The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Quick guide for Dungeons/Trials for PvPers for week 4 of the event.

• Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MikaHR wrote: »
    1. You dont need anything but light attack to defeat entire PvE side. Skills are optional.

2. Red circles on the ground either outrght kill you (in like 1% of cases)...or do pretty much nothing. So generally you have 99% to survive red circle and dotn have to bother with them.

3. Same goes for "mechanics"...they either kill you outright in minority of cases or do nothing. So its pretty safe to ignore them.

4. In normal mode everything hits like PvEer in PvP.

5. If you die expect PvEers to pick up the slack....and if they fail tell them how much they suck at the game.

6. If PvEers start complaining be sure to tell them that you absolutely hate PvE and PvEers and you are there just for the event boxes.

>:)

Ok, thanks matey. Much appreciated.

tenor.gif?itemid=7431314
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    You are better off just soloing the 2 non-dlc pledges on normal than you are waiting in the dungeon finder queue for hours.

Dam, have to add:

"x: be sure to queue as a tank regardless of our spec for faster queue pop"...but added it under Tips and Tricks section....keep it coming!

thanks for the reminder!
    Edited by MikaHR on April 23, 2019 1:49PM
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine that many of us do both PvE and PvP. We find the whole PvE vs PvP arguement silly. You gear up differently for each, both in equipment and skills. The same goes for trials vs group dungeons vs overland set grinding at fastest rate possible.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • EdoKeledus
    EdoKeledus
    ✭✭✭
    PvE players who think we(PvP players) will have trouble in PvE contents are completely ignorant, how sad even after 5 years.

DC PC EU Vivec
    Daggerfall Convenant Loyalist

• tyggerbob
    tyggerbob
    ✭✭✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »
    After PVPers attitude and arrogance in the forum this week, I'm not surprised if they will get kicked even from normals.

I don't want to participate in the ongoing PvP vs. PvE mud fight, but just out of curiosity: how do you identify PvPers in PvE PUGs? I know they are wearing different gear, but that's not something one can easily recognize. At least I can't.

A few things. . two handed tanks with no taunts, healers who use vigor or spam healing ultimates off their resto staff that no real healer ever uses, DPSes who run ahead of the tank and use closer skills on a boss that work fine in ganking a player in Cyrodiil or BG, but do nothing against a 5 million health boss, run out of resources because they're burst-babies and then spam heavy attacks to recover. Oh and the titles are often a giveaway

Might as well have a sign over their heads.
  • Vyperia
    Vyperia
    ✭✭✭
    EdoKeledus wrote: »
    PvE players who think we(PvP players) will have trouble in PvE contents are completely ignorant, how sad even after 5 years.

The funniest thing is, I'd say a large portion of the top pve players are pvp'rs too.
    PC EU - CP 810+ - @Vyperia

Vyperia - Stamsorc EP
    Aela Of Rorikstead - Stamdk EP
    Fireya at-Rusa - Stamden DC

XB NA - CP 500+ - GT Vyperia

Aleri Telvanni - Magsorc AD
  • tyggerbob
    tyggerbob
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just going by my own experiences with very obvious PVPers in the PUGs I've run. There's a big difference between someone who is new to PVE and wanting to learn the game and mechanics and someone who things their successes in PVP are directly transferable to a dungeon run.
    I am not saying all PVPers are like this. I've met some great PVP players in both environments, but I will say that a majority of negative experiences I've had in PUGs are NOT because of PVE players.
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not sure where this divide between PVP and PVE comes from. I can easily switch the same toon from either PVP or PVE and still be competitive just by switching gear and a few skills. I enjoy both parts of the game equally. Thoroughly understanding how your skills, gear, and rotation affect performance in either one still engages me, and I’ve been playing for over three years. Anyone who does just one or the other is really missing out on challenging parts of the game.
    Edited by gp1680 on April 23, 2019 2:32PM
  • tyggerbob
    tyggerbob
    ✭✭✭✭
    gp1680 wrote: »
    I’m not sure where this divide between PVP and PVE comes from. I can easily switch the same toon from either PVP or PVE and still be competitive just by switching gear and a few skills. I enjoy both parts of the game equally. Anyone who does just one or the other is really missing out on challenging parts of the game.

I agree. I have a gear set and bar setup in alphagear for PVE and one for PVP. when I go do battlegrounds, I just switch. but I'm using the right gear and right skills in each environment. It's the people who can't be bothered and won't accept criticism about that, that annoy me.

The same goes for PVP. you wear your PVE gear into PVP, you're gonna die. However, you should not expect to be camp-farmed because of it. Educate them with words, not your weapons.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    1. You dont need anything but light attack to defeat entire PvE side. Skills are optional.

