The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Price Increase?

RomansXI
RomansXI
Soul Shriven
So what's with the price increase of both crowns and eso+ in the Canadian Playstation Store? The increase is not minor in the slightest and we were not notified in anyway that the subscription or crown costs were being raised. Is this a glitch or are these the new prices? If so you got to be joking.

I dont fully remember the exact previous prices of everything but I just recently purchased 5500 crowns for $40 and now I see that they're $53.49?? $20 for a measly 1500 crowns? If you're charging 4k for a basic mount and 1200 for a pet now these prices are sky high and I'm not sure who could reasonably afford them. It's now almost $80 for 6 month subscription to eso+ and $20 a month. Please revert back to the original pricing
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's entirely possible that it's a cost being added by Sony, since it's through their service. Though, yeah, a notice from ZOS would be nice, even if it's a price increase that isn't their own doing, especially since many of their prices really are highway robbery.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They aren't charging 4k crowns for a BASIC mount. You are referring to the Meridian Sabre Cat, which is both limited-time and has special effects. And, just for reference, the Dro-m"Athra senche that was offered not long after the CS launched was 4k Crowns.

But as for the price increase on PS4, I agree with the previous poster that it probably has to do with Sony. Or it could be the conversion rate has changed. Would be interested to know if Canadian XB/PC prices have increased as well.
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need the extra money to up the servers performance, because as already paying customers, with expansion, DLC, ESO+ and crown purchases its not enough.

Remember there only here to fleece you of that IRL money.
    Edited by Sanctuary_Reaper on April 12, 2019 2:57PM
  • RomansXI
    RomansXI
    Soul Shriven
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    They aren't charging 4k crowns for a BASIC mount. You are referring to the Meridian Sabre Cat, which is both limited-time and has special effects. And, just for reference, the Dro-m"Athra senche that was offered not long after the CS launched was 4k Crowns.

But as for the price increase on PS4, I agree with the previous poster that it probably has to do with Sony. Or it could be the conversion rate has changed. Would be interested to know if Canadian XB/PC prices have increased as well.

I am referring to the sabre cat, however the Dro Mathra Senche was 4k crowns and had a special summoning and roar effect whereas this sabre cat is 4k and does nothing but glow. Thus making it basic in comparison.
  • DynastyIXII
    DynastyIXII
    ✭✭✭
    It increase is to much. $20 a month a ESO plus or for 1500 crowns is to much for me to keep paying. After 4yrs looks like I'll have to cancel.
    PS4 NA
  • Kimberlin
    Kimberlin
    ✭✭
    I was doing some looking around and it appears that the price was already raised before console release on PC as this post is from March 2015 and the console version launched in June 2015

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/157914/price-adjustment-for-canadian-players

so appears the PS4 users got a discount for 4 years then was raised up to match PC price
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need the extra money to up the servers performance, because as already paying customers, with expansion, DLC, ESO+ and crown purchases its not enough.

Remember there only here to fleece you of that IRL money.

Manufacturers can only suggest what retailers charge. They can't fix prices or demand that retailers charge more or charge less.
    Canadian Playstation Store can charge whatever they feel is reasonable. This is not a ZOS issue.
    signing off
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just noticed these increases. Was at store about to buy month sub and see it's increased almost 34%. No thanks. So ZOS raises price on month sub 34% after only increasing crowns with sub by 10%. ZOS was very loud about the crowns increase but failed to mention that they are only doing this to raise future sub prices by a much greater amount.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some warning on this would've been great customer service. The only way I found out is because my auto renewal on ESO+ was disabled by PSN so that I'd be forced to re-subscribe at the new rate. 😒
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just lost ESO Plus as well and was trying to figure out why it didn’t auto renew... now I see that the cost has been stealth increased for us Canucks. I would REALLY like to know why.
  • DuckInRealLife
    DuckInRealLife
    ✭✭✭
    You suffer from the same thing Australians do, except we're sitting at 1 dollar is 65 cents US.
    Prices haven't changed but fluctuation of economy has.

It's just the reality of not living in the same region.
    21k crowns is $200 AUD, So I took advantage of it being $110 AUD at the Easter sale.

On top of this, if youre using PayPal that's an extra 2 cents per dollar as their commission.
    Edited by DuckInRealLife on May 1, 2019 1:15AM
  • Grandesdar
    Grandesdar
    ✭✭✭
    It's about Sony, steam prices are almost still the same for me but the prices of every ESO MCX has increased by 50 percent last summer after my currency lost much value.
    Edited by Grandesdar on May 2, 2019 8:03AM
    Main: The Charismatic StamDK DD
    Side: A Handsome Warden Healer
    Side: (upcoming) Stam Necro DD
    CP: 680
    EU PSN: Style3513