The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Race for Necromancer? (One that'd be decent for all three roles?)

• Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going Breton due to the magicka sustain and also the aesthetics. I've already "made" my character and noted the slider positions so I can recreate him fast when the expansion launches :)
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im thinking between breton and dunmer i cant decide help plz...
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajits are the best dps necromancer both stamina and magicka due to the crit chance on execute necromancer has, along with crit damage khajit gets its too good to miss
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An Orc with the wedding dress... Is anything more evil than that?!
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say Dunmer (Dark Elf), because not only do you get bonuses to both stamina and magicka, you also have fire resistance which is useful in some dungeons.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajits are the best dps necromancer both stamina and magicka due to the crit chance on execute necromancer has, along with crit damage khajit gets its too good to miss

Is it really that much better? Genuinely asking. Sustain isn't a problem with the Khajiit? I only made a Breton Necromancer to test, so?
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who sees the thread title and thinks it's a charity event? "It's the 2019 Race For Necromancer! And what a crowd has gathered to encourage these people to give a chance for would-be necromancers to fulfill their dreams one day."

But I would say Dunmer or Imperial, Dunmer for being generalist and Imperials for having advantages which can provide some unusual advantages like the ultimate cost reduction.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it really that much better? Genuinely asking. Sustain isn't a problem with the Khajiit? I only made a Breton Necromancer to test, so?

Technically with a single spell cost reduction on Khajiit you will have more or less exact same sustain as Breton with still higher damage.
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »
    An Orc with the wedding dress... Is anything more evil than that?!

The same orc without dress...
    Edited by Runkorko on May 19, 2019 8:00PM
  • Karda222
    Karda222
    ✭✭
    So Dunmer is Dark Elf .... Eeesh i had to check wiki for that.
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karda222 wrote: »
    So Dunmer is Dark Elf .... Eeesh i had to check wiki for that.

necroing a necro thread. nice :trollface:
    PC EU
  • Rasande_Robin
    Rasande_Robin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say Imperial but that is just me.
    PC/EU: Orcana "something"-stone
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just because it's a Necro thread, doesn't mean you should Necro the thread.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khajiit and dunmer fit probably the best for all 3 roles... khajiit gets crit damage and necros can have high crit chance
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit if you're building for crit. Imperial for anything else.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZonasArch wrote: »
    Just because it's a Necro thread, doesn't mean you should Necro the thread.

But the OP must of made up their mind by now....Just saying

• Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The mighty HIGH ELF!!!

giphy.gif

Edited by Chaos2088 on January 24, 2020 7:25PM
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go redgaurd to pi$$ off tu'whacca

I actully wanted to go redgaurd but sadly already had 4 of them so went with orc cuz I didn't had orc :disappointed:
    Edited by r34lian on January 24, 2020 7:55PM
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only Necro is a Dunmer; I created him when Elsweyr dropped. But I've been so uninterested in playing him that after all this time he's only level 45.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Racial passives can be a trap.

Some racial passives have changed so drastically that many players who previously loved those characters, now hate them, eg. Bosmer, Altmer.

Other races who were dreadful forever have been supremely buffed, eg. khajiit. For Elsweyr. Cos last year ZO wanted everyone to play kitties.

With Skyrim being the region of the year, no-one should be surprised if Nord racials are buffed.

Lore wise it works. Nords are one of the races less bothered by necromancy.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dunmer. They are basically advertised as the race that can adapt to anything.

Not BiS but pretty much good at everything.

Fire resistance is nice to have of course.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial.
    Some necro skills scale from health no matter what focus you choose. And imperials are the best looking humans in this game.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make two. Doing the easier parts of leveling all over again is probably easier than getting enough skill points on one character to make it easy to switch between all roles.
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh boi I got jebaited
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton