Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Would you like to have your alts as home items?

TelvanniWizard
TelvanniWizard
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I know this has been suggested many times, but right now I think i´ve never seen a poll about it (may be mistaken). Anyhow, this is the thing: I´d love to have some of my alts roaming my different homes (as many others want), or at least standing there, doing nothing (although a little pathing with path marker furnishings could be probably done, or emotes, or mementos, or something). So, what are your thoughts on the matter?

Would you like to have your alts as home items? 165 votes

Yay
96%
atlgirl29_ESOkyablyCireousSolarikenGilvothRykothCatsmoke14gimpdrb14_ESOGreyleafVehlirKlemenziusb16_ESOxMovingTargetHelricTurelusSantieClawsAimoraixieDarkstorneMixSheezabeast 159 votes
Nay
1%
Juhasowlogarifmikwishlist14 3 votes
Other
1%
TheRealPotorooghastleyNotaDaedraWorshipper 3 votes
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Bix08
    Bix08
    ✭✭✭
    Yay
    I really like the idea! :) just putting them in the house and a mount beside them would for sure look fantastic!!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Yup. Would be fantastic if they added it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Didn't even read and my answer is ermagerd yes.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Sure. Give me my wonderful alts for my homes!
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yay
    Well, it seems everyone agrees on this one :)
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'd like to have them asleep on the spare beds. Since the player can't use the bed, at least someone would. Player would select who sleeps where.

I could also see placing them on chairs - dining or seated at a desk.

Roaming around is just asking for problems, but static "activities" like those would work.

And one other detail: They should only be there, if that's the house you parked them at in their last session.
    Edited by ghastley on April 30, 2019 4:08PM
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I want my pets and mounts first. The Special Collections limit of 10 is ridiculous.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yay
    Would be nice, but I'm not sure if ZoS are capable of making copies of your character models (with their hairstyle and other customization, armour and costume, etc) to stand around in houses. I know SWTOR for example allows you to place your companions, which show up as a basic holographic image if you're on a character that doesn't have them, and as their actual customized companions if your character does have them... but that's a different system entirely.

Perhaps the closest we could get would be if they added more NPCs as furnishings. Just like the banker, merchant and fence, they could add more NPC 'furnishings' like a chef, a housecarl, a bard, maybe some guards... SWTOR does have dancers, sith sorcerers and warriors, bounty hunters, etc NPC models as placeable furnishings which really help liven up the space - especially some of the giant homes which look painfully empty sometimes.

They could even make them crown-exclusive (who are we kidding, they would of course, just as they made the music boxes crown store only) if they want to rationalize the developing cost with some profit. We could have:
    - A mercenary bunde with a housecarl, some guard NPCs in armor, and archers we could place on walls and in the courtyard.
    - A personnel bundle with a chef, a brewer, a stablemaster and a maid (I'll leave the argonian jokes to your imagination :wink:)
    - An entertainer bundle with a bard, a jester, a fire-breather, sword-swallower and maybe a painter.
    - A craftsman bundle with a blacksmith, a woodworker, clothier, an alchemist, etc.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Attunable target dummy.
  • AbraKDabbler
    Yay
    This would make me endlessly happy.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    i would love this
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    This would be neat
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yay
    This would make me endlessly happy.

Couldn't have said it better!
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Yes please

It would be also be great if we could access their inventories by interacting with them in our houses.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds good at first glance, but the more thought that is applied, the more the mechanics of the operation get muddy.

OK, they are not going to allow you to be logged into two characters at once, too many ways for that to exploited. So this alt can't be just one of our characters with a script overlayed.

So, they would have to make a "copy" of the alt, only with no inventory. No inventory would mean no clothes, so how would we apply costumes to the Alt? Then, there is the question of when is the copy made and is it ever updated? Who makes this copy and can it be instanced into more than one home. If a copy is updated, do all copies of the same character get updated and what would the mechanism be for that. How much of an impact would this have on the save file size? What local control, if any, could be provided to change the costume or appearance? I am not saying that these things are impossible, but your kind of wanting to add Sims functionality to an MMORPG.

This technically a bit more daunting than it might appear on the surface. I am also starting think about all the bugs that could appear from this.

Has any MMO ever done something like this?

It would be better if ZOS would just allow us to acquire servants and NPCs of various professions that we could add to our houses. Give them an idle script that moves them around and do something so they are not static. By better I mean, a system that has a snowball's chance of being implimented.

Besides, we still can't have a dog in our house that moves. I think that might be the first step before we could ask for anything else.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Nestor wrote: »
    This sounds good at first glance, but the more thought that is applied, the more the mechanics of the operation get muddy.

OK, they are not going to allow you to be logged into two characters at once, too many ways for that to exploited. So this alt can't be just one of our characters with a script overlayed.

So, they would have to make a "copy" of the alt, only with no inventory. No inventory would mean no clothes, so how would we apply costumes to the Alt? Then, there is the question of when is the copy made and is it ever updated? Who makes this copy and can it be instanced into more than one home. If a copy is updated, do all copies of the same character get updated and what would the mechanism be for that. How much of an impact would this have on the save file size? What local control, if any, could be provided to change the costume or appearance? I am not saying that these things are impossible, but your kind of wanting to add Sims functionality to an MMORPG.

This technically a bit more daunting than it might appear on the surface. I am also starting think about all the bugs that could appear from this.

Has any MMO ever done something like this?

It would be better if ZOS would just allow us to acquire servants and NPCs of various professions that we could add to our houses. Give them an idle script that moves them around and do something so they are not static. By better I mean, a system that has a snowball's chance of being implimented.

Besides, we still can't have a dog in our house that moves. I think that might be the first step before we could ask for anything else.

While I would like Alts as furnishings, I mean it’d be cool to have all my chars in my houses doing various things. I think this is the reason I think we won’t get them, the technical aspect of it just seems like a lot of work and even if zos did that there’s the limits of the servers, gotta make sure when it’s implemented it doesn’t break anything else, etc. (Think I noted technical limits in another recent thread asking for NPC/Alts and Scripted paths for them too)

S.A.96
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    For the love of god yes. Another thing. Make one of the emote options as bard. So they can take on the voices of either the female or male bards of tameriel and give us actual songs in our house.
    Edited by Unit117 on May 5, 2019 1:09AM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Of course but perhaps of equal importance:
    What would you do if it turned out that you don't get along with your ALTs?

Things to consider indeed... ;)
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    R_K wrote: »
    Of course but perhaps of equal importance:
    What would you do if it turned out that you don't get along with your ALTs?

Things to consider indeed... ;)

😬 well then sides would be taken, houses would be divided, An ALT or two may go missing in the night... lol 😆
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Brilliant idea. @ZOS_GinaBruno . Note that so far we have ZERO no votes. That's unheard of on these polls.
    Edited by worrallj on May 5, 2019 7:10PM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yay
    Having alts as home items was the main thing I wanted for housing. I wanted to be able to move inventory to and from each alt in the same way that the crown store banker is used.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    As @Nestor points out, there are a lot of nasty roadblocks before we'd get the sort of thing people are hoping for, but we need to set a direction for the first steps to take. We have pets with idles, even if they have to stay rooted. We have assistants with limited interaction. The next step could be alts asleep on a bed, but dressed as last played. No interactions allowed.
  • Mason_King
    Mason_King
    ✭✭✭
    Yay
    Would be so awesome! Yes, and what ever emotes you set as them is what they would cycle through.
    maybe roam the area with a certain radius or length.

Maybe they could work as a Inventory Manager/Banker too while Idling? Kind of like storage coffers you only have access to their inventory when you're at home, and they're stationed in the home. and their inventory size is only as big as you upgraded as them. Makes it easier so you don't have to log out, and switch characters so often, you just click and give/take what you want.

Maybe:
    Staple Homes: Have 1-2 Alternative Characters Roaming/Idling.
    Classic Homes: Have 3-5 Alts Roaming/Idling.
    Notable Homes: Have 6 Alts Roaming/Idling. (I only have 6 characters including my main so it would work.)

So, my Main Homes are the Gardner House, Alinor Townhouse and the Daggerfall Overlook.
    Would be so cool to see my other characters walk up and down and around corridors and rooms and the courtyards of the house.

My Warden, he's basically the "Dad" of my characters. He would be stationed either in the Kitchen, or in the Basement/Workshop Area of my house, and he'll Manage the Weapons, Armor, and Food. Aw it would be so cool.
    My Sorceress is the "Mom" (there is a love story between the Warden and the Sorceress). Her skills are focused on Enchanting, Alchemy, Jewelry, Clothing.

Basically, my Sorceress and Warden are my retired veteran characters who have been through a lot. It would be nice, like Pets to have a familiar face to greet you as you enter a room.

Not sure where I would put my Assassin-Girlfriend, and Werewolf Bestfriend,
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭
    Yay
    yes yes YES! I would love to be able to place them and select from a list of emotes to pose them in. I don't care if they can only wear whatever outfit/costume the character currently has on.
    Gwen Benele - Breton Templar
    PC NA
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I don't mind whether it's alts or not. I would really like people in my home. I want to build stories.
    One source could be people you help/save/do great things for, and then they sign up to be "friends"and visit you in your homes. I'd like a bard. I 'd like musical instruments as furnishings. I like the idea of assigning emotes to "people"furnishings.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay
    cyberjanet wrote: »
    Actually, I don't mind whether it's alts or not. I would really like people in my home. I want to build stories.
    One source could be people you help/save/do great things for, and then they sign up to be "friends"and visit you in your homes. I'd like a bard. I 'd like musical instruments as furnishings. I like the idea of assigning emotes to "people"furnishings.

I agree. I have one of my homes set up as a tavern - and I'd love to be able to put someone behind the bar, maybe a bard in front of the fireplace, etc. I already use the merchant outside in the courtyard (which is set up as a travelling bazaar).
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I rather have NPCs like guards, mages, workers etc of various sorts instead. A lot easier to add aswell compared to copies of players characters.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Aireal
    Aireal
    ✭✭✭
    Yay
    I would love that... I'd be happy if they were static - if you had to leave them IN the home from previously played, no interaction at all.

My Crafting characters will "live" in the homes, but it would be nice to be able to see my other characters there. Sitting in the library ( or reading nook ) ...reading a book, asleep on the bed... eating dinner. I can have a full blown conversation in my head.. about "oh yeah, I really need a new sword, this one is getting thin in places from being sharpened".. "Do you think you could provision me for a long trip through humid swampy areas?"

Makes the role play that my crafting characters are actually helping "the cause".. whatever the cause is.

( those nice long conversations between two characters is how I write my books.. so Role Playing game? pfffft.. easy )
    Life is about the journey...cause it all ends the same
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Most certainly yay.

That way any visitor to Castle Claws or Sugar Island could meet more of the family without this one herself having to run away first.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/