The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Have the combat bug? Can't get around Cyrodiil? Do this!

JohunBleek
JohunBleek
✭✭✭
Slot rapids! You'll be able to get around much faster.......oh.

Maybe clear out some of those rewards for the worthy! A great thing to do while waiting to be out of combat.....oh.

Equip that jailbreaker set I know you have for a little extra speed.....oh.

Use a keep recall stone to just teleport to a keep from almost anywhere....oh.

Well maybe it's time for a PVP break, just use /stuck to teleport to a wayshrine and get back into PVE....oh.

Yea just go outside or something.
Unless you wanna spend the next 10 minutes walking to a fight that's already over by the time your slow self gets there.
Best NB NA
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Read War and Peace!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant use keep recall stones in combat.

Any more, I run steeds and swift, and/or find a cliff to jump off. It's a running joke in my group that I'm always in combat. Lead the group for a little bit tonight, and they all got stuck in combat.
    Edited by technohic on May 15, 2019 3:30AM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Find a nearby tower bumper/zerg/ganker/etc. and suicide to them. It’s the only sure fire away to fix it, in my experience.

Edit: ZOS is offended by the word hu.mper, apparently.
    Edited by Marcus684 on May 15, 2019 4:07AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cannot chek your mail while in combat
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the end, what did it for me wasn't the bugs, per say. If the dev was as passionate as the players who have stuck around since launch, I'd still want to support them.

What's worse than the bugs is how ZOS practically struts in the midst of them.

Last year, the postern wall bug was indisputably major, but ZOS did not even acknowledge it for weeks (possibly months) and it was not addressed for months.

Then we had Gina joking about lag in patch notes.

Then a new ZOS senior dev admits they don't really care about "wonky" issues that only affect enthusiasts.

As AvA rots, ZOS is "killing it," according to Matt Firor.

These guys are SO over us and have been for years.

I'm 100x more entertained by Rust videos than I am by playing ESO now. Facepunch Studios continues to add cool new things to Rust, a game I paid $20 for in 2013. For example, recently they added a robust Electricity System, Hot Air Balloons, and a Cargo Ship.

They have actively promoted community creations and explained design decisions in detailed blogs for years.

Contrast to ZOS who has been sitting on Spell Crafting for 4 years while their infrastructure and client development work goes towards expanding the Crown Store so they can sell us even more crap.

Edited by zyk on May 15, 2019 5:50AM
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    As AvA rots, ZOS is "killing it," according to Matt Firor.
    And by "it" he means .... AvA? I mean, isn't the pre-hype to Elswhere actually telling us Abnur Tharn wants to end the three banner war?

1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I think that's his point.

Everyone struggles with this one and noone has any clear answers. Pita...
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »

There is an answer, an easy one. Let players mount while in combat in cyrodiil.

Not being able to mount in combat is a pve thing. It has no place in pvp.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

And teleport pls
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice

Made me smile :-)

Actually running a video on the side... you know to keep me busy during combat bug and loading screens
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Mmm, actually I'd say not being able to mount in combat has a place in Cyrodiil when its working as designed.

Its a major part of Scroll runs, for both the capturing team and the pursuers. And even for regular fights, it prevents people from mounting up to get away (speed at the expense of extreme vulnerability). Changing that would create a cascade of changes in terms of Cyrodiil tactics, especially for Scroll runs and organized raids.

Now, stuck in combat is definitely making it not work as designed.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know it’s sad when the devs are so incompetent they even said they’re not going to fix the bug but they know it’s there.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So I've been living in IC lately and I've noticed one of the biggest contributing factors to getting stuck in combat is guards. Something with their aggro keeps you in combat for 15+ minutes at a time. Even after killing them sometimes. Like, an example, the other night I ran past a flag (I was pretty far from it but somehow still aggro'd it), and spent the next 20 minutes in combat. Even after I had circled back around and killed those same guards they still kept me in combat.

I'm really curious to know if they're also one of the bigger issues in Cyrodiil too. I assume they are. That being said, I know they're not the only cause, but when I think back to all the times I've been stuck in combat (which is pretty much all the time since I'm a magden), it's usually been after I've taken a resource, or after a resource has been flipped back on me and a guard aggros on me, etc. etc. Needing to keep up netch + HoTs seems to further the issue, but I really am starting to think one of the biggest causes roots back to guards...
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Its caused by engaging in combat and one of you pulls off. Often times it's a NB failed gank or someone in a zerg or ball group when I realize it's not a good fight and pull out. Then, you can exit and reenter combat whenever they do.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Its caused by engaging in combat and one of you pulls off. Often times it's a NB failed gank or someone in a zerg or ball group when I realize it's not a good fight and pull out. Then, you can exit and reenter combat whenever they do.
    thats like saying running away from mobbs or monsters keeps you in combat and that simply is not true.
    everyone allways says we nightblades can enter or exit fighting when we decide to and unfortunately that is false, we remain stuck in combat just like the rest of you.
    and if you use any one the long list of tools that bring us out of stealth or even stand to close to us we will be easily brought out of stealth and killed.
    its a common theme and falsehood here on the forums claiming that we "can control when combat ends"
    if we do manage to escape is all that happened, and that can be done by all the classes with bolt escape and shields, or mass heals, or wings.

Edited by Gilvoth on May 15, 2019 11:14PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DisgracefulMind ...haven't been to IC in a while...was planning on parking a bunch of toons there once IC splits off from cyrodiil...

no doubt getting stuck in combat in one of the districts would definitely be worse than in cyrodiil...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well, I've thought that, and it is to an extent, but it's worse with guards for some reason, was my point.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    @DisgracefulMind ...haven't been to IC in a while...was planning on parking a bunch of toons there once IC splits off from cyrodiil...

no doubt getting stuck in combat in one of the districts would definitely be worse than in cyrodiil...