2. Red circles on the ground either outrght kill you (in like 1% of cases)...or do pretty much nothing. So generally you have 99% to survive red circle and dotn have to bother with them.

3. Same goes for "mechanics"...they either kill you outright in minority of cases or do nothing. So its pretty safe to ignore them.

4. If you die expect PvEers to pick up the slack....and if they fail tell them how much they suck at the game.

5. If PvEers start complaining be sure to tell them that you absolutely hate PvE and PvEers and you are there just for the event boxes.

Guess what - there will be no crying by PvPers. You know, the "whiny" ones according to the forum.

Keep an eye and compare the amount of complaint threads. We'll soon see who the real cry babies are :wink:

Oh we will complain, just for the fun of doing it.
    Signature

• tyggerbob
    tyggerbob
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. the problem children are too busy throwing salt in group chat in the dungeon they screwed up for three other people by showing up unprepared and not being a team player.

For those of you who do, thank you.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess what - there will be no crying by PvPers. You know, the "whiny" ones according to the forum.

Keep an eye and compare the amount of complaint threads. We'll soon see who the real cry babies are :wink:

Wanna bet ! Reread most of the complaints and whining are from PvPers
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See here people, ffs, be real!

If the pvp crowd were flagged as pvp and the pve people repeatedly kicked them from groups forcing them to either get their own groups together or not participate you can be damn sure there would be complaining!

This mess is ZoS fault. In fact, pretty much everything that everyone complains about on these forums is ZoS fault.
    PvP and PvE are not meant to be shared ~ ever ~ and the idiots at ZoS will drive this game to ruin trying to prove otherwise.

So, stop fighting with each other and aim your attacks at the real culprit here maybe?

• tyggerbob
    tyggerbob
    ✭✭✭✭
    Players' lack of desire to be part of a team and run the dungeon like a dungeon, rather than a zerg on a resource node has nothing to do with ZOS. Saying "ZOS made me do it.." , is no excuse for not listening and acting like a buttclown when called on it.

And if I get kicked from a group by a bunch of PVPers who don't want t be called on their feces, so be it. My tank will be back in the dungeon in moments, most likely with people who aren't going to screw it up. All the better for me.
  • 6lackzeu5
    6lackzeu5
    ✭✭
    Omg are you serious 😂😂. But in all honesty the best pvp'ers we're the top pve'ers. They are the ones on top of trial leaderboards and vdsa every week. I don't know where this crazy logic of pvp'ers don't pve when if you ever witness skin carries it be by top pvp'ers who have done everything pve has to offer and made it to the true endgame which is pvp.. ijs
  • tyggerbob
    tyggerbob
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know what you call a PVPer that plays the dungeon the way it's supposed to be played? A PVEer :) Same way you call a PVEer who uses the right skills and gear in Cyro and BG a PVPer
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »
    Play in normal would be my only advice, there it doesnt matter if you hit like a wet noodle, the other guys can compensate it. Dont do queue for vet or if you do and get kicked, dont complain :wink:

Don't queue for vet unless you actually know what you're doing in a particular dungeon. Otherwise you'll be fine.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • tyggerbob
    tyggerbob
    ✭✭✭✭
    6lackzeu5 wrote: »
    Omg are you serious 😂😂. But in all honesty the best pvp'ers we're the top pve'ers. They are the ones on top of trial leaderboards and vdsa every week. I don't know where this crazy logic of pvp'ers don't pve when if you ever witness skin carries it be by top pvp'ers who have done everything pve has to offer and made it to the true endgame which is pvp.. ijs

And when I run a dungeon or trial with one of that kind of people who are competent in both, that's awesome.. it's fun because they play it properly and don't throw salt around when suggestions are offered. I've said before, it's not those PVPers I'm talking about.
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After PVPers attitude and arrogance in the forum this week, I'm not surprised if they will get kicked even from normals.

I don't want to participate in the ongoing PvP vs. PvE mud fight, but just out of curiosity: how do you identify PvPers in PvE PUGs? I know they are wearing different gear, but that's not something one can easily recognize. At least I can't.

Simple 20k+ hp tank or dps using executioner and dawnbreaker :trollface:
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ufretin wrote: »
    There will be as many PvPers doing vet HM DLC Dungeons and vTrials as there are PvEers doing BG or keep capture quests: almost none. Boxes drop from normal pledges just fine.

Besides, PvEers will do pledges on their mules/crafting alts as well and those won't have min-maxed gear either.

You don't know the feeling doing vHRC with 2 pvp fake tanks :trollface:
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how people think PvPers are bad at PVE :smiley:

Most good PvP players have conquered pve and moved on to new challenges.

we mostly have to in order to get the gear we need lol.

But some of us don't step food in trials/vet dungeons (like me). Ill make my money, buy the event items I need and then continue to have fun in the part of the game I like.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *Tips and Tricks: queue as a TANK regardless of your spec for faster Dungeon Finder pops!

Why put this evil thought out in the world?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how people think PvPers are bad at PVE :smiley:

Most good PvP players have conquered pve and moved on to new challenges.

Or paid for clears ;-)

Even if they did - at least they found a solution to their problem and didn't to the forum to cry :wink:

And let's be honest - the people who can clear the hardest pve content aren't probably the ones crying on the forums about the PvP event. My guess is it's the same players who cry about DLC dungeons being too hard. Or the people that STILL make posts to need VMA.

Yeah that’s fair. :-) (but I guess you mean nerf vma; but it’s fair.)
    Edited by IzzyStardust on April 23, 2019 5:42PM
  • tyggerbob
    tyggerbob
    ✭✭✭✭
    tyggerbob wrote: »
    6lackzeu5 wrote: »

And when I run a dungeon or trial with one of that kind of people who are competent in both, that's awesome.. it's fun because they play it properly and don't throw salt around when suggestions are offered. I've said before, it's not those PVPers I'm talking about.

Exactly this. I've run with some PVPers that were awesome. Some didn't need advice, some took it gracefully and the run improved as a result. Hell I even happily give gear to these people because I'm mostly running for keys or Undaunted points, and don't need it.
    It's when I pop in chat with "Tank, do you have a taunt you can use to keep the boss in place? it''ll make things easier", and I get "F* you! This is normal, I don't need a tau..." *dies to a cleave* THAT's when I get annoyed. While I'm laughing, that is.
    Edited by tyggerbob on April 23, 2019 6:05PM
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Do they jump? Constantly? PvPer.

Sometimes the titles give it away. Tyro, Legionary, or Veteran, it's probably someone new-ish or just went for the Alliance War abilities. Former Emperor or Grand Overlord probably spent some time in PvP land. That's more of a generalization really and certainly not indicative of skill level. Did they jump? PvPer.

PvPers typically focus more on burst than sustain. Of course players that have done both or do both or are just good players can easily switch seamlessly. I usually fall back to the "did they jump?" filter.

Sometimes they'll simply tell you. If they told you while jumping there's no doubt about it.
  • tyggerbob
    tyggerbob
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tanks with two handers, no taunt and 22K health. Healers with vigor.. DPS with 30K health and doing virtually no damage after their starting burst. All solid giveaways
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2. Red circles on the ground either outrght kill you (in like 1% of cases)...or do pretty much nothing. So generally you have 99% to survive red circle and dont have to bother with them.

5. If you die expect PvEers to pick up the slack....and if they fail tell them how much they suck at the game.

6. If PvEers start complaining be sure to tell them that you absolutely hate PvE and PvEers and you are there just for the event boxes.

*Tips and Tricks: queue as a TANK regardless of your spec for faster Dungeon Finder pops!

Many of us won’t be in PVE. We don’t like it. The ones who are in PVE who also do well at PVP, will be running with their guilds. You won’t hear whining from us about just wanting our boxes. Watch and see . . .

Also, lots of us have PVP toons and PVE toons. I would t never take my pve healer into cyrodiil, ever! Maybe you could learn from us.

Edited by Karivaa on April 24, 2019 2:00AM
  • MikaHR
    MikaHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    Many of us won’t be in PVE. We don’t like it. The ones who are in PVE who also do well at PVP, will be running with their guilds. You won’t hear whining from us about just wanting our boxes. Watch and see . . .

Also, lots of us have PVP toons and PVE toons. I would t never take my pve healer into cyrodiil, ever! Maybe you could learn from us.

I have been taking all my characters to cyro, most are highly unfinished and dont even have needed skillpoints and needed some (read: a lot) skill leveling. Dawnbreaker? Whats a Dawnbreaker, only 1 of my stam characters has it heh!

But thats because i dont care (characters dont really die!)

Im taking a break for week 4 anyway, been a blast past few weeks and still have cr@pton of motifs/furnishing recipes to sell, made a few million golds already.
    Edited by MikaHR on April 24, 2019 9:30AM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hm, things like higher health on DDs, poison on staves, gap closers skills, 2h builds, monster sets that are not damage oriented on DDs, though these are not exclusive to PvP players, but might indicate a PvP build/toolkit, would be my guess.
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2. Red circles on the ground either outrght kill you (in like 1% of cases)...or do pretty much nothing. So generally you have 99% to survive red circle and dont have to bother with them.

In every / mean EVERY/ MMO pvp players skill cap is way above pvers. You know that right ? And btw, your post looks ridiculous