The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Perfect Vicious Ophidian when?

WikiMeister
WikiMeister
✭✭✭
See above title. Yo, ZOS, how is this fair? I'm all for the standardization of sets, but if magicka DD's are going to receive a Perfected magicka counterpart of a well known stamina trial set, I expect a way to acquire an equally hard earned Perfected variant of VO of the same potency as this. Compare:

This
r4m5a5v1rf5h.png

To this
ga8vaaxhei9l.png

What do you guys think? Should we be bringing some Craglorn trial sets more up to scratch?
AU | NA-PC Beta veteran since 2014. Dies to 999+ latency.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Quick Serpent = Imperfect Vicious Ophidian
    Wise Mage = Imperfect Infallible Aether
    Immortal Warrior = Imperfect Eternal Yokeda Warrior

For all intent and purposes, Vicious Ophidian IS already the perfect version.
    Argonian forever
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at magic perfected version - it's both SD+magicka bonus. Literally whole set pack of bonuses in 5th bonus.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Look at magic perfected version - it's both SD+magicka bonus. Literally whole set pack of bonuses in 5th bonus.

That doesn't change the fact that Quick Serpent is the imperfect VO and that VO is the Perfect Version. It is 1 extra buff over VO and knowing ZOS, they are more likely to remove one of the bonuses from FGD then they are to upgrade VO/IA/EYW into perfect versions; it's less work for them that way, not to mention that FGD is a new set and can be tinkered with all ZOS wants in the PTS, much like they did with the CR sets prior to their release (although the reason differs). Hell, even if FGD makes it thru PTS unscathed, Stamina DPS have long since abandoned VO for sets that perform better than it so it's not as though Magic DPS having a slightly better version of VO makes VO any more or less attractive for Stamina DPS to use and while a Perfect Version offering an extra set bonus might make it more enticing overall, it still won't perform better than what is currently available to Stamina DPS. With the whole Necro being able to active their own synergy + Trapping Web Synergy being extremely effective, Tooth of Lokkestiiz might very well be the next best Stamina DPS set that everyone flocks to and a perfect VO will just be a meh change to something none really cares about anymore.
    Argonian forever
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a bit of a necro post, but - did VO undergo a ninja buff? I can't find anything in Elsweyr patch notes, but now 5pc bonus additionally gives 129 weapon damage. If so, I welcome that change; not a match for perfected FGD yet, but definitely brings it on par with imperfect at least.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good catch !
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    VO already had that weapon damage buff on the 5th bonus. It was just at the bottom of the description of the 5th bonus, so nobody read it.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    VO already had that weapon damage buff on the 5th bonus. It was just at the bottom of the description of the 5th bonus, so nobody read it.

Hm-m, maybe; they might've just changed order of bonuses. It just caught my eye, and I recalled that I saw a thread that discussed VO not being as stat dense as even imperfect FGD, so I started to wonder if it's Elsweyr change - and found this thread.