The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

GROUP FINDER/BGS/DUNGEONS QUEUE ISSUES thread

valkyrie93
valkyrie93
✭✭✭✭✭
This is in regards to the queuing issue, where you queue for either BGs or dungeons and repeatedly get the message 'Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue' when you press F to accept. This happens over and over again for up to an hour before you give up.

From what I understand this mainly affects PC EU (correct me if i'm wrong) and is usually during prime time hours.

I saw a comment in another thread about how one of the reasons this topic doesn't get addressed by zos (or is low priority to fix) is because there isn't enough pressure put on by us about it.

I've already complained on the forums about this in the last 6 months a couple of times, but maybe it's time for one single thread to document how often this affects people. I couldn't find an existing one unfortunately.

It's not like it'll be a realistic number because most players don't even post on the forums, but it'll give an idea at least.

Now I'm not one to throw around the word 'unplayable' - but this bug truly makes the game unplayable for me on some nights. BGs is one of the things I enjoy the most in the game, sometimes solo but usually with 1 or 2 other players queuing together. The fact that last week I spent 3 nights playing other games simply because the feature I wanted to access in eso, my main game, didn't work is just unacceptable. Not to mention this bug has been present since BGs was added to the game. I can't really comment on the state of the gf tool/queue prior to that as I joined in March 2017 and was p much a noob then.

It's not enough that it works sometimes (that message still appears about 5 times before getting a BG lol. on the nights that it WORKS) We can't just sweep it under the rug when it 'works' for a couple nights because it's inevitably going to happen again. it needs to be properly fixed...

TL;DR decided to create a main thread for people to document how often the group finder issue happens

If you have had any experiences like the above in the past/recently, comment below
Edited by valkyrie93 on May 6, 2019 12:09PM
PC EU
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, battlegrounds never work in the evening (prime time). Waiting 1 hour + and then quitting the game. ZOS wont fix it, we told them millions of Times. They dont do anything about this.... My hopes are lost.....
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BG ques have been atrocious since launch. The people around for morrowind launch went 4+ months with group que non existent and solo was spotty at best waiting 30+ minutes for a game. The system has actually regressed and is reminiscent of the launch system in terms of reliability. It’s a huge issue that ZOS seems to not really care about.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep. The solution to all this? Stop giving them money for a game that doesn't properly function. It's that simple, but apparently people don't care enough to stop handing them permission to continue half-assing the game like this on a silver platter. Until people stop giving them money, all of the above will continue to be a problem and will likely get worse.
    Edited by jcm2606 on May 6, 2019 12:27PM
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pressing F over and over and over and over and over and over......and over.....again....

....Is not fun. Please fix this.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While the Activity Finder’s failings are a pain for dungeons and pledges, they are a game breaker for Battlegrounds.

I have NEVER been able to get into BGs on the EU server at any time approaching regular game hours (say 3pm GMT - 10pm GMT). It’s a massive disincentive to even queueing for a BG.

Clearly ZOS know about it. Clearly they don’t care enough about it to do anything.

Not least because they can’t fix it for crowns and it’s not an issue on the NA server.
  • Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cążki wrote: »
    ZOS this is crazy so literally you mised EU players...

PC_EU Activity Finder for me broken atm again Sunday wanted to play with friends but cant, atm ~30min of clicing " f button".
    also:
    guildstores laggy as turtle
    999+ ping runing around.
    cyro queue...

RESULTS :
    Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.
    Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.Someone declined the invite. You were placed at the front of the queue.

yesterday was like every time
    Edited by Cążki on May 6, 2019 1:54PM
    Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

• Necoy
    Necoy
    This has been an issue for several months now, impacting ALL players on the EU PC Mega Server.

Can we please get an official response on this topic, as the additional ZOS DC infrastructure clearly has not fixed this ongoing issue?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    @ZOS_KaiSchober
    @ZOS_BillE
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_GaryA

Q: TL;DR decided to create a main thread for people to document how often the group finder issue happens
    A: DAILY
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, it affects both PC servers during prime time when the queue is most heavily used. It may affect EU a little more since Zos is still trying to get that server up to par with the player load.
    Gnozo wrote: »
    For me, battlegrounds never work in the evening (prime time).

