Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Q-u-e-e-r Misfits - LGBT, newby's-forever, PvNothing, silly/playful, Social/Social anxiety guild.

guantou
guantou
I have been having trouble finding an lgbtqia+ social guild that is very specifically ONLY for people that don't know how to play the game and don't WANT to know how to play the game. Surely there are people who just want to get together and spam our favorite random spells at a boss and then all die together and have a good laugh over it because none of us remembered to do any heals. THAT's the q-u-e-e-r misfit crowd (I'm a bit hurt that the word q-u-e-e-r is censored) I'm looking for. Are you out there?

We have: No guild trader, no homes, no skillz, no give-a-damn (except about having fun)

You can be cp1000+ or lvl 1, as long as you enjoy a nice failed mission together (or just want to chat with nice q-u-e-e-r-s while you fish or pick a totally unnecessary amount of jute).

We are just really not up for playing the "right" way.

[Please keep in mind that since this guild has a handful of members at the moment, only people who can break out of the "useless lesbian" trope need apply (see rule #4)]

Anyway, if you have a moment, take a glance through the rules and tell me what you think.

Message me in game to join: @guantou

Here's the cut-and-past from the discord #rules channel. What do you think?

===================================
Welcome to the Q-u-e-e-r Misfits Social Guild!
===================================

We are NOT your go-to guild for skillz, master crafters and cool looking acronyms.

We are the guild where your "role" is always set to "I'll do whatever feels fun at the time", whether that's seeing how many enemies you can collect behind you in a conga line, or being the member of the party that contributes to the boss battle by jumping around in circles and chatting about the non-binary cutie you're crushing on. (Hey, not dying is a legit important role to play too! But, if you die, that's also okay, as long as we can all laugh about it)

I'll try to keep the rules as basic as possible:
=============================
  • 1) No elitism. No elitism. No elitism. If you have skillz, please share them with your other guilds, we are just here to chat and play.
  • 2) No judgment. We are LGBTQIA+ friendly AND newbie friendly AND Social Anxiety Accepting. (experienced players are also welcome, it's the attitude that matters)
  • 3) Try to keep it family friendly, please.
  • 4) Make the first move! Don't wait for someone else to invite you.

We all have to put a little extra effort into breaking out of our shell and letting each other know that we are interested in hanging out together, otherwise this guild will quickly die a very quiet, ghost-y death.
  • 4) The word "q-u-e-e-r" is special to us. Please don't tell us that you hate that word. It's the only word that many of us feel comfortable using. You don't need to identify as q-u-e-e-r in order to be in this guild, but please don't try to take it from the rest of us.
  • 5) Yes, allies are welcome, too.
  • 6) If you get frustrated with new or "poor" players, you are in the wrong guild. Raging/Whining/Sulking is not okay. Also, see number 1.

So.. I know everyone thinks they're a nice person so any guild would want them, but ... have you ever muttered a curse under your breath when your teammates weren't holding up their end? Have you raised your voice in game to instruct people who were making silly mistakes? If so, this guild is absolutely NOT for you. This guild is the opposite of that. So... you know, go away, please.
Edited by guantou on April 17, 2019 4:07AM
  • guantou
    guantou
    oo! We have a few members now. That's pretty exciting! Thank you to everyone that read this post. If you tried to reach me in game but I didn't reply, please try again. I'm still getting the hang of scanning the chat box regularly.

EDIT: You can also just post your ESO @name in this thread if you prefer. Or message me @guantou in game. Either way works.
    We have a really great little group going now. It's been really fun getting to know everyone.
    Edited by guantou on April 12, 2019 11:35PM
  • Mimidream
    Mimidream
    Soul Shriven
    How do I join the guild ? I’m in the NA server on PS4 and my PSN is unicorncake69
    could someone add me ?this guild sounds amaaaazing :smile:
  • guantou
    guantou
    @Mimidream: We are pc users. I'm not sure how to add a person using their PSN. I tried sending an invite in game to @unicorncake69 but it said "account not found". What is your in game user name? I'll gladly send an invite. (Or just message me in game at @guantou. We'd be glad to have you.
  • guantou
    guantou
    Bump to let you know that we are definitely still accepting new members. (Just don't expect there to be tons of chatter in this public thread about it because it's public...and we're not. Woo hoo! Social anxieties!)

