The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Can I transfer my ESO PC game to Steam?

Esoriel
Esoriel
✭✭
I bought ESO for PC back in 2014 from Best Buy. I didn't play very long and have just recently decided to start playing again with a friend of mine. They bought their copy on Steam and I was wondering if it is possible to have my PC copy on Steam also without having to purchase the game again. Sorry if this is the wrong forum also. I wasn't sure where to ask this.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can at least link it but you would be well advised to keep your ESO game as far away from Steam as possible given the very regular outages that are steam specific.

I don’t know if you’ll lose your ability to log in directly or it that will be taken away later. The risk is to high imo but that’s just my oppinion. I’m sure others can share their specific experience.

So yes. At your own risk and peril.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't transfer it to Steam. You can purchase a second account on Steam and link it to your first account, but I don't know why anyone wants to do that because Steam ESO users have so many added login/update difficulties.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a Steam Fan so keep that in mind when I say this:

Keep ESO as far away from Steam as you can. Steam does nothing for this game, you cant see your achievements in Steam, and finally, Steam will give you frequent log in outages that last for days.

TL:DR Do not link or buy this game through Steam or you will just hate your self, spend your mornings crying in your corn flakes and your days wondering why you did not listen to me.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why you both need to be on Steam to play the game but there is an option to add a non-steam game to your steam library. Open steam and at the top in the 'Games' dropdown menu is that option.

I am one of the lucky people who, only once, ever had an issue with logging in through Steam. That was over a year ago.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️