The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Elder Scrolls Offline

• Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This downtime makes sense though, PVP event - leading the lambs to slaughter (PvE) players coming to PVP land to quest and RP their way through the land for cool reward boxes. So, of course getting the whole EMP thing right is very important.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really disappointed at the amount of grief being vented on the people actually doing the work of maintaining the server(s).

It’s not their fault that ZOS doesn’t seem able to plan things properly or apply a more robust QA process.

If they have to get up at 5 to sort things out for us, good for them. I appreciate it.
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eweroun wrote: »
    Instead of complaining, maybe read through this post of Kai on the German forum!

ZOS_KaiSchoberZOS_KaiSchober
    admin
    1) Die Wartungsarbeiten haben nichts mit der Aufrüstung des US-Servers gestern zu tun. Nachdem gestern die neuen PvP-Kampagnen geöffnet worden, trat ein Problem auf, durch das keine Kaiserkrönungen mehr stattfinden können. Das wird heute behoben.

2) Ein Beginn um 11 Uhr mag heute unschön sein, weil es teilweise ein Feiertag ist. Es bedeutet aber, dass unser Team, wenn es um 5 Uhr morgens ihrer Zeit die Server herunterfährt, gegen 4 mit den Vorarbeiten beginnt und somit mitten in der Nacht aufsteht. Das ist nicht selbstverständlich und wird nie gewürdigt.
    Also haltet euch bitte mit Kritik an der Uhrzeit zurück.

for all of you not able to read german:
    1) the maintenance has nothing to do with the US servers. After we launched the new PvP-campains there was a problem which caused emperors not being able to be crowned. This will be fixed.

2) Starting at 11 o'clock today might be not very cool, because it's a partial public holiday. It does mean, however, that when the servers shut down at 5:00 am, our team starts at around 4am and has to get up in the middle of the night. That is not evident and never appreciated (by employees).
    So please refrain from criticizing the time of day

This is something you might think about before starting to complain and behave like an *** yourself.. too bad @ZOS_KaiSchober doesn't post this on the english forums to shut up all you ignorant fools.

Just think about this: Would you like to be awoken because some people ring your door in the middle of the night for an egg (because they're hungry)..

appreciate their work in the first place. I also don't like this maintenance at all..
    • but we don't have queues anymore to enter EU-server
    • better performance ingame

be a bit more thankfull about what they do and you'll be alot happier

have a nice game when the server is up again. I wish every single one of you a great eastern weekend!

And what? Thats what there paid to do, they dont do it for free..

My wife starts work Mon_Fri 5am everyday, she's paid to do it, she may not like getting up early morning, but hey thats how the job shes does works, and pays to do.

Suck it up @ZOS_KaiSchober
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    Really disappointed at the amount of grief being vented on the people actually doing the work of maintaining the server(s).

It’s not their fault that ZOS doesn’t seem able to plan things properly or apply a more robust QA process.

If they have to get up at 5 to sort things out for us, good for them. I appreciate it.

Hard not to do it when one of the employees of ZoS kinda tells us to shut up because they don't apreciate waking up early for maintenance. This is a business! They make millions with this game, we pay for it and don't like seeing people who work for the company say they don't want to wake up early and because of that we should not complaint about maintenance time.

Tell that to the doctors, nurses and every other person who works during the night etc.

No wonder this game is like it is, if this is the mentality of it's employees.

• EmissaryVII
    EmissaryVII
    ✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    Yes. They should never take the servers down for maintenance, even though they seem to be trying to improve things. Why would they want to fix the "have to wait to play" for EU? Or perhaps avoid the same problem happening on the NA server? I mean, really. Its like they want people to play their game or something. :sheesh:

ZOS_MattFiror wrote: »
    Everyone,

We've been working very hard on prepping additional server hardware to accommodate our burgeoning player base, especially in the EU - and I'm very happy to say that we've done it much faster than anticipated. We are wrapping up the work, and will have the additional capacity online for PC EU players before the upcoming Easter holiday weekend.

Here's how it will work:

We will take PC EU offline tomorrow (Thursday, April 18) morning at 12pm CEST/6am EST for maintenance to configure the megaserver to recognize the additional hardware. Stay tuned for messaging from our Social and Community teams on how long the outage will be.
    At some point next week we will do the same for PC NA - even though we haven't had to turn on queuing for PC NA, we want to make sure additional capacity is added there as well to keep up with the growing population on that megaserver.

Adding server capacity should alleviate load-causing server problems and enable us to raise our "concurrent" supported user number well above our nightly maximums, while also removing the queues. We are still working on overall client architecture and performance fixes, which are unrelated to this particular issue. You should see more information about our client performance progress in the coming months.

I know that this has not been an awesome couple of weeks for our EU PC players, which is why we have worked so hard to get additional capacity online as soon as possible. While having a growing player population is great, we know it’s not a good experience to have the population outgrow the current server hardware, or to have to wait in a queue to get into the game you love to play. We'll definitely keep an eye on things and will keep everyone updated as warranted.

