The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Hello I need technical help.

Nocturnalfox
Nocturnalfox
✭✭✭
I had an old steam account that I Requested closed down (too many games, was becoming a nightmare to look after), and that account was linked to my ESO game.
The problem is now I Started over on steam it is still linked to my old account and I can not unlink it.

I also can not raise a ticket via the support website because litereally the only button that does not seem to work is the "log in" button.
Everything else works fine though (And I can still play the game via the ESO launcher) but if I try to play it via steam it asks to link and wont do it because "its already linked"

The reason I am going through all of this instead of just starting anew is because my ESO account has been around since ESO came out.
And I do not wish to part with it nor play on two seperate accounts.

I stopped playing a couple of years ago and saw my sub was still ticking over recently (since originally it was a sub game) and decided to give it another go.
This is disappointing at the moment.

Vasiliya Vet 8 DK -NA DC-
Normally found grinding, arguing or charging with a Battle Axe all round Cyrodiil
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’ll for sure need an Online Support ticket to get your ESO account unlinked from your old Steam account, @Nocturnalfox.

Have you tried a different browser to log a ticket?

If you’re successful, be sure to post the ticket number in your thread here ...
  • Nocturnalfox
    Nocturnalfox
    ✭✭✭
    You’ll for sure need an Online Support ticket to get your ESO account unlinked from your old Steam account, @Nocturnalfox.

Have you tried a different browser to log a ticket?

If you’re successful, be sure to post the ticket number in your thread here ...

I got through on Edge just now, just chrome it does not work.
    The ticket code I got is: 190508-003032
    Normally found grinding, arguing or charging with a Battle Axe all round Cyrodiil
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, try to get your ESO account unlinked from Steam completely. Steam has had some nagging extended issues with logging in.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nocturnalfox
    Nocturnalfox
    ✭✭✭
    I would but I bought the morrowind part on this steam, so I think I need to link it to my imperial edition to get it.

At the moment however I Can not play it because of this issue, I can not even launch the game from steam with my log on PepeHands...

My ticket is still there, ignore next comment.
    Edited by Nocturnalfox on May 9, 2019 3:40PM
  • Nocturnalfox
    Nocturnalfox
    ✭✭✭
    The staff refused citing "security reasons" but not specifying any, even though that account no longer exists.
    What is the course to push now?

And frankly I don't believe them, its not a security issue because clearly im using the associated ESO account.
    I also wish to complain.
    How can you allow people to link with no scope to unlink...

• Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The staff refused citing "security reasons" but not specifying any

When youy work tech and customer support, you never specify the security reasons. Listing them could potentially lead to someone using them.

In that case, I can think of a few things. Could be that you got hold of an account that wasn't your in the first place, but not the Steam account that goes with it, so they don't want to give you control over something stolen. Same situation happens when you buy an accont from a player, and then they try to get it back. ZOS has no control over Steam accounts, so they can't even make sure your Steam account doesn't exist anymore. Or that it was yours in the first place.

So basically, even if you're legit, they can't be sure of it, and won't take the risk of "stealing" a legit account from someone else.

That's for the security reason. Now there is the business reason too. Several times now people have asked to play without Steamn, even if they did purchase on Steam. Steam is a mess when it comes to ESO. Every now and then, Steam users will be prevented from longin at all. Never did we have an official answer. Officially, linking your ESO and Steam account is "a feature", but one that cannot be reverted. Truly, I suspect that part of the commercial accords between ZOS and Steam include that they should not allow to unlink. That would mean people could buy addons and the link out of Steam, and they surely don't want that.

For the Steam crowd, there IS a way to play without Steam, but it's not free, as it involves re-purchasing the base game from your ESO account page while logged in there through Steam. Not sure how that would work for you since you no longer have a Steam account, though, but maybe there is some workaround.

Good luck, mate.