The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New dungeons so unpopular there is a queue time for tank.

lokulin
lokulin
✭✭✭✭✭
Even on the day Frost Vault is the pledge.

csiUrc5.png

And when I finally get in one of the dps quits straight away. Good times.
I've hidden your signature.
  • Aralon
    Aralon
    ✭✭
    DLC dungeons are known for being hard, I avoid them likethe plague when I need to pug pledges.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get a pretty long queue as well, and thats even on normal. And yes, as a tank. I tried to do malatar and frostvault both. They must really see very little action when I as a tank have to wait 10+ mins for a group.
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why they persist in making these harder dungeons when people just run them once, get sick of them, and then never run them again.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lokulin wrote: »
    I don't know why they persist in making these harder dungeons when people just run them once, get sick of them, and then never run them again.

Why can't you just run it on normal?
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it is really about people being tired of them. When I am at the entrance there's always plenty of people around, so people are doing them...

I just think people don't want to do them via group finder (or in other words, with pugs).
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People are running them. They’re just not using group finder.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, that is what came up in the Dailies yesterday that I didn't recognize. Depths of Malatar. Sorry I only do the ones that can be soloed on Normal.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »

Why can't you just run it on normal?

Have done it a few times on normal and would like to do it on vet as normal isn't a challenge for me.
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »

Well that is a shame then. Look I don't expect a smooth, flawless, no death, hard mode, speed run when running with a group from the group finder but if people are actively avoiding the group finder for these dungeons then there is something seriously wrong with either the group finder or the difficulty balance in this game.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because it fits their model. They promised to give access to DLC with ESO+ and they can be purchased permanently with the free crowns subscribers get . DLC Dungeons take very little effort to make in comparison to a new Zone. If they make them Hard they don't have to allocate as much resources to them as they would a new zone. I'd say that is why they made chapters separate from DLCs so they could force additional cash flow to cover development costs, maintenance costs, and profit. I'd say if they could get away with it all DLC would be dungeons and all zones would be chapters.
    Edited by Casdha on April 1, 2019 12:26PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they reduced the difficulty in dungeons (or you get some kind of buff when you are under a certain cp treshhold) when pugging through groupfinder....or give an option for cp 500+ pugging or something like that
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on April 1, 2019 12:34PM
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they reduced the difficulty in dungeons
    Yes, hello! Blessings of the Mad God! Last 3 patches were all about nerfing dlc dungeons!
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well that is a shame then. Look I don't expect a smooth, flawless, no death, hard mode, speed run when running with a group from the group finder but if people are actively avoiding the group finder for these dungeons then there is something seriously wrong with either the group finder or the difficulty balance in this game.

Well your in luck because the older they get the more they get nerfed. Ask WGT. So just wait a few years LOL. In the meantime, I’m enjoying them with my guildies.
    Find 3 friends and try to run them regularly together and you’ll be amazed how much better you get. Get social.
    Edited by MattT1988 on April 1, 2019 12:45PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, complaining about a 6 minute queue time. Yes, I know tanks often get instant pops but it does seem odd complaining at 6 minutes.

Beyond that it is not a good idea to queue for the newest dungeons in vet since many do not know the mechanics. Most players avoid it via GF since it is just asking for trouble.

It is best to form ones own group and especially from a guild that raids to ensure you get players who can handle actual mechanics. Otherwise you are just asking to get a stam player who says he does not have an interrupt. Yes, it has happened that I have gotten a bone head player who actually thought they did not have an interrupt.
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Find 3 friends.

Easier said than done. :smile:

Most of my friend roster has quit over the last year. Guess I'll have to go back to waiting for nerfs. :neutral:
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Wow, complaining about a 6 minute queue time. Yes, I know tanks often get instant pops but it does seem odd complaining at 6 minutes.

Beyond that it is not a good idea to queue for the newest dungeons in vet since many do not know the mechanics. Most players avoid it via GF since it is just asking for trouble.

It is best to form ones own group and especially from a guild that raids to ensure you get players who can handle actual mechanics. Otherwise you are just asking to get a stam player who says he does not have an interrupt. Yes, it has happened that I have gotten a bone head player who actually thought they did not have an interrupt.

Not complaining about the queue time, just making the observation that back in the day even on DLC I used to get instant queue pop as tank and still complete the dungeon 80% of the time. Seems to be a wait followed by an 80% chance that we won't complete these days. I'd suggest breaking up the queue into vet and vet DLC but I don't think that would change anything.
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As a tank you were waiting on a healer. Yes, I know it was a DPS you said who dropped, but it was the healer you were waiting on to queue.

Tanks and healers are rare to get in the vet DLC, and, sadly, that has a lot to do with the DPS they tend to find in the queue.

As another said, tanks and healers are doing them, just not PUGging them.

