Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC).

Sunspire Skin

Ruinhorn
Ruinhorn
✭✭✭✭
My modest feedback is written about Sunspire Skin (can't add anything else about trial itself for now).

It is the ugliest and worst skin I've ever seen. Basically, it is The New Life festival skin (which I think is taken from Direfrost Keep, you can see frozen statues there), with orange-colored arms and legs.

First one is The New Life festival skin (aka Direfrost), second - Sunspire (taken from Alkast website).

Crystallfrost-naked-Argonian-400x616.jpghuman_inceandfire-400x616.jpg

They are identical.
I fully realize this part of content wouldn't be changed even with enough time to design a new skin from zero.
To complete my feedback with constructive and absolutely fair critique:
  • Sunspire Skin was not designed from scratch and was quickly made of the same textures as The New Life skin.
  • This skin is a reward for completing Sunspire trial in veteran mode, which is insane for a copy-paste skin.
  • Unlike MoL, HoF/AS (basically the same) or CR it is not unique, gives no motivation to complete this trial for a unique and well-looking reward (like vMoL for example).
  • Looking back for recent skins I believe it is correct to say the quality of this kind of reward (skins) has dropped.
TL;DR
Sunspire skin is a lazy-"designed" copy-past The New Life festival skin.
Edited by Ruinhorn on May 1, 2019 9:05PM
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10/10 agree with OP. Pretty lazy design. The mounts were a cool idea but a vet dlc trial skin should not be simply adding some orange to a skin you can get for doing mindless quests and making some crap furniture. Looking forward to running the trial and it should be fun, but as far as the reward for vet completion goes it won't be a motivator this chapter.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
    Options
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% agree. Even the mount is pretty meh and if it wasn't for the absurd difficulty in getting it seeing as you have to no death/speed/HM the trial I seriously doubt anybody would ever use it.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
    Options
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the mount only is a lazy reskin of a reskin:
    Sabre-Cat-Frost-Atronach-Side.jpg
    Sunspire-Champion-Senche-Lion-Upgraded.jpg
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean...they have to top spiderkith skin yet.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gross.
    Edited by Banana on May 3, 2019 11:49AM
    Options
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To me they all seem pretty ugly exept the scalecaller peak one but thats just me
    Edited by Dark_Lord_Kuro on May 1, 2019 11:35PM
    Options
  • Darkdex
    Darkdex
    ✭✭✭
    At least the other trial skins look epic (good-looking glowing eyes, good colors, etc).

This skin is just... pathetic. I won't be using that since i dont use the Crystalfrost one.
    Options
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol it looks like trolli sour gummy worms
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
    Options
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ruinhorn wrote: »
    Basically, it is The New Life festival skin (which I think is taken from Direfrost Keep, you can see frozen statues there), with orange-colored arms and legs.

Uhm no? It has orange eyes as well! :D
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    Options
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruinhorn wrote: »
    My modest feedback is written about Sunspire Skin (can't add anything else about trial itself for now).

It is the ugliest and worst skin I've ever seen. Basically, it is The New Life festival skin (which I think is taken from Direfrost Keep, you can see frozen statues there), with orange-colored arms and legs.

First one is The New Life festival skin (aka Direfrost), second - Sunspire (taken from Alkast website).

Crystallfrost-naked-Argonian-400x616.jpghuman_inceandfire-400x616.jpg

They are identical.
    I fully realize this part of content wouldn't be changed even with enough time to design a new skin from zero.
    To complete my feedback with constructive and absolutely fair critique:
    • Sunspire Skin was not designed from scratch and was quickly made of the same textures as The New Life skin.
    • This skin is a reward for completing Sunspire trial in veteran mode, which is insane for a copy-paste skin.
    • Unlike MoL, HoF/AS (basically the same) or CR it is not unique, gives no motivation to complete this trial for a unique and well-looking reward (like vMoL for example).
    • Looking back for recent skins I believe it is correct to say the quality of this kind of reward (skins) has dropped.
    TL;DR
    Sunspire skin is a lazy-"designed" copy-past The New Life festival skin.

