Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Is this normal or a cheater? (Cyrodiil)

Neoealth
Neoealth
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I thought I'd spend an hour or 2 in Cyrodiil this morning just for the hell of it, not bothering trying to farm the event boxes, just standard follow the crown stuff. Anyway about an hour into it, our zerg was defending a keep from reds, big battle going on inside the keep, and there was 1 blue guy just standing there on the steps right in the middle of the battle, he was taking tons of damage, not even moving, not casting skills, he would not die. I thought it was lag at first, but everyone else was losing health and dying etc.

We managed to kill all the reds and secure the keep, but this one blue was still there, he began to run around, jumping as he went. It did not matter how many people were hitting him at once, his health hardly moved if at all. He didn't even seem to be casting skills.

Fast forward about 30 minutes and we were re taking some lumber mill or farm or something, and there was that same guy just running around, not dying, not attacking either. But because no one could kill him at all, we were forced to move on to the next objective, but of course shortly after we left he re took the mill. So frustrating. Is this cheating? I'm not actually sure, i'm not really a pvper and not really sure about tanky builds. But i'm sure he must be cheating, no build should allow for an entire zerg battering you and your health not even moving. I noticed people were even stunning or snaring him, you would think then he would die, but no he would vanish from sight, then re appear yards away.

He had a german name, I can't say the name because of the forum naming a shaming policy, plus i'm not sure if he was cheating, i just strongly lean to that way of thinking based on what I saw.

Anyone have any ideas?
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a cheater, I'd report him to ZOS and move on
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just as I thought, just as I thought! (Little Oblivion reference there sorry)

I would not be surprised if lots of people reported him tbh.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »

I've only ever seen 1 person be able to take a ton of damage from 10+ people pounding on them but they are a good tanky player, not unkillable but it will take an organised effort to do so

But just standing and not casting any skills, yeah something fishy is afoot
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone ever witnesses cheating, please record it.

At present, the only form of cheating that’s been video documented in the last 2 years is some good old fashioned flying around (movement is client side, not server side, so it’s technically possible to hack this)

But there are no invincibility cheats, and no one has uploaded a video showing that in the last two years.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• kiLLahweSPe
    kiLLahweSPe
    ✭✭✭✭
    id say just a clever use of ingame mechanics which are available to everyone.
    PC EU

Tick Tock Tormentor - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon Heart - Unchained - Godslayer - Dawnbringer

Pathfinders
    https://pathfinderseso.shivtr.com/

The Lovely Multicolored Ponies
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its really hard to tell, with the state of them game as it is, especially in cp pvp you can make some insanse builds.

Also buffs like major protection are handed out like candy these days.

I have seems some bug exploiting not too long ago, someone abusing the long jump bug, but apparently ZoS doesnt ban for it beacuse its too easy to replicate, or so ive been told.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably a cheat, but could also just have a “broken build” - there are, unfortunately, too many of those.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    too many clueless people here.
    probabpy. not a cheater

just a very tanky player.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without video or a time-stamped combat log, its really hard for us to tell you either way.

If you aren't sure, you can report it to ZOS, since they'll have the data we don't to check it out.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    probabpy. not a cheater

So tanky he doesn't have to cast skills and just stand there taking no damage?

No build is that tanky.
    If that was true, it would be used in PvE as well.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    probabpy. not a cheater

Tanky players block or outheal damage. Doing nothing, not even praying or meditating? Fishy.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've only ever seen 1 person be able to take a ton of damage from 10+ people pounding on them but they are a good tanky player, not unkillable but it will take an organised effort to do so

I was going to say this. There's a guy on DC on PS4 NA who can take a zerg (kudos to you FukCal) and I just watch as everyone pounds on him and he just takes it. 10/10 Would want as my tank.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Kel
      Kel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going to say this. There's a guy on DC on PS4 NA who can take a zerg (kudos to you FukCal) and I just watch as everyone pounds on him and he just takes it. 10/10 Would want as my tank.

Yes, but he casts skills and, you know, moves...

He doesn't stand there doing nothing and somehow being immortal. FukCal dies. It takes alot to kill him, but he can be killed....

Huge difference.