Thanks,

Matt
    And I'm sure the people who earned Emperor but can't get it because of a new bug wouldn't want them to fix anything either.
    Hi everyone,

Shortly after opening the new Cyrodiil campaigns today, an issue arose that was causing players that met the proper requirements to not get Emperor. In order to fix this issue, we’ll need to bring all realms offline tomorrow morning, April 19, starting at 5:00am EDT. We anticipate this maintenance to last approximately 3 hours, and you can expect to see Emperors crowned within a few hours of the servers re-opening. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on April 18, 2019 8:04PM

I think you may have managed to miss, entirely, the point that I was making. I am absolutely not complaining about maintenance. Maybe go back and read the post again.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard not to do it when one of the employees of ZoS kinda tells us to shut up because they don't apreciate waking up early for maintenance. This is a business! They make millions with this game, we pay for it and don't like seeing people who work for the company say they don't want to wake up early and because of that we should not complaint about maintenance time.

Seems to me that what Kai is suggesting is to have some respect when talking about the people who are getting up early to fix the game so that you can play. In other words, pretty much what the person you quoted has said.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't say harsh things about ESO. It's the best game I ever paid not to play.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eweroun wrote: »
    Instead of complaining, maybe read through this post of Kai on the German forum!

admin
    1) Die Wartungsarbeiten haben nichts mit der Aufrüstung des US-Servers gestern zu tun. Nachdem gestern die neuen PvP-Kampagnen geöffnet worden, trat ein Problem auf, durch das keine Kaiserkrönungen mehr stattfinden können. Das wird heute behoben.

2) Ein Beginn um 11 Uhr mag heute unschön sein, weil es teilweise ein Feiertag ist. Es bedeutet aber, dass unser Team, wenn es um 5 Uhr morgens ihrer Zeit die Server herunterfährt, gegen 4 mit den Vorarbeiten beginnt und somit mitten in der Nacht aufsteht. Das ist nicht selbstverständlich und wird nie gewürdigt.

1) the maintenance has nothing to do with the US servers. After we launched the new PvP-campains there was a problem which caused emperors not being able to be crowned. This will be fixed.

2) Starting at 11 o'clock today might be not very cool, because it's a partial public holiday. It does mean, however, that when the servers shut down at 5:00 am, our team starts at around 4am and has to get up in the middle of the night. That is not evident and never appreciated (by employees).

This is something you might think about before starting to complain and behave like an *** yourself.. too bad @ZOS_KaiSchober doesn't post this on the english forums to shut up all you ignorant fools.

Just think about this: Would you like to be awoken because some people ring your door in the middle of the night for an egg (because they're hungry)..

appreciate their work in the first place. I also don't like this maintenance at all..
    • but we don't have queues anymore to enter EU-server
    • better performance ingame

be a bit more thankfull about what they do and you'll be alot happier

have a nice game when the server is up again. I wish every single one of you a great eastern weekend!

You have managed to miss the point entirely. The post isn't complaining about maintenance or the timing of maintenance. I'm also very positive about the game.
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems to me that what Kai is suggesting is to have some respect when talking about the people who are getting up early to fix the game so that you can play. In other words, pretty much what the person you quoted has said.

This is what was posted ( I have no idea if the translation is correct though):

admin

Now what I understood is: if they had to do the maintenance earlier they would have to wake up at 4am. Notice that the maintenance now in EU does not start at 5 am it starts at 9 am, so they would have to start at 8 am, normal hours for work. We are talking about European server here not NA.

This also makes me think why is it ok for employees to wake up at 5 am to do maintenance for NA server but no one does the same for the EU server. I think maintenance might be done remotely or something.
  • everlastingodeb17_ESO
    everlastingodeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol do they show respect for us, the paying costumers? I couldn't care less if they get up early to work, as everyone has done in their lives at least once. The problem with you all is that you don't see this as a business. In your perspective they are doing us a favor so we can play the game... I would agree with you but the game is not free, you have to pay to play, eso+ is a different story.

So stfu and stop complaning about people who complain about the state of a product they pay to have acess to. Ok? Thanks bye bye
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

ZoS makes millions, the people getting up at 3AM to do maintenance are not getting paid millions.

I have a job that I have had to occasionally have to get up at 3AM instead of my normal 6AM. It sucks.

And yes, they have to maintain the servers to keep the game running. Sometimes that means they have to take them offline.

Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on April 19, 2019 1:57PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Wow some of you people are such unappreciative low lifes.

ZoS makes millions, the people getting up at 3AM to do maintenance are not getting paid millions.

I have a job that I have had to occasionally have to get up at 3AM instead of my normal 6AM. It sucks.

