The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Predator Helios 300 and game lag / frame drops

Inoki
Inoki
✭✭✭
About 2 months ago I purchased a brand new Acer Predator Helios 300 with the following specs:
Intel Core i7+ 8750H Coffee Lake
17.3" LED 1920x1080 IPS ComfyView 144Hz
RAM 24GB DDR4 + 16GB Intel Optane
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
HDD 1TB 7200
Most of the time the game runs just fine with occasional frame drops but with some settings I keep a high framerate, in dungeons typically 100 FPS and not so dense areas as well with VSync ON. I keep it always ON because I learned that it's far more beneficial to keep it on rather than off.

Areas like Murkmire however are a disaster as they seem grossly unoptimised with massive frame drops by just traversing the countryside.

The main problem arises when it comes to Cyrodiil and massive PvP. Frames drastically drop. Now, this is a old game, quite old by now, and this hardware is recent and very decent. Everything I tried to run runs on Ultra no probs and smooth. I can't fathom how it's struggling with keeping this game smooth regardless what settings I've tried.

When I enter combat, even with just using the High details template, in a simple 1v1 I can't use my skills without experiencing stuttering immediately. Imagine how painful it is to just try to 1v1 and on the press of a button the game freezes for 0.5s. This happens no matter how I try to optimise settings, so I gave up and went back to Ultra keeping just a few mods like view distance shorter because that's truly unnecessary.

As this is new hardware there's not much installed on it. Just games. Security software running is set to performance mode and it's one of the lightest on the market. The laptop is also undervolted to -0.130V Core to keep lower temps.
Edited by Inoki on April 22, 2019 7:16PM
This discussion has been closed.