Always be suspicious of those that deny or downplay this type of thing...
      Edited by Kel on April 23, 2019 12:41PM
    • OwnerOfSuccuby
      OwnerOfSuccuby
      ✭✭✭
      It is normal. Pvp tank vuild with low dmg output. To kill player like it is possible with 2 good pvp players, or even 3 if it run around some rock, stone tree and etc.

But if you are not good in pvp it will easely tank 20 of you.

You run after him, anda lot of you attacks do not hit him. To counter players like it is take him in square - to let him take dmg in each part of it, or he will fast regenerate.

So when i see some think like that i do not run to cath him. I standin derection where he wull run. And when he will run on me it is easy to damage him. But if too tanky - need more dps than and more players.
    • Berenhir
      Berenhir
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Thogard wrote: »

At present, the only form of cheating that’s been video documented in the last 2 years is some good old fashioned flying around (movement is client side, not server side, so it’s technically possible to hack this)

But there are no invincibility cheats, and no one has uploaded a video showing that in the last two years.

No cheating, but exploiting @Thogard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOB69zqWunk
      PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
    • Mr_Walker
      Mr_Walker
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      No skills no movement sounds sketchy TBH. I'm no champ, but I run a tank a fair bit in Cyro, and if I just stand there doing absolutely nothing against a few players, I still die. It just takes a little longer. And that's a build that's tanky enough to solo a resource in NoCP, so pretty damn tanky.
    • Neoealth
      Neoealth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Mr_Walker wrote: »
      No skills no movement sounds sketchy TBH. I'm no champ, but I run a tank a fair bit in Cyro, and if I just stand there doing absolutely nothing against a few players, I still die. It just takes a little longer. And that's a build that's tanky enough to solo a resource in NoCP, so pretty damn tanky.

Yeah that is the main thing which made me think he was cheating. And the fact he seemed to vanish and appear in another location in an instant. But it was very much like that video berenhir posted, except no apparent spell casting.
      Edited by Neoealth on April 23, 2019 1:09PM
    • DeadlyRecluse
      DeadlyRecluse
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      It's really, really hard to pass judgement without video. In a vacuum, though, someone being tanky without casting skills sounds like cheating.
      Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    • laksikus
      laksikus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      probabpy. not a cheater

Tanky players block or outheal damage. Doing nothing, not even praying or meditating? Fishy.

mediating is bugged and doesnt always show the animation. been that way since summerset.
      And most other skills can be animation canceled.
    • Pink_E_808
      Pink_E_808
      ✭✭✭✭
      Kel wrote: »

Yes, but he casts skills and, you know, moves...

He doesn't stand there doing nothing and somehow being immortal. FukCal dies. It takes alot to kill him, but he can be killed....

Huge difference.

Always be suspicious of those that deny or downplay this type of thing...

I have a clip from about a month or so ago where I'm fighting red with my fellow yellow at Sej and he's just standing there on his blue (he has a yellow, too), hanging out right in front. It wasn't a huge fight and most people were leaving him alone or hanging out next to him for a minute, but the few who did try to tackle him didn't do much damage, he just shrugged them off. I learned a long time ago to just keep moving past him unless it's a big battle, lol.
    • FakeFox
      FakeFox
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Doesn't have to be cheat
      probabpy. not a cheater

No build is that tanky.

It wouldn't. There is no point in being super tanky in PvE. PvE tanks run support sets.
      EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    • Kel
      Kel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      FakeFox wrote: »
      Doesn't have to be cheat
      probabpy. not a cheater

No build is that tanky.

It wouldn't. There is no point in being super tanky in PvE. PvE tanks run support sets.

You're saying any unkillable build wouldn't be used in PvE? Unkillable while doing nothing?

Seriously doubt that.

Show me one build that can do nothing and live...even against trash mobs, let alone other players...

I'll wait
      Edited by Kel on April 23, 2019 3:48PM
    • rfennell_ESO
      rfennell_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Thogard wrote: »

Meanwhile I have a video of someone totally immune to damage in that time period.

Posting it turns into naming/shaming and I can't be bothered.

It wasn't the only time I saw it... it was the only time I recorded it though... it's patently obvious the player in question was immune to damage though. In truth, I think it was a bug and he was unaware of it. But any bug, once known can be exploited for use.
    • laksikus
      laksikus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Doesn't have to be cheat
      probabpy. not a cheater

No build is that tanky.