No one said it doesn't suck but it's unprofessional on their part to complaint about it when they know people are not happy with how things have been on EU server. It would be better to just be quiet and say nothing.
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a friendly reminder, as several posts have been removed, to keep the thread civil, constructive and on-topic. Also, it’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or like I mentioned previously, the elder scam online, we pay to play but we can't play, therefore a perfect scam in place
    I wonder if someone researched a way to sue ZoS, especially as a ESO+ member, for neverending server issues.
  • everlastingodeb17_ESO
    everlastingodeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    Or like I mentioned previously, the elder scam online, we pay to play but we can't play, therefore a perfect scam in place
    I wonder if someone researched a way to sue ZoS, especially as a ESO+ member, for neverending server issues.

seems a really nice idea to be honest. we would not accept anything similar in any other branch of the society.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a "Hate on ZOS" thread this is.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

seems a really nice idea to be honest. we would not accept anything similar in any other branch of the society.
    In germany, you are allowed to pay less even pay nothing for rent of your apartment if the environment of said apartment doesn't meet the requirements of your rent contract.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    What a "Hate on ZOS" thread this is.

It has nothing to do with hate. ESO+ members are running a subscription but we can't participate in certain contents during "rush hour" due abysmal server performance. See Cyro or dungeons.
    Edited by Facefister on April 19, 2019 2:08PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_RogerJ wrote: »
    Just a friendly reminder, as several posts have been removed, to keep the thread civil, constructive and on-topic. Also, it’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.

Your ctrl+c/v keys must be extremely broken by now
  • everlastingodeb17_ESO
    everlastingodeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

the only thing unaceptable is the server performance
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How 'bout the art of balancing classes? >:)
  • everlastingodeb17_ESO
    everlastingodeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

How 'bout the art of balancing classes? >:)

that is secondary, if the server doesn't perform, then class balance is irrelevant haha
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would love an offline mode where trials and dungeons are disabled but regular zone activities and basic pve zones delves and publics doable offline maybe reduce or disable nodes etc to prevent over farming unchallenged.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would love an offline mode where trials and dungeons are disabled but regular zone activities and basic pve zones delves and publics doable offline maybe reduce or disable nodes etc to prevent over farming unchallenged.
    The cheating and hacking would be rampant.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You cant. You agreed to/accepted the Terms of Service when you started playing.
    In that terms of service, you acknowledge that there will be down time for sever maintenance, ZoS can take down the servers for maintenance as necessary, when necessary and you are not due any compensation for it whatsoever.

If that is unacceptable to anyone, you should have read more carefully before accepting.
    Edited by Katahdin on April 19, 2019 3:35PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In that terms of service, you acknowledge that there will be down time for sever maintenance, ZoS can take down the servers for maintenance as necessary, when necessary and you are not due any compensation for it whatsoever.

If that is unacceptable to anyone, you should have read more carefully before accepting.
    ToS doesn't override local laws. I can accept and still sue them when their practices collide with the local laws. Especially in Germany you can sue, and deny payment/demand compensation, your ISP when service falls below certain treshold.
    Edited by Facefister on April 19, 2019 3:52PM
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I swear this is the last time i write this.

It doesnt matter what ZoS write in there ToS, ToU or EULA it never supercedes consumer law, if people think ZoS is immune to being held to account for taking peoples money and not providing the service they are paying for, then i suggest learning your rights as a consumer.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I swear this is the last time i write this.

It doesnt matter what ZoS write in there ToS, ToU or EULA it never supercedes consumer law, if people think ZoS is immune to being held to account for taking peoples money and not providing the service they are paying for, then i suggest learning your rights as a consumer.

This is true everywhere in the EU at least - not necessarily all areas the EU server covers, just to be clear, but I suspect it’s the same just about everywhere. To evidence the point, there are countless examples of where companies have been successfully sued with a ruling to state that published terms and conditions can not replace statutory rights. Court cases cover everything from vacuum cleaners, to airline bookings, to online services.

I have also said this on forums countless times before: when you pay for a service, you accrue statutory rights that cover areas such as reasonable access, reasonable communication about service levels, and reparation for unreasonable actions on the part of the supplier/service provider. No-one has yet gone to court with an online game provider, but it’s only a matter of time (especially if companies like ZoS continue to ignore their paying customers and assume that the American legal system applies everywhere).

Not that I want ZoS taken to court..... as per my OP, I just want them to get their act together.

(Edit to add final sentence)
    Edited by agegarton on April 20, 2019 8:06AM
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to add one bit of information:

Some time ago, in my country, the court shredded 62 paragraphs of one bank's ToBs (Terms of Bank Service) at once.

So the assumption that they know what they are doing and only wirte what is just is wrong. They just try to get away with it as long as they can.
  • LiraTaurwen
    LiraTaurwen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is almost umplayable right now... skills taking seconds to fire, your health goes down with a delay that is ridiculous, can't even use any pots or heal skills.

with the state of the server it is better to close it altogether.