The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVP MATCHMAKING SYSTEM IS BROKEN!

Liquid25
Liquid25
Soul Shriven
Let's start off with the fact that the overall design of the PvP matchmaking system is so bad that I don't really have the words to describe it without insulting the people who made it. Who on earth made a matchmaking system that when finds a game, sends the player an invite to a match that then needs to be accepted in order to join the match. Why?!

The PvP matchmaking system needs to be redesigned from the scratch. I don't understand why it's such a problem, hire some talented people who know how to code and design a good matchmaking and get the job done.

How should it work? Just like in many different mmo games that don't have problems with such simple and basic things like a matchmaking system. When a player signs up for a battleground, once the system finds a match, instantly take the player to join the match without any nonsense with accepting an invite.

Since several months I struggle to play PvP in your game and it's just insane how much of my time you wasted with your badly designed matchmaking system. I get the pop-up window to accept the invite to a battleground 60 or 70 times before it actually works and takes me in. Not to mention how annoying it is to click it a million times, then when it finally takes me in, I get to a battleground that won't even *** start, so guess what? After clicking 70 times to join a battleground, what is about 40 minutes of my time, I get in, I spend another 10 minutes for the battleground to start, then I realize I have to leave because the system is so damn broken, it won't even start the match, so I get a penalty of 20 minutes for deserting from a PvP match that wouldn't even *** start EVER.

I am now speaking in the name of all ESO PvP players out there. While I have still the patience for your game and I still am willing to play it, for God's sake redesign the matchmaking system! DON'T FIX IT, don't try to fix this broken ass mess called matchmaking made most likely for consoles. Redesign it from the scratch, hire some talented people and let the players play your game the way they want to play the game. The matchmaking redesign should be your priority number ONE, not some new DLC with new dungeons, fix the CORE of your game before introducing new content!

Take my words as constructive criticism and great feedback because the fact that PvP matchmaking is being broken for so long is simply ridiculous!
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not the matchmaking, its the group finder in general, it even does it if u try to sign up as 4 people for pledges. nothing new, just the group finder.
    Edited by Dont_do_drugs on August 20, 2018 7:33PM

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Liquid25
    Liquid25
    Soul Shriven
    The sad thing about this is that the developers must be aware of this problem, if they are not, there's no hope for this game, but they don't do a damn thing to improve it because EVERYTHING works as intended. I just really hope I didn't waste my time on writing this thread and someone will actually take it seriously and do something about it!

I'm more than sure that you lose a lot of good PvP players because of this *** system and some of those people will never come back because they see your bad attitude and zero progress. Show that you care.. take actions!
    Edited by Liquid25 on August 22, 2018 3:14AM
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read somewhere it creates problems when you get the invite multiple times in a row, and click accept every time. I only click accept once now and seem to have fewer problems.
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will find a reoccurring theme on these boards and that is that there is lots of new content which breaks elements of the game and disturbs game play balance and that lots of broken parts of the game don't get fixed. People have been going on about group finder for along time 2 years+ I think. I think the dev team have an aggressive development cycle for rolling out new content, any spare time after that is spent on fixes. Also the current team is unlikely to be the original dev team hence they break parts of the game when implementing new design. I don't think it's to with how skilled they are, but rather how much time they have.
    There must be point in the cycle of game where there is more than enough content for new players and making the game function better whether it be combat, ui, or graphics becomes more important, because at some point this game is going start to look and feel old and primitive no matter what content they add. I for one am of the stance where the game functions badly in many aspects and refuse to buy new content.