The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do People that main pet bet actually consider themselves good?

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Petsorcs are weak. They’re only good against pure single target builds, so they shouldn’t be an issue for anyone except Stamblades.

A lone pet sorc can be dealt with. Stacked premade pet sorc groups against solo queued random groups? Different story. If pet sorcs weren’t effective in the right group’s hands, they wouldn’t be so ubiquitous right now.

Stacked premade anything against solo queued randoms will have exactly the same result. Nothing to do with pets.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Petsorcs are weak. They’re only good against pure single target builds, so they shouldn’t be an issue for anyone except Stamblades.

A lone pet sorc can be dealt with. Stacked premade pet sorc groups against solo queued random groups? Different story. If pet sorcs weren’t effective in the right group’s hands, they wouldn’t be so ubiquitous right now.

Stacked premade anything against solo queued randoms will have exactly the same result. Nothing to do with pets.

Not necessarily. Some premades are better than others, and some premades can be defeated by competent randoms, so long as everyone sticks together and focuses priority targets. Pet premades are carried by their meatshields almost every time because they are so effective at passively shutting down focused fire.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturnana wrote: »
    No need to be passive agressive about how other people enjoy the game.
    If you don't like pets, then don't use them - like me.
    But don't make people feel bad about choosing a valid play-style.

I totally agree with @Saturnana. There is no need for you to attack other players that are enjoying the game the way they want to play it.

• MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stop trying to split the community and let people play however they want. Stop being so self entitled, and expecting people to play to your strength instead of theirs. Stop whining altogether. Nobody cares if a zerg, or someone using something deemed OP beat you in PvP.

8d0c04b606c49546.jpg
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear Grylls for president.

Of Tamriel.
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and people who cannot play for ***.

The only pet sorcs who can nab me in PVP are people who could also do it naked wielding a featherduster and a tea kettle.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had a match against a premade of two sorcs, both running two pets, attro, and engine guardian, and two werewolves, with two wolves each, and they were both wearing engine guardian as well.

It was a nightmare.
    Couldn't target a player for ***.
    And the lag was unreal.

It was basically 4v4v16

That seem right to anyone else?
    Edited by Kel on May 22, 2019 11:20PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Taco Bell is the best Mexican in town.
    Change my mind.
    @ChunkyCat
    Taco Bell is as much Mexican food as Wienerschnitzel is German food.
    Have you ever seen a Mexican eat at Taco Bell? No? Me neither ...
    rolleyes.gif
    You must not go to taco bell very often then

That is correct, because around here, we have plenty of real Mexican food places ...
    chowtime.gif

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like a friend of mine said, if the class has it in its kit, whats wrong with using it.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drama much

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    Just had a match against a premade of two sorcs, both running two pets, attro, and engine guardian, and two werewolves, with two wolves each, and they were both wearing engine guardian as well.

It was a nightmare.
    Couldn't target a player for ***.
    And the lag was unreal.

It was basically 4v4v16

That seem right to anyone else?

But only class abilities should proc EG? Do WW abilities proc EG?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Taco Bell is the best Mexican in town.

Change my mind.

Glad i don't live in your town!
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While admittedly I have been running a pet sorc while my magblade struggles, I only use the matriarch. The reason for this, in case you forgot, is ZOS absolutely gutted healing ward. If you use healing ward without a blackrose resto..well, I am sorry for you at the moment. I agree that something needs to be done with targeting during the “zoo meta’ but if you make matriarch untargettable your buffing sorcs even more as their Achilles heal is...wait for it...to kill their pet. You mention aoes which someone pointed out, have no aoe cap, if you have a stack of sorcs and are blasting aoe in them and pets, you’re getting huge value while they’re probably struggling to manage resources and shields. Keep the dots rolling and switch when pets get low. If you have a sorc with no matriarch target switch him and drop him, he has terrible heals and only shields. Have someone run thurvo for defile and maim..there’s so many counters you just refuse to try them because your one single target build can’t do much against them is what I’m thinking.

Again, I am a day 1 magblade but due to the healing ward nerf I have been running sorc and pigeonholed to a matriarch to survive. Revert that change and I’ll gladly drop my pet. (Which frees up two ability slots because we have to double bar by the way)
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on May 23, 2019 12:20PM
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An aimlock would solve the problem of the pets
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »

Better yet, dealing damage to a pet should damage the player controlling the pet for 25% of the damage done PER PET. That way, pet stackers with up to four pets active each don’t get free mitigation without having to sacrifice damage.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I

Better yet, dealing damage to a pet should damage the player controlling the pet for 25% of the damage done PER PET. That way, pet stackers with up to four pets active each don’t get free mitigation without having to sacrifice damage.

Lol as long as that 25% is mitigated from the player that’s an ok change. Otherwise whack.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I

Lol as long as that 25% is mitigated from the player that’s an ok change. Otherwise whack.

Obviously. The idea is to discourage pet stacking. Pets currently function as a free damage shield, providing up to 100% free mitigation from single target attacks. Non-pet builds can only achieve high mitigation through armor sets. Presently, pet sorcs (especially those who run in premade groups to maximize their free mitigation) can run pure damage sets while essentially being tanks, because no one can hit them with single target burst abilities — just weaker AOEs. No one should be able to do that. I’m okay with pets providing free mitigation, but only so long as there are diminishing returns. Pet stacking will continue if nothing is done to limit the amount of free mitigation provided by this strategy.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I do consider myself good, my matriarch and I are the best