Elwyser is looking to be half unique, half lazy.

Options
  • Darkdex
    Darkdex
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Why not invert the colors? At least with that the skin should look more "fireish", and maybe add more emphazis on the eyes???

Inverting the colors (ice arms and legs, fire everything else), will make the skin more appealing for everyone and i think that's not that hard to do.
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's more likely that you dipped your arms and legs in dragon urine than your body and not your arms and legs. Skin is accurate.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on May 2, 2019 9:22AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I find that they wasted a lot of opportunities with the Meridia theme. The Lady of Infinite Energies would have allowed so many cool looking stuff. But all we got are items that are not looking good at all. I had looked forward to the Meridian Mount especially and didn’t buy it because it was so different than expected.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wow, not giving up dro-m'athra for that.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    Options
  • Ruinhorn
    Ruinhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally for me Dro-M'athra was, is and I think will be the best skin in ESO.

1. It is quite realistic and perfectly fits into lore.
    2. It is cool looking, deep blue stripes are well combined with black main color.
    3. Stripes are not just ugly photoshopped lines like someone picked a color and made several strokes with shaking hand. Their color and glowing varies along thickness.
    4. You should complete a difficult trial (probably already not the most difficult nowadays) with well coordinated team on Veteran mode (no HM required) to obtain it as a reward.

I have the only one skin from trials - dro-M'athra. We spent months to beat Craglorn trials on vet modes to get prepared for vMoL. Despite I was the only one stamina player in a group: in those times stamina players were not in favor at all, but I did all my best to compete with magicka players. We did it, and this skin was my main goal and motivation to learn and beat this trial. Neither HM, nor anything else, but skin itself. I love it and use from time to time, because I deserved it.

Looking at... This. I don't want to use bad words, but comparing it with dragon's urine above is accurate. I have no feelings and no motivation to complete Sunspire. Dragons? Every fantasy game has dragons, they are not unique.

It is slap in the face and disregard to ESO players, even on my opinion its community fully deserved it. But it's another discussion, which goes beyond topic theme.

Ri'har
    Edited by Ruinhorn on May 2, 2019 10:55AM
    Options
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats some lazy design!
    Lucky me that i find most skins ugly and not care about them, the best ones in my opinion are the ones you can buy: Zombie and Blood-Forged Skin - ok, the vhof skin ist okayish but everything else....meh :blush:
    PS4 EU - StamDK
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the time you can only see the head of a char and using that skin you are forced to show your hands and feets for ppl to realized you have the trial skin and not just the one from new life... Lol.
    Options
  • Darkdex
    Darkdex
    ✭✭✭
    Or just make the whole skin with the fire theme and frost details...
    Options
  • IamElayne
    IamElayne
    Soul Shriven
    For a vet drop I do think it's weak. Those drops should be pretty spectacular considering the effort and experience needed to run them. It would be good for one of the festival drops like the frost one was. I do think the mounts , even though it's not much different from the frost, do look a lot better then the humanoid counterparts, though. Not sure why, maybe because of the mount gear
    Options
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    While I can agree that it is pretty much a (semi)copy-paste I do think that the trial skin is ALOT cooler and not so much of an ugly layer with a monotone color. The contrast makes a big difference IMO.
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The skin is just REALLY REALLY lazy. They couldn't at least try to make it look decent for the new full trial...lol?
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    surprised they didn't make an animated skin for this trial, or at least something somehow special. i mean, this one is just laughable - take the easiest and probably most-owned skin in the game, and modfiy the hands and feet. seriously?
    Edited by karthrag_inak on May 3, 2019 8:24AM
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    Options
  • Zedrian
    Zedrian
    ✭✭✭
    I find the skin doesn't really represent the trial. Yes there is a Fire boss and Ice-Lightning boss... but where are the Lightning elemental and Time represented in the skin ?

They could of done a Dragon Scale Skin or something related to time.
    Options
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_os1iknfKDy1wnmr5vo1_400.jpg

Guys I got stacks of ideas for new skins.
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on May 3, 2019 7:08PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
    Options