Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Back again. PvP April

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Skander wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    10.9k in bleeds, did you forget to wear armor?

Armor doesn't apply to bleeds, that's the point

I mean were you wearing any sets at all. I don’t think I’ve ever seen 10.9k from a single bleed dot. Also there are also many cheese builds. Normal bleeds on a regular build are fine even master dw is ok.

no it's not.

i'm a DoT DK and i don't own Master, but it's ridicolous enough already. hence they're getting a nerf in Elswyr by removing the first tick and reducing the damage.

Carve, here I come!

No wait, actually, I've been using it in live for weeks...
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    ilcavallo wrote: »
    Bleeds are necessary because just about everyone is running around in heavy armor with fairly high resistances.

So make bleeds scale inversely off the target's armor, so it's not good against everyone but counters a specific thing. The way it is now, it's fire and forget OP against anything.

inverse so..... it's less damaging to light armor?

right now it's EQUALLY damaging to people in light, medium or heavy armor.

which is what it's meant to be. just bleed tho, not other DoTs.

we dont want to remove/nerf it so its still effective against heavy-resist players - OK
    ...and we also want to "scale inversely off the target's armor" = so low-resist players would bleed less?

so you expect a zero CP newbie with light, green armor with sub-10k resist running into Vivec campaign, gets Rending Slash on them, and they'll just brush it off?

136822d1410889961t-moto-x-2014-pre-order-jackie-chan-meme-template.jpg
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    I think you've posted enough death recaps that I finally have the context in which you die.

You seem to play BGs a lot, and from your posts it sounds like to me you're a good player so you're in a high MMR. I know the drill, sometimes the overall quality of your team isn't quite up to the other two teams. You get involved in these 4 v 4 battles and then one of your teammates dies. Because the other 4 players know what they're doing, the three of you have to play defensively and eventually get whittled down by attrition. As you're probably the best, you're the last one left and at that point you're trying to 1v4 good players, which couldn't even happen during ESO's glory days unless you were at DK at launch.

So you stare at the Death recap in disbelief that it was solely because of bleeds that you died. You want us to believe that if one of the other 4 high MMR players didn't use such cheese, you'd could have totally turned the tables.

You're overthinking the hell out of this. Bleeds shouldn't ignore resistances, it's that simple.

i hate to say it as a DoT player, but this is correct.

why the preferred treatment?

a bleed is a bleed. it's damage over time, whether it's a cut to the vein or some daedric flame roasting your soul... they all should just be affected by (either) resistance.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balorgh + Blooddrinker + a wep dmg set + Master DW

A build like that is actually going to be ridiculous next patch because Carve will also do a ton of dmg.

i wonder if Blooddrinker can stack with Deadly Strike.... that'll be wicked good.....

ps: does DoT tick damage affected by Weapon Damage?
    Edited by Davadin on May 3, 2019 4:03PM
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bro what's your critical resistance? I'm starting to think there may be underlying issues to your bleed posts...
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

The base damage of bleeds is calculated from max stam / weapon power.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bro what's your critical resistance? I'm starting to think there may be underlying issues to your bleed posts...

2860, give or take.

wait. who are u asking? lol

does the DoT ticks, when it crits, affected by Crit Resist? Since, yknow, the tick itself is not affected by Phys/Mag resist at all...
    Davadin wrote: »

The base damage of bleeds is calculated from max stam / weapon power.

oh cool. so if i start off at 3k, then start my DoT, buff up minor/major brutality, i hit 4k wep damage, does the DoT increased? or i just continues using the same value?

and, max stam doesn't change obviously.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got out of Cyrodiil I'm still combat. My swords have disappeared. Let me get on my horse im running on my horse now is this a new trick? Did I mention im in combat, yes still in combat. I still cant swap bars. My ultimate just went off. I did press that button a few minutes ago. Hey thats cool, my bar does switch now but my helmet diappears now. I think I'm going to log now omg I hope I don't dream about unbreakable CC in Vevic lag again.

Be prepared for unreal lag ..
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got hit with a 10.5k frags yesterday in heavy armor on my defensive bar so that’s about 27k resists, no idea if bloodspawn was proc’d as well. How is a purgeable damage type for the same amount over 4 seconds worse? I’d rather deal with that DoT than an instant burst any day.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you've posted enough death recaps that I finally have the context in which you die.

You seem to play BGs a lot, and from your posts it sounds like to me you're a good player so you're in a high MMR. I know the drill, sometimes the overall quality of your team isn't quite up to the other two teams. You get involved in these 4 v 4 battles and then one of your teammates dies. Because the other 4 players know what they're doing, the three of you have to play defensively and eventually get whittled down by attrition. As you're probably the best, you're the last one left and at that point you're trying to 1v4 good players, which couldn't even happen during ESO's glory days unless you were at DK at launch.

So you stare at the Death recap in disbelief that it was solely because of bleeds that you died. You want us to believe that if one of the other 4 high MMR players didn't use such cheese, you'd could have totally turned the tables.

With the exception of the last paragraph this is the story of my life.