I have been having trouble finding an lgbtqia+ social guild
that is very specifically ONLY
for people that don't know how to play
the game and don't WANT to know how to play the game. Surely there are people who just want to get together and spam our favorite random spells at a boss and then all die together and have a good laugh over it because none of us remembered to do any heals. THAT's the q-u-e-e-r misfit crowd (I'm a bit hurt that the word q-u-e-e-r is censored)
I'm looking for. Are you out there?
We have: No guild trader, no homes, no skillz, no give-a-damn
(except about having fun)
You can be cp1000+ or lvl 1, as long as you enjoy a nice failed mission together (or just want to chat with nice q-u-e-e-r-s while you fish or pick a totally unnecessary amount of jute).
We are just really not up for playing the "right" way.
[Please keep in mind that since this guild has a handful of members at the moment, only people who can break out of the "useless lesbian" trope need apply (see rule #4)]
Anyway, if you have a moment, take a glance through the rules and tell me what you think.
Message me in game to join: @guantou
Here's the cut-and-past from the discord #rules channel. What do you think?
Welcome to the Q-u-e-e-r Misfits Social Guild!
We are NOT your go-to guild for skillz, master crafters and cool looking acronyms.
We are the guild where your "role" is always set to "I'll do whatever feels fun at the time", whether that's seeing how many enemies you can collect behind you in a conga line, or being the member of the party that contributes to the boss battle by jumping around in circles and chatting about the non-binary cutie you're crushing on. (Hey, not dying is a legit important role to play too! But, if you die, that's also okay, as long as we can all laugh about it)
I'll try to keep the rules
as basic as possible:
- 1) No elitism. No elitism. No elitism. If you have skillz, please share them with your other guilds, we are just here to chat and play.
- 2) No judgment. We are LGBTQIA+ friendly AND newbie friendly AND Social Anxiety Accepting. (experienced players are also welcome, it's the attitude that matters)
- 3) Try to keep it family friendly, please.
- 4) Make the first move! Don't wait for someone else to invite you.
We all have to put a little extra effort into breaking out of our shell and letting each other know that we are interested in hanging out together, otherwise this guild will quickly die a very quiet, ghost-y death.
- 4) The word "q-u-e-e-r" is special to us. Please don't tell us that you hate that word. It's the only word that many of us feel comfortable using. You don't need to identify as q-u-e-e-r in order to be in this guild, but please don't try to take it from the rest of us.
- 5) Yes, allies are welcome, too.
- 6) If you get frustrated with new or "poor" players, you are in the wrong guild. Raging/Whining/Sulking is not okay. Also, see number 1.
So.. I know everyone thinks they're a nice person so any guild would want them, but ... have you ever muttered a curse under your breath when your teammates weren't holding up their end? Have you raised your voice in game to instruct people who were making silly mistakes? If so, this guild is absolutely NOT for you. This guild is the opposite of that. So... you know, go away, please.