The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

By group size playing in, do you support faction locks.

Haashhtaag
Haashhtaag
✭✭✭✭✭
We have a thread by time played so now let’s break down by group size you play in and your support for faction locks.

The options will be yes or no and will have various group sizes to choose between.
Edited by Haashhtaag on April 8, 2019 1:49PM

By group size playing in, do you support faction locks. 94 votes

Yes, 1-5 people
21% 20 votes
No, 1-5 people
27% 26 votes
Yes, 6-11 people
7% 7 votes
No, 6-11 people
12% 12 votes
Yes, 12-16 people
7% 7 votes
No, 12-16 people
9% 9 votes
Yes, 17+ people
9% 9 votes
No, 17+ people
4% 4 votes
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I simply don't care.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really how many more pointless polls are we going to have on this subject, its happening get on board or go find another game that doesn't upset you as much
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fail to see the point of this poll. It is meaningless what size group people run with.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, 1-5 people
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually if you got a little better representative sample you could do a correlation curve but the last poll only had 121 respondents, so not that representative considering how many people actually pvp. However, it appears with an approximate 2% difference in categories between for and against.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By 1 to 5 do you mean actually 1 to 5 or iM sOlO BrO while there is a whole zerg they are surfing?
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its happening get on board or go find another game that doesn't upset you as much

Mhmmmmmm
    If only all the pro-lock screamers on the forums all these years listened to you, we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By 1 to 5 do you mean actually 1 to 5 or iM sOlO BrO while there is a whole zerg they are surfing?

Me particular I mean 1-5 players. You know the people I play with. I can’t speak for others who enjoy a nice wave.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

Me particular I mean 1-5 players. You know the people I play with. I can’t speak for others who enjoy a nice wave.

And this alone discredits the poll. A solo player is very different than a small group player, yet you lumped them together., It is like saying women and men are basically the same when they clearly are not.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord of the Flies Online.

Next idea for a poll:

By the importance of the arbitrary rules of your peer group, do you support faction locks.
    Edited by zyk on April 9, 2019 2:11PM
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play in all of those group sizes. Ima group size swapper.
    Edited by Ranger209 on April 8, 2019 5:43PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Lord of the Flies Online.

Next idea for a poll:

By the importance of the arbitrary rules of your peer group are, do you support faction locks.

For the love of the divines and everything holy. please do not offer them any ideas. lol
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, what we need are a few more threads designed to allow the players who are upset about locks to vent. I vote we have a minimum of five more threads on this issue as we certainly don't have enough now.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    Honestly, what we need are a few more threads designed to allow the players who are upset about locks to vent. I vote we have a minimum of five more threads on this issue as we certainly don't have enough now.

Considering the amount of faction lock threads we've had these last 6 months, I don't really think that you're in a position to complain.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock will kill Cyrodiil even more, especially off prime-time. It will also lead to more trolling, because people will be bored and not able to log over to play with their friends. I also expect emp swapping to become a thing again. Big raid guilds who usually push the map will be in control, it will be much less democratic and much less balanced.

We don't have to wonder how awful it will be, those of us who played before One Tamriel already know.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »

Considering the amount of faction lock threads we've had these last 6 months, I don't really think that you're in a position to complain.

"I" wouldn't be in a position to complain of repetitive threads on the same issue- why exactly? Please elaborate on why this is the case.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would be very surprised if people playing in a group of 1 to 5 most of the time would agree with faction locks (winning the campaign) because you can't capture objectives with 5 players. lol
    Edited by frozywozy on April 9, 2019 1:28PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deleted.
    Edited by Ahtu on April 9, 2019 1:35PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no IDGAF option?

Or how about "Can we please make just one damn thread in this forum with a different subject?"
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone who smallscales, I absolutely resent being lumped in the same group as those 5man zergers.

on-topic: idgaf about faction locks but they seem really stupid and will only inconvenience players. not sure what ZoS was thinking with this one but not gonna bother finding out.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What seriously amazes me is the amount of complaining going on about this. I mean, not all of these servers are faction locked. Yet, people seem to be saying, "But I don't want THAT server. I want THAT server!!!!" Does anyone else besides me see this as a very childish argument?

Let say for arguments sake, that you really do just "want to play with friends". This is easy. Just go to a server where you both can play how ever you want. Problem solved.

I am really glad ZOS has at least given us the option to chose what we want. In this age where everyone is screaming for choice, I would think most people would really want this diversity. Or maybe it isn't the majority that are really against it. Maybe it's just a few loud mouths who are trying to drown out any opinion that doesn't match their own. Geez. Don't we get that enough in real life? Do we really need to have it in our zone chats and forums for a video game?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why are these threads being spammed?
    again, this is all about the fact that this forum is only a very small percentage of people that have accounts, if you want to see what people really think about changes of things in eso then you have to send each of them an email at their @account name.
    very few people come to the eso forums, let alone read all the threads let alone even vote in certain threads.
    these threads are unnecessary.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »
    What seriously amazes me is the amount of complaining going on about this. I mean, not all of these servers are faction locked. Yet, people seem to be saying, "But I don't want THAT server. I want THAT server!!!!" Does anyone else besides me see this as a very childish argument?

That shoe fits on the other foot just as easily. If which server doesn't matter, then put the faction lock on the 7-day and leave the 30-day campaigns alone.
    Let say for arguments sake, that you really do just "want to play with friends". This is easy. Just go to a server where you both can play how ever you want. Problem solved.

Except you can't play at all, because the populations are dead except the flagship 30-day campaign outside of primetime. If there were enough people to fill every campaign around the clock, this wouldn't be an issue. There are not enough people to split up except for prime time.
    I am really glad ZOS has at least given us the option to chose what we want. In this age where everyone is screaming for choice, I would think most people would really want this diversity. Or maybe it isn't the majority that are really against it. Maybe it's just a few loud mouths who are trying to drown out any opinion that doesn't match their own. Geez. Don't we get that enough in real life? Do we really need to have it in our zone chats and forums for a video game?

Then try the lock on the 7-day campaign, or make a second 30-day locked campaign, so people can "opt in" if they want to. There is no choice if it's forced on us.
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on April 18, 2019 3:11PM
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the RP Score chasers in their lag infested 30 day. Welcoming good fights to the open 7 day.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play anywhere from 1-12 people, been playing since launch and I have two 5 stars. I personally don't care a ton for scoring I just like to kill people in player vs player.

however im not sure why people want faction lock... do they think it will prevent spies? help ur alliance win? because it wont. and spies aren't even a thing. its been the same map since launch... we all know where the zergs are going to go.

and if we are going back to faction lock then why don't we revert the ap gains too? 25ap for resource, 100 ap for keeps and x amount for killing players. That way people wouldn't take 24+ people to all the back keeps to flip empty castle for free ap. That's the real campaign killer