You're saying any unkillable build wouldn't be used in PvE? Unkillable while doing nothing?

Seriously doubt that.

Show me one build that can do nothing and live...even against trash mobs, let alone other players...

I'll wait

you cant use it on pve,cos of game mechanics
    • FakeFox
      FakeFox
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Doesn't have to be cheat
      probabpy. not a cheater

No build is that tanky.

Seriously doubt that.

I'll wait

What would be the reason to play it in PvE? Tanks can easily survive without and it would bring absolutely nothing to a group.
      EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    • Diundriel
      Diundriel
      ✭✭✭
      Looks like someone really likes the super jump ;)
      GM of former Slack Squad PvP Raid Guild
      Our Vids:
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLwZNZlv8an4p-xNoboE7w

Characters:
      Zoe'la- AD Magplar AvA 50 x2.5
      Not Zoe'la- DC Magplar AvA 25
      Worst Healbot EU- EP Magplar AvA 20
      Diundriel- AD StamNB AvA 36
      Pugs Got Bombed- AD ManaNB AvA 36
      Cause we have dots- AD ManaSorc AvA 33
      Red Zergs Again- AD StamDen AvA 29
      Synergy Spam Bot- AD MagDK AvA 17
      Heals of Cyrodiil- AD ManaDen AvA 14
      Nawrina- DC StamDK AvA 26
      Not Ganking- StamNB PVE DD
      Stack Pls- DC ManaNB AvA 20
      Der Katzenmensch- AD AvA 30
      Der kleine Troll- DC StamDen AvA 24
      and some I deleted and new ones I am to lazy to add so well above 200 Mio AP and 6 Former Emperor Characters

PvE: multiple Flawless Conqueror Chars, vAS +2, vCloudrest +3, vRG, vKA, vCrag hms, vDSA 43,5k score ...
    • laksikus
      laksikus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      N00BxV1 wrote: »

funny that you post 6 videos.
      5 show some sort of cheat to get invisible/clip into keep highjumps.
      1 show a legit tank who can bunnyhop.

and the only guy thats very tanky in those 6 vids is the legit player.

• N00BxV1
      N00BxV1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      N00BxV1 wrote: »

funny that you post 6 videos.
      5 show some sort of cheat to get invisible/clip into keep highjumps.
      1 show a legit tank who can bunnyhop.

and the only guy thats very tanky in those 6 vids is the legit player.

Funny how many times in this thread you have tried to brush cheating under the rug as if it isn’t happening. It doesn’t matter if it’s a hack or an exploit, it’s still cheating.

All the videos showed cheats in action. The first two videos are of the player cheating - that’s why they were so tanky... The other videos were of other players cheating.

The reason I posted those videos, which took all of 1 minute to find on youtube, was to show that there are cheats happening and not to just brush it off as the Defenders would like us to.
    • Malmai
      Malmai
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I thought I'd spend an hour or 2 in Cyrodiil this morning just for the hell of it, not bothering trying to farm the event boxes, just standard follow the crown stuff. Anyway about an hour into it, our zerg was defending a keep from reds, big battle going on inside the keep, and there was 1 blue guy just standing there on the steps right in the middle of the battle, he was taking tons of damage, not even moving, not casting skills, he would not die. I thought it was lag at first, but everyone else was losing health and dying etc.

We managed to kill all the reds and secure the keep, but this one blue was still there, he began to run around, jumping as he went. It did not matter how many people were hitting him at once, his health hardly moved if at all. He didn't even seem to be casting skills.

Fast forward about 30 minutes and we were re taking some lumber mill or farm or something, and there was that same guy just running around, not dying, not attacking either. But because no one could kill him at all, we were forced to move on to the next objective, but of course shortly after we left he re took the mill. So frustrating. Is this cheating? I'm not actually sure, i'm not really a pvper and not really sure about tanky builds. But i'm sure he must be cheating, no build should allow for an entire zerg battering you and your health not even moving. I noticed people were even stunning or snaring him, you would think then he would die, but no he would vanish from sight, then re appear yards away.

He had a german name, I can't say the name because of the forum naming a shaming policy, plus i'm not sure if he was cheating, i just strongly lean to that way of thinking based on what I saw.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheat Engine still works... Say thanks to ZOS...
      Edited by Malmai on April 23, 2019 9:07PM