IMO, it isn't the difficulty balance (i.e., that DLC dungeons are harder, as there needs to be hard content), but rather that the margin in performance is so bloody great. I saw some ... interesting ... things in 2 different vetBC1 runs last night. (But, hey, that's part of what I find fun in a PUG to be fair).
    Edited by witchdoctor on April 1, 2019 12:52PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the point of running them (vet DLC) as a pledge in a queue. The odds of getting 2 keys from a group finder are about 0.0001%. Just swap toons and run the easier ones again.

If you want the gear, run it on normal.

If you want the helm, you run it once maybe twice, usually with a premade.

If you want achievements, you usually run it with a premade.

In all 3 scenarios, nobody is running it on vet with a pug unless they are crazy or just want to roll those dice and try for the 0.0001% that can complete vHM in a pug.

I agree with the others that these dungeons need to go. Having half the total content each year dedicated to the top 0.5% of the game is math that doesn't work and even a preschooler knows that.
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People do enjoy them, but Group Finder is not our tool of choice to run them. 1) because it's broken anyway and ZOS can't be bothered to fix it, 2) quality of groups is variable.

I run DLC a lot with my guild, but we always have a pre-formed group.
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are harder and longer so people want to do we good players and form groups and no use group finder
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game has tooooo many easy dungeons and areas as it is
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not complaining about the queue time, just making the observation that back in the day even on DLC I used to get instant queue pop as tank and still complete the dungeon 80% of the time. Seems to be a wait followed by an 80% chance that we won't complete these days. I'd suggest breaking up the queue into vet and vet DLC but I don't think that would change anything.

IDk about that, not on vet. As they have a nerfed the older vet dungeons yes, but not at the start.

The original DLC dungeons are a great example. After I had cleared it multiple times, including HM, I found a random group just failed at the mechanics. It was something that experience players avoided and in zone players would require linking the proof of a previous clear. It was, and is, a bad idea to use GF for the newer vet DLC dungeon.

So in the end, most players who can clear it are in decent guilds and avoid GF or at least total random groups in GF. They have a source of quality players as I would expect you have. Use them.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, Wrathstone is the by far easiest dungeon DLC so far. :*
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    Honestly, Wrathstone is the by far easiest dungeon DLC so far. :*

It's role dependent etc, but I guess thing is not about easiness, they are simply irritating after several runs.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difficulty balance is definitely the problem. Hard mode should remain hard mode for the top tier players, but regular vet does need to be stepped down so there isn’t such a huge difficulty gap between normal and vet. People are avoiding the dlc dungeons for a reason and to think it isn’t because of the difficulty is wishful thinking. They just aren’t worth running with a pug compared to the non-dlc dungeons that are lighter on mechanics.

I think most people just want to burn the boss down and be done so they can get their keys and move on to something else. Doing vet hm on non-dlc dungeons is quick and easy. Not so with the dlc ones.
    Edited by Tholian1 on April 1, 2019 1:16PM
    PS4 Pro NA
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IDk about that, not on vet. As they have a nerfed the older vet dungeons yes, but not at the start.

The original DLC dungeons are a great example. After I had cleared it multiple times, including HM, I found a random group just failed at the mechanics. It was something that experience players avoided and in zone players would require linking the proof of a previous clear. It was, and is, a bad idea to use GF for the newer vet DLC dungeon.

So in the end, most players who can clear it are in decent guilds and avoid GF or at least total random groups in GF. They have a source of quality players as I would expect you have. Use them.

Maybe it is just the time of day I play but I often ask in guild and get *crickets*.
  • tuxon
    tuxon
    ✭✭✭✭
    1.They are not hard at all.

2.You don't need a healer to do 4-man dungeons (healers in ESO are only needed in Trials, sadly)

3.I do not recommend using Dungeon Finder but rather go ask in zone chat in Craglorn. 5-10 minutes and you have a good group.

4.WHO WOULD EVEN complain about difficulty??? The only difficult thing in DLC dungeons you can face is last boss HardMode apart from it any vet DLC dungeon runs absolutely smooth with two good DDs and when you have 3 DDs 40-50+k DPS and a self-sustainable tank you just dont notice mobs at all.

CONCLUDING that all, I can tell that ZOS needs to somehow make healers MORE relevant instead of reducing dungeons difficulty. Make them some kind of absolutely needed support for all members (Orbs are not that useful in 4man Dungeons) And if a tank is not self-sustainable he is considered a BAD tank. See what I'm talking about?

Resdayniil kan tarcel
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of players prefers to run pledges with guild mates. PUG may sometimes lead into somewhere most of us don't wish to go.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What... nobody wants to play with lasers?

:D
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have not ran the newer half dozen dungeons more than a couple of times each. In fact if i get them i usually take a deserter hit because i dont want a raid style/ length dungeon. If i wanted that i would do a trial.