To this, the issue began when BGs were added to the game. It appears both dungeon and BG GF are using the same service to form the respective groups. Services tend to kick things out when they get overloaded and that is what is happening.

Zos did finally acknowledge there was still an issue after almost a year of us telling them GF was still broken.
    Necoy wrote: »
    This has been an issue for several months now, impacting ALL players on the EU PC Mega Server.

Can we please get an official response on this topic, as the additional ZOS DC infrastructure clearly has not fixed this ongoing issue?DAILY

This issue has been going on for close to 2 years now. Not several months. Further, Zos did give us an official answer on the subject of this thread. I linked it below. It is as official as it gets.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448458/undaunted-celebration-event-follow-up/p1

Further, it seems tagging Zos personnel in a thread is pointless as they were tagged in many threads about the GF still being broken after the "fix" was attempted and they still acted like they did not know it was not fixed. Or they blatantly lied. I cannot say for sure which is the case.

In the end this thread will die out fast without Zos doing a thing as the thousand other threads created on the subject have done.
    Edited by idk on May 8, 2019 3:22PM
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump for exposure. Still not working. Still not addressed or acknowledged.
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been happening since launch. You should just get over it like the rest of us did. It's never going to be fixed
  • WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭
    K
    I
    L
    L
    I
    N
    G
    I
    T
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Waiting for Respones

the question is is that for the guild store of for ZOS

Hell I'm taking bets on any task we set (ZOS or the server hamsters) wont get done before any of us die of old age!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Necoy
    Necoy
    idk wrote: »
    Further, Zos did give us an official answer on the subject of this thread. I linked it below. It is as official as it gets.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448458/undaunted-celebration-event-follow-up/p1

Thank you for posting that reference. I've seen it before, but clearly what was promised by ZOS (Additionally, we will not hold another in-game event that requires the Activity Finder until we are 100% confident that the tool can support it.) has NOT been fullfilled (activity finder failing when required to receive Anniversary boxes from Battlegrouns / Pledges). Since ZOS already made this statement, they should at the very least acknowledge the Activity Finder is still broken, and give us a progress update with a plan on how/when to fix.
    idk wrote: »
    Further, it seems tagging Zos personnel in a thread is pointless as they were tagged in many threads about the GF still being broken after the "fix" was attempted and they still acted like they did not know it was not fixed. Or they blatantly lied. I cannot say for sure which is the case.

The OP's goal was for this thread to serve as a main thread, I deemed it worthwile to attempt to raise awareness on ZOS's side on behalf of the community in other posts.

• Necoy
    Necoy
    todokete wrote: »
    Been happening since launch. You should just get over it like the rest of us did. It's never going to be fixed

I haven't been playing since launch, only since early this year. ZOS is shooting themselve in the foot. They promote the game with Free to Play weekends; New players log on, Zone chat gets flooded with 'why can I not queue / why do people keep declining groups" questions and frustrations.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait til the timer reaches under 30 seconds and try. We've had good luck.
  • Necoy
    Necoy
    Added the ZOS post that stated "We've been working very hard on prepping additional server hardware to accommodate our burgeoning player base, especially in the EU - and I'm very happy to say that we've done it much faster than anticipated. We are wrapping up the work, and will have the additional capacity online for PC EU players before the upcoming Easter holiday weekend."
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5982531#Comment_5982531

Again, we can conlcude this did not resolve the issues around the Activity Finder
    Edited by Necoy on May 9, 2019 3:47PM
  • Steel-256
    Steel-256
    ✭✭✭
    Got in a battleground today, May 9th...and well it didn't find anymore players. Just sat there waiting and then decided to bail.. After I got out of it was going to re-que but had a 19 minute que delay for leaving the match. This is so stupid. The que system is not working and needs immediate attention, doesn't need to wait several weeks or even days. It needs to be fixed ASAP, people can't que for things. SO STUPID!
    STEEL PURE MAN
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today was a new one... I queued for specific dungeon today and it put me into one that I never chose as if it was random dungeon... :(
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    Pressing F over and over and over and over and over and over......and over.....again....

....Is not fun. Please fix this.

Try this: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1754-LFGAutoAccept.html
    PC EU - DC only
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Porting to another zone while in queue causes me to land on the login screen. Happens this to anyone too?
    PC EU - DC only
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump for exposure. Still not working. Still not addressed or acknowledged.

The problem has been acknowledged. The link is provided above. However, Zos has chosen to not communicate an update on the issue in about 5 months since they acknowledged it.
    '
    It would seem they have this as a very low priority as long as they do not require it's use in an event. This is really pathetic and is a direct reflection to the priorities MattF has for his team.
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valkyrie93 wrote: »

From what I understand this mainly affects PC EU (correct me if i'm wrong) and is usually during prime time hours.

I saw a comment in another thread about how one of the reasons this topic doesn't get addressed by zos (or is low priority to fix) is because there isn't enough pressure put on by us about it.

I've already complained on the forums about this in the last 6 months a couple of times, but maybe it's time for one single thread to document how often this affects people. I couldn't find an existing one unfortunately.

The Que system has been botched for years now and it's only gotten worse over the years. Around the first month the que times weren't that bad, 10-30 mins at most. But now? Reports of players (my findings show that it's mainly DPS) getting 1-2 hour que times on average with the min being 30 minutes, regardless of what they que for, BGs or Dungeons (vet or not) is now the norm. Plus adding in the fact that more people are declining invites which then puts the other parties in an endless loop of que? Yeah, it makes the game almost unplayable for most just entering into the game.
    CvTgcJL.jpg

I'm use to long que times and declining invites but I think that's just because of my years of investing my time into the game. I hope they address the que issue, as this system has been having issue for years now and the more people join the game, the worse it gets.
    Edited by 1mirg on May 11, 2019 2:41PM
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • Sp1dHQ
    Sp1dHQ
    ✭✭✭
    Happens daily, pc eu prime time, nothing new. As someone mentioned in this thread “stop giving money” won’t work. I see only one solution: review bombarding. It happens with other games and it gets noticed. It may start a chain reaction, gaming youtube channels will speak of it. What do you think?
  • Necoy
    Necoy
    Community Managers serve as the face of a company. They are generally responsible for managing and handling communications in both directions.

Even if there is no direct solution in sight, I would rather hear that they they are still looking for a fix than simply saying they upgraded their infra structure and not commenting if they felt that this has improved anything or not.
  • valkyrie93
    valkyrie93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue tonight, primetime on EU server.. Queuing as a duo just to get the error message whenever we pressed F so we had to do something else instead of BGs like we wanted to. Numerous people complaining in zone that it wasn't working for them either.

Tried again 2 hours later and got 2 (wow..) rounds in a row without much issue, but yeah...
    PC EU
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst I'm not suggesting for one second it's a solution, there is an add-on from miat I think which auto accepts, so you don't need to press f any more! Just queue and forget.
  • Liquid25
    Liquid25
    Soul Shriven
    I can bet that ZeniMax is a company made out of incompetent imbeciles who have no clue how to fix this. Instead their Community Managers sit on their asses and do nothing, not a single response from ZeniMax on the issue of the broken matchmaking.

All of my friends left the game because of this and you can clearly see that they don't care at all. Just don't buy anything from them, uninstall this game and let it die. I was writing a post like this in 2018! Guess what, no one gave a damn about it, the topic was ignored just like this one.

Have a look: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/431728/pvp-matchmaking-system-is-broken#latest

They won't ever fix it, they just care about more DLCs and RNG boxes and more ways of doing nothing and milk players from the money at the same time. The broken matchmaking is happening since they introduced battlegrounds, do you know when that was? On January 31, 2017! Yes, they don't do anything to fix the matchmaking for almost 3 years! Do you really hope they will do something about it now? It's one of the worst companies ever and they ignore the community for years and years.

But just you wait when some fat, goofy looking developer from ZeniMax comes in here and deletes this post faster than he can make his brain to process the information.
    Edited by Liquid25 on May 12, 2019 11:03AM
  • valkyrie93
    valkyrie93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liquid25 wrote: »
    I can bet that ZeniMax is a company made out of incompetent imbeciles who have no clue how to fix this. Instead their Community Managers sit on their asses and do nothing, not a single response from ZeniMax on the issue of the broken matchmaking.

All of my friends left the game because of this and you can clearly see that they don't care at all. Just don't buy anything from them, uninstall this game and let it die. I was writing a post like this in 2018! Guess what, no one gave a damn about it, the topic was ignored just like this one.

Have a look: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/431728/pvp-matchmaking-system-is-broken#latest

They won't ever fix it, they just care about more DLCs and RNG boxes and more ways of doing nothing and milk players from the money at the same time. The broken matchmaking is happening since they introduced battlegrounds, do you know when that was? On January 31, 2017! Yes, they don't do anything to fix the matchmaking for almost 3 years! Do you really hope they will do something about it now? It's one of the worst companies ever and they ignore the community for years and years.

But just you wait when some fat, goofy looking developer from ZeniMax comes in here and deletes this post faster than he can make his brain to process the information.

I really wish they would address it...it's SO disheartening that it's gone on for so long for such a crucial part of the game.

I won't be leaving the game though, I really love other aspects of it too much and I've invested so much time and money into it already..this is just one thing i really wish they would fix because i love bgs a lot too. i don't want the game to die. I enjoy it as a whole too much. It sucks that I feel like I'm not helping simply because I enjoy a product I pay for and don't want to quit it.

It seems like it's never getting fixed though :(

like either way it's probably not going to be fixed. so I might as well keep playing for the other parts of the game I enjoy. sorry but I'm one of those players who will probably be playing until the servers get shut down lol. but that's why i care a whole lot
    PC EU
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Failing to communicate is a million times worse than communicating failure.

I get the idea that some of these problems might be hard to fix. What I find hard to grasp is why ZOS can’t even talk about their (in)ability to deal with them. When your system fails so badly that your head honcho has to write (and pin) a grovelling mea culpa, which includes yet another promise to keep the community updated, you’d think that maybe the penny would drop.

But apparently not. We have the same issues. Every day. And we have the same level of non-engagement from ZOS. Every day.

The only conclusion you can draw is either they have no idea about how to communicate with players, or much more likely, they have nothing to communicate and are simply bunkering down like the last survivors of a collapsing empire, where delusion has replaced reason, and they’re simply unwilling to admit the situation they are in.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necoy wrote: »
    Added the ZOS post that stated "We've been working very hard on prepping additional server hardware to accommodate our burgeoning player base, especially in the EU - and I'm very happy to say that we've done it much faster than anticipated. We are wrapping up the work, and will have the additional capacity online for PC EU players before the upcoming Easter holiday weekend."
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5982531#Comment_5982531

Again, we can conlcude this did not resolve the issues around the Activity Finder
    Different issues.
    The PC-EU login queue has been solved, it was caused by to few physical servers so you get to many players on them.
    You can still get an queue sometimes but just a few seconds and I think this is because the login system itself.

The finder on the other hand has always had problems, one old one you can get from time to time in phantom or dead queue.
    Game says you are queued but this is not true, its easy to spot on healers or tanks but harder on DD since they have long queues to begin with. However random normal or specific vet pledge dungeons tend to have 10-15 minutes queue, it if past 20 minutes leave queue and queue again this tend to bump you to top.

However currently with event and more players you get the someone refused all the time.
    This is performance bases as you get more problems who more uses them but is because the software is crappy.

Have an strong feeling that the finder gives up to easy, either it can not handle all the F for join inputs somehow or it failes to create instances. One easy fix might be to extend the time to press F not because of players but because of system.

Also separating the dungeon and BG finder, as I understand lots of people doing dungeons also give serious problems for BG.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.