Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How do you defeat skull and bone monsters?

Sega4life
Sega4life
✭✭
I need about 3 to 5 people to defeat these types of strong monsters. Is there a group that I can join? I am after Achievements so any suggestions or advice would be helpful. This community has been extremely helpful.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sega4life wrote: »
    I need about 3 to 5 people to defeat these types of strong monsters. Is there a group that I can join? I am after Achievements so any suggestions or advice would be helpful. This community has been extremely helpful.

Do you mean the large ones that summon regular skeletons every so often? The ones that show up as mobs in some public dungeons and occasionally roaming around in some zones?

Assuming so for now, the strategy is to move out the big telegraphed attack it does every so often, and kill the regular skeletons as soon as they spawn. If it's a regular attack not one with a telegraph, hold block when it is about it hit. Most important is to keep moving. You can do all attacks while moving. AOE (Area of Effect) attacks can help with the skeletons. If the monster still hits you for a lot of damage when moving out of telegraphs and blocking regular damage, slot a heal. These can be tricky until you get used to them and gain new abilities and make stronger attacks.

If it's a boss on a map with a skull, that usually take multiple people. Same for some of the bosses in public dungeons that have the same character model. Players with lots of Champion Points, good gear, and practice might take those down on their own but there is nothing wrong with asking for help.

You can try to get a group by asking in zone or using the group finder (unless they took the option to group for overland content out).
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Sega4life
    Sega4life
    ✭✭
    Thank you 😸
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    I just ask for help in zone chat, stating which boss I need help with. 9 times out of 10 people show up to help!
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    You probably are low level, it's normal, when i normally attack him, i made a Agro Attack (Dealling damage in area) so it can give a little damage to him, and kill all skeletons he summons, normally with Endless Hail.
    I also give a Damage over time Attack on him for extra damage while attack, normally Poison Injection.
    After all that i put my Daggers on and give a Direct Damage attack, normally Rending Slashes.
    5x Direct Damage Attacks and BOOM he's dead, that's done in almost 30s.
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    And if it's a Group Boss, the name already say everything, you need a Group, unless 2 things, we're a Tank, you can solo if you're good or you're a MagSorc and have a Pet build you can let your Pets deal with it LIKE A BOSS and go get some coffe. For most player, basically GO FIND A GROUP, just post on the Zone chat: LF GROUP TO FARM WB, it means Looking For a Group to Farm World Bosses, someone probably will answer you
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incidentally finding a group doesn't have to be a big commitment or require you to arrange anything in advance. When I'm playing solo and I come across something I can't kill on my own, like a world boss or public dungeon boss, I'll either wait there for other people to show up or ask in zone chat if anyone is coming or would be willing to come and help. We don't actually join a party and as soon as it's dead we go our separate ways again, so it's basically like playing solo...just with other people around.

That might not be an issue for everyone, but I know some people get very nervous at the idea of forming a group with strangers, so I thought I'd mention it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"