The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadowy Disguise

• lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Fair enough @khajiitNPC . I'm certainly too new to think I'm an expert at this point, but I am always a fan if seeing the proof of things. Maybe I'm not playing against tough enough competition yet, so entirely likely my perspective is off due to that.

I get wanting to beat ZOS to the punch in a sense, but still think the final live version needs to play out for awhile before a doomsday scenario should be worried about. Lots of things seem to be changing and frankly, I'm more worried Bout the silence being added to incapable than I am other NB changes.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [edited to remove baiting commentary]
    @lukoi

I don’t really think the Incap silence is much to worry about outside 1v1 and even then you’d invest more into break free and roll dodge (for cp stuff) and more stamina for non-cp.
    Edited by ZOS_RikardD on May 15, 2019 6:26PM
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    @khajiitNPC its more the current perception of it that's permeating the boards that I think will end up creating discord within the community, vice its actual, objective impact tbh.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lukoi I think the patch following Elsweyr they are going to look into class passives. So who knows how much things will change. But I welcome them. I love when things get shaken up. I can see where some people would dislike any sort of change because familiarity is good place to call home. I just feel like things have grown kinda stagnant. Also keep in mind (if you don’t already) the messageboards are always full of doom and gloom and represent a very minuscule portion of the game’s population.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Just like almost every online game I've played since the mid nineties :)
  • david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its amaze me everytime nb claim that cloak is fine since you can counter it if you build your toon for the sole purpose to counter it...

I am a bit exagerating but claiming thats fine bcuz there is pots kinda bugs me. Potions are a huge power in this game and saving a pot cd just to counter cloak escape is a bit much too me.

Sloting magelight on a stam toon is a bit too much too. If every class had a class ability forcing me to slot a counter especialy for them Id be left with 3 skills of my choice on my bars.

AoE works vs scrub. Im a srub NB and I cant remember the last time someone took me out of my cloak with an AoE.

I also most magnb defending cloak claiming it has counter are usualy the same asking for DK wings nerf saying they ahould have to adjust their backbar weapon to counter it.

Im a main stamnb for PvP and petless sorc for PvE but I guess you'll say its not true, cuz I think cloak is over the top.

P.S. I am full aware that I would be meta swaping roles on my 2 mains.
    Edited by david_m_18b16_ESO on May 15, 2019 7:52AM
  • david_m_18b16_ESO
    david_m_18b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    And if you’re a NB whether mag or stam that can’t consistantly (does not mean always) reset a fight with cloak or get away at 99 percent of time, then you’re just a crap NB.

Some are really good at it, last night we were 3 chasing one, he poped speed pot and cloak early. I poped magelight and all 3 of us spammed AoE,

He managed to slip away.

He knew he couldnt kill all 3 so he escaped early and probably shifted direction as soon as he was invis.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let's nerf a skill because new and inexperienced players can't counter it.

Let's nerf a skill because only a small percentage of the population wants to slot/use available counters.

This thread is moot for now as you will need to wait until next year since this class balance pass had concluded.
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

We have had to remove a number of comments for baiting or otherwise nonconstructive or off-topic commentary.

Please keep in mind our Community Rules when posting and remember to keep comments constructive and civil.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't used shadowy disguise in a long time...

Can someone tell me if you still get the 100% crit on your next attack if you get knocked out of invis?
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    I haven't used shadowy disguise in a long time...

Can someone tell me if you still get the 100% crit on your next attack if you get knocked out of invis?

Yes, you get the crit for 3 seconds after using shadowy disguise no matter what.
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    OP is stamblade. Cloak is not OP, it's the combination of cloak/medium armor passives and dodge troll.

Try escaping as a (melee) magblade with all the aoe's and snares.

Always when an NB asks for nerfs of their own class skills, it's a stamNB. Not everyone runs stamina in medium or heavy.

Ye, but OP simply gave an idea, maybe he wanted our help to adjust the idea. As you said correctly the problem is the combination of medium/heavy armor + roll + cloak. In order to avoid a MAG nb nerf, cloak cost should be tied to amount of light armor you're wearing. So increase cloak cost, but decrease it for every light piece equipped...or give it the streak treatment, but only if you're wearing 5+ medium or 5+ heavy pieces.

Other solutions: no more DoT suppression or keep DoT suppression but don't let them heal while using cloak.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't you hear? With Elsweyr ZOS is already deleting the NB from the game.
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    This whole thread strikes my as disingenuous but I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt here. So what do we get for all these nerf ideas? Increase costs,d o we get a self heal? Remove dot suppression, do we get and active class shield? For the average player, what exchange is made to improve nightblade survivability if you want to nerf cloak?

Everyone goes on about good nightblades who can kite and survive and run around all day being OP with cloak, but not everyone can do that well. Probably a fraction of the PVP population is OP with cloak, but you all want to nerf it, and dragon wings and everything else for the fraction of people who are hard to kill, 1v1.

Does that make any sense?