The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Experiencing cheat engine for the 1st time

LeagueTroll
LeagueTroll
✭✭✭✭✭
I know macro is very common, met less than a dozen scripters (auto break free, auto dodge) in the last 2 year.
But today i encountered a guy cheating so blatantly I've never seen b4, guy just curse and frag is always ready after every curse.
This has to be a result of modify game files. On top of perfect weave, instant break free ofc.
Zos deal with these cheaters, actually ban them, also the no name and shame policy is stupid AF.
It is protecting the criminals.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man frag has nearly 100% uptime for every rotation. It’s silly. The auto break stuff... idk some folks are just on point with their mechanics.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have a video? Game logs? Evidence?
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not really, that was just the result of a broken class. I've gotten up to 5 frags in a row.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming someone is cheating just because they were good? People throw that accusation out far too fast and often with only the flimsiest of evidence.

I recently had someone rage whispering that I was getting reported for speed hacking... while doing my daily writs. All because he thought I was riding around faster than him and he was "all maxed out". FFS some people are just dense, especially those unable to figure out when they're just lagging a bit.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Macro (script) can give you perfect rotation, it does not work in PvP outside of stuff like bombing as you are locked into the macro.
    Now using it for LA weave don't have many downsides except then you need to block cast.

LA cancel weave macro is pretty common for PvE on pc, if some do an LA out to nowhere then doing an self buff while tank goes in.
    That is an LA cancel animation in work.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The website is easy to find for cheatengine. Also it would be possible to scan each clients computor for the presence of cheatengine, several gamesites already do just that.

Zenimax is likely not interested in doing any of that for reasons only they know.
    Edited by Skwor on April 29, 2019 4:01PM
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe i am wrong but cheat engine normal don't work with mmorpgs
    most of them keep all that stuff server side

Example you try and change the memory value of your gold from 500k gold to 10,0000
    now on your screen it might look like you just got 10mil but it's just on your side the sec you try to buy something it check with the server - server says last check was 500k and you go back to 500k no way to cheat it and should be the same with stats and skills so so If not then its a developer fail for leaving that stuff client side

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skwor wrote: »
    The website is easy to find for cheatengine. Also it would be possible to scan each clients computor for the presence of cheatengine, several gamesites already do just that.

Zenimax is likely not interested in doing any of that for reasons only they know.
    As skilled as some very bad pug groups is the primary ones.
    You know the ones why wipe on first trash in fungal 1 :)
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet they just don't know how to code detect
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know macro is very common, met less than a dozen scripters (auto break free, auto dodge) in the last 2 year.
    But today i encountered a guy cheating so blatantly I've never seen b4, guy just curse and frag is always ready after every curse.
    This has to be a result of modify game files. On top of perfect weave, instant break free ofc.
    Zos deal with these cheaters, actually ban them, also the no name and shame policy is stupid AF.
    It is protecting the criminals

This policy is there to protect the identity of those who are falsely accused, not defend those who are guilty.

• Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    those guys must be the ones that forget to update their cheat engine and cheat engine is just like add-ons they have to be updated every time when any game go through a new process of updates.

those guys that do speed hack, health hack, god mode hack majority of them know the formula of the system to tweak it up a bit they're the ones that don't go full app like 100+ health, 100+ damage, flying hack and jumping hack.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The proc chance for frags is such that it's really not hard to have fights where your frag is up for most of your curses--and that would be a weird thing to modify via CE.

Not saying it's impossible, but it would be a borderline pointless approach compared to meaningful stat modification.
    Maybe i am wrong but cheat engine normal don't work with mmorpgs
    most of them keep all that stuff server side

Example you try and change the memory value of your gold from 500k gold to 10,0000
    now on your screen it might look like you just got 10mil but it's just on your side the sec you try to buy something it check with the server - server says last check was 500k and you go back to 500k no way to cheat it and should be the same with stats and skills so so If not then its a developer fail for leaving that stuff client side

ESO used to have a lot more stuff client-side. This culminated in CE-gate a few years ago, when people blatantly hacked for a weekend, nominally as a way to "raise awareness" of the issue while also dramatically quitting/getting banned.

Many character stats have since been moved server-side, though a few things are still client-side (allegedly location hacking is still pretty functional).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thogard where is he to explain CE for the millionth time?
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throw a stone into a pack of hounds, the one who howls got hit.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what I I then download CE for other purposes, I.E Adding Money in Football Manager without the editor, So I risk getting banned from ESO even though I'm using the program in a different game
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well we can't provide proof anymore because it gets deleted(for name shaming) so we might as well be all lying
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what I I then download CE for other purposes, I.E Adding Money in Football Manager without the editor, So I risk getting banned from ESO even though I'm using the program in a different game
    That is your problem if stated in TOS. Note that multiplayer shooters is some magnitudes more *** than MMO regarding this.
    Much more fast paces and lots is done client side. You still have semi pro CS players geting banned in tournaments because of cheating but that tend to be client only stuff like wall hacks.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes. Happens all the time at steam. Honestly most people claiming that are just making excuses.

Also those getting a VAC ban are account banned for life and I am fine with that.

Thing is the program has to be running, just having the executable present does not trigger the ban as I recall.
    Edited by Skwor on April 29, 2019 5:02PM
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭

I used to duel a lot on magicka nightblade, and I was accused of cheating or using macros very often because I nailed the weaving, rotation and was fast at reacting to my opponents.
    I have never done either of these things however. People are often very quick to shout "cheat" when they lose and get salty. Nothing that you've said here indicates cheating necessarily and honestly the way its worded reminds me of a salty pvp rant.
    PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
    STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Report the player if you think exploits are being used. You have been around long enough to know what to do.

If Zos can detect your cheat engine then yes. That seems to be an obvious answer.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Man frag has nearly 100% uptime for every rotation. It’s silly. The auto break stuff... idk some folks are just on point with their mechanics.

i did not state clear enough, it is not up every rotation, it is up every other skills, curse is followed by frag, fire clench is followed by frag.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »
    Assuming someone is cheating just because they were good? People throw that accusation out far too fast and often with only the flimsiest of evidence.

I recently had someone rage whispering that I was getting reported for speed hacking... while doing my daily writs. All because he thought I was riding around faster than him and he was "all maxed out". FFS some people are just dense, especially those unable to figure out when they're just lagging a bit.

Frag up after casting 1 other skill every time is cheat, not skills, 5 frags in 12 second is clearly cheat.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to duel a lot on magicka nightblade, and I was accused of cheating or using macros very often because I nailed the weaving, rotation and was fast at reacting to my opponents.
    I have never done either of these things however. People are often very quick to shout "cheat" when they lose and get salty. Nothing that you've said here indicates cheating necessarily and honestly the way its worded reminds me of a salty pvp rant.

What you said is 'perfect weave', there is nothing blatant about it, macro is very common.
    What i saw is frag up after casting every other skills, 5 frags in 12 second is cheat.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the auto break free? Is that really a thing?
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    its called RNG...if you modify game files u cant start the game...if its a cheat engine then I assume zos !@#$% something up for not insta kicking him...and banning...also as stated previously...we need proof...not blatant pointy fingers...if u would know how many times I got accused of cheating...hax...and many other in pvp for simply just being a better player...oh good old times...and I never use macros or something like that even in pve...idk how people can even play with them...but that explains some of the over performance though...still im not lying to myself... I know my place and im proud where I am...if I want to go higher I should work harder.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its called RNG...if you modify game files u cant start the game...if its a cheat engine then I assume zos !@#$% something up for not insta kicking him...and banning...also as stated previously...we need proof...not blatant pointy fingers...if u would know how many times I got accused of cheating...hax...and many other in pvp for simply just being a better player...oh good old times...and I never use macros or something like that even in pve...idk how people can even play with them...but that explains some of the over performance though...still im not lying to myself... I know my place and im proud where I am...if I want to go higher I should work harder.

I have never seen anyone this blatant, 5 frag in 12 second is cheat.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the auto break free? Is that really a thing?

Ofc it is, those are scripters, in fact this do not require modifying game data.
    The script copy data server send to client, and provide input to the client.
    This functions a lot like script in league, where some players just turn body twitch all the time and dodge projectiles perfectly.
    What i saw today is cheat engine, modify game data.
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want proof I can provide it but not publicly because it gets removed
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never seen anyone this blatant, 5 frag in 12 second is cheat.

No way I just started using sorc and sometimes if your spamming stuff your frags comes up one after another. Now if someone is spamming frags with no abilities inbetween that's a different story
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ofcourse frag is allways ready after every curse or almost every single one. At least for me and I'm to lazy to use any cheats.
    Every ability cast gives you a chance to proc frags. And that proc stays for several seconds so every sorcerer with more than two brain cells, saves that frag proc for the second that curse detonates.
This discussion has been closed.