The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Would anyone object to a game of thrones style Elder scrolls show with a dark comedy twist?

geekboy09
geekboy09
✭✭✭✭
I think it'll be cool having an adult fantasy show with more dark humor. ES as a whole has so much lore to fit into 12 seasons plus as a whole, they are all a dark comedy dungeon crawler type of games
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would absolutely watch an Elder Scrolls movie/television show. Take my money.
    Edited by Seminolegirl1992 on April 29, 2019 8:45PM
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
    Options
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geekboy09 wrote: »
    I think it'll be cool having an adult fantasy show with more dark humor. ES as a whole has so much lore to fit into 12 seasons plus as a whole, they are all a dark comedy dungeon crawler type of games

Go read
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Real_Barenziah
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would I object? No.

Would I have high hopes?...also no.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they were to do this, which they won't. They'd have to add Mannimarco the King of Worms and the Lord of Snarky Remarks. :wink:

"My Lord, I wonder if you'd muzzle your half-giant pet? She really is annoying." (to Lyris)

Ah man I love his character, straight up savage.
    Edited by Ectheliontnacil on April 29, 2019 8:49PM
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.. sure, but since it's mostly 12 year olds playing ESO, I kind of doubt that Beth would ever go for it.
    Options
  • thedovahmon
    thedovahmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    Well.. sure, but since it's mostly 12 year olds playing ESO, I kind of doubt that Beth would ever go for it.

You serious? I thought 12-year-olds exclusively played Fortnite and Minecraft nowadays.
    "Voted most likely to reply with a reaction image. According to the Mournhold High School Yearbook."
    Options
  • geekboy09
    geekboy09
    ✭✭✭✭

I never ran into a 12 year old while playing
    Options
  • geekboy09
    geekboy09
    ✭✭✭✭

Elder Scrolls wouldnt fit into a movie. I would be a no on that.
    Options
  • thedovahmon
    thedovahmon
    ✭✭✭✭

Elder Scrolls wouldnt fit into a movie. I would be a no on that.

Unless of course they decide to adapt the 2 Greg Keyes books: The Infernal City and Lord of Souls.
    "Voted most likely to reply with a reaction image. According to the Mournhold High School Yearbook."
    Options
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Object?

Only if Uwe Boll is involved.
    Options
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Too bad World of Wolfram stopped so soon after starting.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody remember Crod Mandoon?
    Options
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As long as they do it right (which they wouldn't) I would be all over it.

Anyone remember the several times they made "Dungeons and Dragons" in movie form - or even worse, the old Saturday morning cartoon?

Even the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies failed miserably several times until they were done right.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't be interested - not my sort of thing at all.
    Options
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Then you're probably playing on PC. :*
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a few Lawyers might
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for anyone who just watched GoT season 8, episode 3 - dark is a very apt description...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »

Then you're probably playing on PC. :*

PS4. I swear we have bunch of 6-8 year olds too, temper tantrums and all.

It's either that or we're releasing helium at an alarming rate!
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think an Elder Scrolls TV show, or even a movie, could be done well. Ideally with an original story rather than an adaption of one of the games, because then there's less of an issue of trying to re-work the plot to fit a new format.

I also think there's huge potential to do it very, very badly, for a whole variety of reasons. IMO there have been more good fantasy movies and TV shows in 'recent' years (by which I mean the last 20 years or so, but it still seems recent to me), they used to be very few and far between with far more badly done ones. But bad ones still do happen on a fairly regular basis.

I wouldn't mind someone trying, but I'd be extremely sceptical until I actually got to see it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, a bunch of squabbling Telvanni in Games of Shrooms?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • geekboy09
    geekboy09
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, a bunch of squabbling Telvanni in Games of Shrooms?

lol, thats funny
    Options
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only if it's hosted/narrated by or stars Sheogorath!
    Options
  • geekboy09
    geekboy09
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the Alessian Rebellion would be a good start for a series
    Options