It's horrible, honestly, and nothing will bring you out until the game decides you can be. I've tried a lot of ways, and nothing worked but me waiting for 15+ minutes xD
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I know I'm genuinely not being pursued, I find a hiding place and /reloadui. Can also feed the slaughterfish if that's more convenient.

It really ought to be a hard rule that if you haven't received or caused damage in say 10 seconds (to something that's still alive), and you haven't healed someone who has, than you're 100% not in combat. Throw out all the other checks.

Edited by Mudcrabber on May 16, 2019 1:05AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    thats like saying running away from mobbs or monsters keeps you in combat and that simply is not true.
    everyone allways says we nightblades can enter or exit fighting when we decide to and unfortunately that is false, we remain stuck in combat just like the rest of you.
    and if you use any one the long list of tools that bring us out of stealth or even stand to close to us we will be easily brought out of stealth and killed.
    its a common theme and falsehood here on the forums claiming that we "can control when combat ends"
    if we do manage to escape is all that happened, and that can be done by all the classes with bolt escape and shields, or mass heals, or wings.

What are you even on about? I was just saying once you are in combat with someone you are going to be until 1 of you dies. NB is just a common occurrence of that. It doesn't mean its all about NBs so we dont need to turn everything into that.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What are you even on about? I was just saying once you are in combat with someone you are going to be until 1 of you dies. .
    and i showed how that is just not true statement, just the same way its blaming the mobbs when you run by them and they chase you, you do not remain in combat when you loose agro with them, and the same thing with fighting nightblades or anyone.
    your statement just isnt true.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In "defense" of ZOS, I've been playing a lot of Mordhau lately (great fun btw and cost about $30) but that game functions like *** on any ping over about 80 and its on a much smaller scale with a lot less calculations going. I can PvP in ESO up to 300 ping. Im honestly surprised ESO runs at all sometimes. Granted the difference between Zeni and whatever small company runs Mordhau is a factor. And it is possible to get low latency with Mordhau like 25-30. With ESO most of us would kill for a steady 90-100. Even 150.
    Edited by Vapirko on May 16, 2019 5:03AM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is anyone downplaying this indisputably severe bug?

Unless you have new information to add, the stuck in combat bug is not comparable to what happens with NPCs. My wardens used to get stuck in combat occasionally for a few *moments* in PVE, but that does not compare at all to what players in Cyrodiil typically complain about.

I doubt anyone here can clearly define the exact mechanics of the stuck in combat bug, but characters who escape from fights contribute to it, certainly. The classes most likely to do that are Nightblade and Sorc, of course.

In my experience, it's usually an organized kiting group that gets me stuck in combat. They drop camps indefinitely without wiping and I think by healing each other they share agro lists. I've had agro from ball groups stick to me for more than 30 minutes before -- while stuck at my gate unable to transit.

The characters most likely to be stuck in combat are healers.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What are you even on about? I was just saying once you are in combat with someone you are going to be until 1 of you dies. .
    and i showed how that is just not true statement, just the same way its blaming the mobbs when you run by them and they chase you, you do not remain in combat when you loose agro with them, and the same thing with fighting nightblades or anyone.
    your statement just isnt true.

It's a bug. It definitely happens.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuck in Combat: Unfortunately while ZOS has engineers working on this issue, it’s there and it’s going to be there until they get a handle on the issue. This prompted frustration and contention. ZOS made it clear they do not want to implement “band-aid” fixes and that the in-combat state was a core feature necessary for numerous combat systems. They indicated that they suffer the same bug and are also frustrated with it.

After some pressing, it became clear that getting passionate over the issue is not going to alleviate the situation, fix the bug, or prompt useful discussion. That being said, there are some things that ZOS indicated they are agreeable with to make it such that this super frustrating bug isn’t so destructive. One thing they specifically mentioned was they saw no reason why being in combat ought to prevent the use of the transitus wayshrines. Another possibility that perhaps can be explored is at least being able to change quickslots. I know this is not what anyone was looking for, but it is what it is and if you’re going to play Cyrodiil next update, then I highly suggest you channel your frustrations into useful suggestions that can make PvP playable while being stuck in combat as ZOS indicated that is something that they can do.

January 30. We’ll get something with Update 23 maybe.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Unless you have new information to add, the stuck in combat bug is not comparable to what happens with NPCs. My wardens used to get stuck in combat occasionally for a few *moments* in PVE, but that does not compare at all to what players in Cyrodiil typically complain about.

I doubt anyone here can clearly define the exact mechanics of the stuck in combat bug, but characters who escape from fights contribute to it, certainly. The classes most likely to do that are Nightblade and Sorc, of course.

In my experience, it's usually an organized kiting group that gets me stuck in combat. They drop camps indefinitely without wiping and I think by healing each other they share agro lists. I've had agro from ball groups stick to me for more than 30 minutes before -- while stuck at my gate unable to transit.

There was an update.

Zos posted that players should focus on other things. You can read it in the class rep notes from Gina.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There was an update.

Zos posted that players should focus on other things. You can read it in the class rep notes from Gina.

Which class rep notes? I only see them from February where they were talking about allowing transit shrines.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    While not a sure fire method anymore if stuck in combat try to open up the crown store/crates. A few times if need be, this usually brings me out of combat.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    9/10 times suicide clears in-combat. I've only had it not work once.

Slot ravage health pots, jump off of keeps.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub