Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Which Armor sets have nice visual effects?

startstriker
startstriker
✭✭✭
In particular I’m after ones that can be used for my dps and are red such as the burning spellweave set but I also wanted to know about all the other ones out there.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slimecraw makes your arms glow red and permanently increases damage done by 8%
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • startstriker
    startstriker
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I’ll add that to the list
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undaunted infiltrator arms glow like bsw when you use mag ability
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on your definition of "nice". You can get orbs of all colors (green, red, blue) from Hircine (stam), Ebon (health), and Worm (magicka). If you ever go into Imperial City- there's a set called "Imperial Physique" which has an awesome purple glow to it.

Red, in particular, is limited to Ebon, Slimecraw, and as you stated- Burning Spellweave. However, you can get the exact same animation of Burning Spellweave from the "Retaliation" passive of the Atronach tree in your CP. ;)
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Briarheart and Gryphons give you golden arms (golden thorns and golden feathers respectively) and a pretty sound.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maw of Lorkhaj weapons and shield have an shadowy flame effect that is indigo blue

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mending and Infallible Aether have a pink, nebulous, glow on their weapons.

All of the Undaunted Weapon Packs have dedicated particle effects which override the weapon's actual effects.
    Edited by starkerealm on April 27, 2019 7:48AM
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Although for proper trial and dung groups it is wasted slot cause healer is providing that with combat prayer.

Sentinel of RKugamz summons nice dwemer spider that creates field i nwhich stam and health is being recovered. But it is not the kind of set OP wants.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the effect of Mighty Chudan monster set. A frequent but subtle aura that looks a bit like electrical to me. Neat but easy on the eyes.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the visual of the Overwhelming Surge set :) I know it’s not bis but I love it on my Templar
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gryphons have a Nice Visual. its for stam builds tho
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh awesome! And I'm working on getting the set! Have the helmet... Just need that blasted medium shoulder.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • startstriker
    startstriker
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any heavy Armor sets with blue special effects around them by chance?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hatchling's Shell.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebon set love them on my dark elf ebonpact.
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice visual effects .. well "nice" is subjective.

Personally I am not a fan of glowing neon pokemon looks for my characters .. but we all have different tastes .. :D
    Edited by Eifleber on June 30, 2020 6:43AM

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It buffs base damage before other buffs as I understand it. So in practice I find it works at about a 5 1/2% buff to your overall damage. Thats still pretty good if your pugging it and not getting combat prayer but other monster sets which give a simply damage bonus will out damage it if youre doing lower dps.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on your definition of "nice". You can get orbs of all colors (green, red, blue) from Hircine (stam), Ebon (health), and Worm (magicka). If you ever go into Imperial City- there's a set called "Imperial Physique" which has an awesome purple glow to it.

Red, in particular, is limited to Ebon, Slimecraw, and as you stated- Burning Spellweave. However, you can get the exact same animation of Burning Spellweave from the "Retaliation" passive of the Atronach tree in your CP. ;)

u forgot uhh sanctuary there my friend :)
    at a place nobody knows
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for linking that, I sometimes saw people with Hatchling and wondered what the set causing the effect was!
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Senche is also cool, the one with the dodge roll giving 12% more crit damage.

Clever Alchemist also nice.

Or seventh Legion, really like it. Goes well with the nee Balorgh Weapon Packs :>
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balorgh (the 2p monster set when used ultimate) effect is nice, red glow so much that cannot go unnoticed on a character during the 12 seconds.
  • Treb_U_Shae
    Treb_U_Shae
    ✭✭
    Siroria's got the burning ring of fire around you
  • Treb_U_Shae
    Treb_U_Shae
    ✭✭
    Also, Alkosh (weapons and jewelry) sets give a really neat looking blue glow to my PvE tanks.
  • Treb_U_Shae
    Treb_U_Shae
    ✭✭
    And Undaunted Infiltrator set will make your arms glow like they are a bright orange light.
  • Jerkling
    Jerkling
    ✭✭✭✭
    [...] You can get orbs of all colors (green, red, blue) from Hircine (stam), Ebon (health), and Worm (magicka). [...]
    Green is Sanctuary (healing). Hircine's is yellow and afaik hardly ever used (actually I've never seen it being used, not even in Trials).
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Roar of Alkosh.

The effect on sword and shield is gorgeous.

VJUjGBz.jpg
    Edited by gatekeeper13 on June 30, 2020 2:03PM
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how Spell Strategist adds glowing eyes, its reminders me older times when bound armor gives such glow to sorcerer eyes, I like how Embershield fire envelops player character like fiery snake, I wish such visual FX was used for Burning Spellweave proc, Bahraha's Curse have cool rune and also Moondancer set have nice glow around weapons.

But I really dislike how done Vesture of Darloc Brae VFX, it's not fit to stealthy set at all, its glow like festival sparklers, its glow even when you out of sneak in first person, really terrible, I wish it have visuals like Grace of Gloom.

• Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Senchal Defender has an extremely appealing turquoise effect. The Maarselok monster set has a blue flame, like a blue version of DK's Breath. Both go quite nicely with Necromancer skills.

Stonekeeper has some blue to it also. Stonekeeper + Alkosh + Senchal Defender is actually a pretty good tank setup for 4 man content, or Lord Warden instead of Stonekeeper of course.

Edited by Urzigurumash on July 1, 2020 3:13AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Jerkling
    Jerkling
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stonekeeper + Alkosh + Senchal Defender is actually a pretty good tank setup for 4 man content [...]
    Ya, no, not really.