The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Knockbacks and Pulls

bpmachete
bpmachete
✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_Gilliam
and others, I think lots of us can agree that this patch has been an amazing amount of work and effort by ZOS to better the game. Somethings we don't agree on, but things like gap closers not having a snare or other gameplay things where there were concerns you have addressed them.

I would like to say one that might be missing unless I am misreading the natch potes. In the current PvP meta, there are a couple of abilities that are somewhat broken.

We have the Magnum Knockback, and the Pulls from Silver Leash. I believe you are addressing the fact that the animation makes it so you can't break free until it's over which makes it so you can't break free for a certain amount of time.

To totally fix this you should allow break free just like all other knockbacks and maybe pulls where if you are being knocked back or pulled you can break free right away and depending how far along in the trajectory you broke free depends on the remaining momentum in the direction you are being pulled or pushed. Right now with Silver Leash and Magnum sh, you can't really break free until you are all the way to the puller or until the magnum begins to pull back the health.

It seems that if you are chained you should be able to break free before the entire pull (though some momentum might take you closer depending how fast or far you are by the time you break free), and also if you are knocked back you could break free and even though the momentum might continue, you could regain control and not have to keep trying to break free.

Another thing that is broken with the pull is that it goes through all the stamina of the mount instantly. If you are riding the pull doesn't need to break all your stamina from what I can tell to be able to pull you, it just pulls you without the ability to do anything.

I think these two things would be a great addition to this patch or going forward.
Edited by bpmachete on April 30, 2019 7:53PM
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chains and Leash are unique in Gap Closers and breaking free before it completes the animation would render them useless.

Gap closers have a two part snare if I wasn't mistaken. The secondary snare has been removed, otherwise gap closers would never make it to their target.
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    A gap closer doesn't knock you off your horse immediately. Also they would not be useless, they would be a CC. Gap closers don't CC you in general. The pull is overpowered, it pullls you right off you horse without having to drain your stam, and you can't break free from the CC until you get all the way to the caster. CC not being able to be broken are super annoying, and you could still be pulled, and it's not like everyone would break free perfectly, with the delay you probably land to the caster anyway. It would just make it more responsive.
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno I mean did I make a good point then? @TheBonesXXX
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bpmachete wrote: »
    and you can't break free from the CC until you get all the way to the caster.

Could this be that the CC+immunity doesn't happen until you're there? I swear I''ve had someone pull me, and while in-flight, someone else pulled me deeper into the mud. Double trouble.

EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be no pulls at all, just turn them into normal gap closers. They are only spammed by zergs to be annoying.

As for magnum shot, I don't know why the knockback can't be made identical flame lash. Never have problems with that CC.
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on May 7, 2019 11:59AM
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chains & leash really have no place in pvp, they shouldn't work on players.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get over here!