097e.jpg
    :p;):lol:
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard an annoyed young Bosmer NPC tell someone off in Grahtwood but can't remember what. It was quit funny at the time.

If its the one Im thinking of, her insult directed at the Altmer tourist is best Ive heard in the game so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORViS6xtRP0

Another one good at hurling insults is Abnur Tharn, I still laugh when I hear him call out 'Mannimarco! You ignominious corpse herder!'

If I hadn't already picked out a name for my necromancer, I might have chosen Ignominious CorpseHerder just for fun :)
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sgo595vt30b11.jpg?width=446&auto=webp&s=122ae7948736260081bd8fab8f6ecbd34e73ae2c
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not quite an insult, but...

Recently, it was my wife's birthday. She is pretty skilled with a camera, an enjoys photography alot, but her camera had died. Started a friend-funding campaign in secret (I had openly suggested the idea, but she said "nah, people won't care, that's useless") to get her some top notch new gear. We collected enough, of course (because "people won't care" was bulldung, they're friend, you s'wit !) so she got a sweet new reflex.

And pretty much everyone involved (that's over 20 persons) posted on her facebook "Khajiit is innocent of this crime !"

She cried, I laughed :P
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    Tusk off. There's a whole book about Orc insults and curses with the word "tusk" in them.

Yeah, this one is amazing and I legit laughed my arse off reading it :D
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not an insult, but...

" you like to dance close to the fire, don't yee"... said in a gruff Scots accent... Oh Morrowind, them were the days.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn’t n’wah just mean foreigner?
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, today I actually heard a customer at the local post office refer to someone as a “Milk-drinking Skeever.”
    This easily identified them as ESO players.
    I remember going to Balmora in “ES Morrowind” and having a Dunmer chase me yelling “You n‘wah !”
    I don’t remember what I did but I was apparently doing it a lot. And then there was “Fetcher !”
    And “s’wit.”
    Today, I mostly hear the Nords hurling insults. Anyone care to share IN GAME insults that they have
    heard from their ESO travels?

So the crucial part here is whether you muttered "s'wit" at that person as they walked past you...
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not an ESO term...but a gaming one nonetheless that has become part of “Normal” language...
    About 8 years ago my niece was playing Volleyball and after the game she was complaining about one of her teammates...
    I nearly died laughing when my 10 yr old niece said...

Omg...She is Such a n00b!!!!
    My niece is the furthest away from being a gamer as you can get...when I asked when she heard the term...it’s just what everyone says....lol
  • Noblis01
    Noblis01
    ✭✭✭
    Vulsahdaal wrote: »

If its the one Im thinking of, her insult directed at the Altmer tourist is best Ive heard in the game so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORViS6xtRP0

Another one good at hurling insults is Abnur Tharn, I still laugh when I hear him call out 'Mannimarco! You ignominious corpse herder!'

If I hadn't already picked out a name for my necromancer, I might have chosen Ignominious CorpseHerder just for fun :)

It was not the one I heard but this was very funny. This made my day.
    I love Bosmer females. They let you know how they really feel. Hehe
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N’wah World Order 4 Lyfe 5ever
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skeeving Horker!

I think this is what Lyris calls Abnur Tharn several times.