We can't wait to meet more misfits.
  • guantou
    guantou
    Bump because we looove you
  • crazymerc22
    crazymerc22
    Soul Shriven
    Hey :) Joining the guild sounds like it would be fun! My in-game name is @Crazymerc22 I tried messaging you in game, but it kept telling me 'Account not Found'
  • guantou
    guantou
    Hey :) Joining the guild sounds like it would be fun! My in-game name is @Crazymerc22 I tried messaging you in game, but it kept telling me 'Account not Found'

Oooo... I did get your friend request though. I didn't know people couldn't send me messages when I'm offline. Thanks for posting in here. Definitely helps us find you. I hope others haven't missed out due to being unable to reach me.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to join your guild. Sounds very non-elitist and loads of fun! I am @Maxwell15

I will also try to message you when I load the game.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • octobersopals
    octobersopals
    Soul Shriven
    This sounds super fun! I would love to be a part of your guild! I'm @octobersopals
    I look forward to joining!! :)

I will also attempt to message in game...
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @guantou

Thanks for the invite. It was nice meeting you today and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • guantou
    guantou
    This sounds super fun! I would love to be a part of your guild! I'm @octobersopals
    I look forward to joining!! :)

I will also attempt to message in game...

Have sent you an invite. See you soon!
  • guantou
    guantou
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    @guantou

Thanks for the invite. It was nice meeting you today and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Thanks, it was nice to meet you too.
  • Syb_ill
    Syb_ill
    This is exactly the guild I was looking for.

@Syb_ill
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello. I have been playing ESO since BETA, mostly solo. I don't have a home guild and I am mostly a casual pve/pvp player who likes housing and just doing random junk.

My IGN is @makinoji
  • guantou
    guantou
    @Syb_ill and @makinoji, I've sent both of you invites to our guild. See you in the guild!

• guantou
    guantou
    June 15th update: Definitely still recruiting new members. We'd love to meet you.
  • guantou
    guantou
    June 26th 2019 Update: We are still recruiting but be warned that our guild leader (ie: me) is just absolutely non-existent and constantly hiding away in single player games. So we would LOVE to have you but the guild will seem super quiet unless you reach out to the other guildies in our discord channel to meet up and game together.

Discord is pretty important if you want to get anything out of being in this guild.
  • Azuzza
    Azuzza
    Soul Shriven
    Sounds like the place for me @IceBreaker79
  • guantou
    guantou
    Azuzza wrote: »
    Sounds like the place for me @IceBreaker79

Invitation has been sent. Thanks for joining!
  • Kilp1110
    Kilp1110
    Soul Shriven
    The rules sound very funny, I like it.

I'd like to join your guild. :)

@Kilp1110
  • lolvrangsinn
    lolvrangsinn
    ✭✭
    Hey, saw you guys advertising the other day, and been trying to find you again since. Sounds like a great guild. Invite me, please. @lolvrangsinn

Have a good day! ^^
  • FeeltheBeat
    FeeltheBeat
    Soul Shriven
    Hey, if you guys are still open, I'd like to join! I'm under @FeeltheBeat in game. <3
  • fluffypandaguy
    if you guys are still recruiting add me @fluffypandaguy
  • guantou
    guantou
    Invitations have been sent! Glad to have you :-)
  • iamti1701
    iamti1701
    Soul Shriven
    hi plz add me @iamti1701
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to join. Please. ig is makinoji
  • unclesheosnephew
    unclesheosnephew
    ✭✭✭
    wait in all seriousness I thought *** is deragatory?
  • rptrainer
    rptrainer
    ✭✭
    Wow sounds like a fun guild. Social anxiety :smiley: that's my thing :wink: Do you guys teach newbies for dungeon runs? Anyway @rptrainer4044 ign
  • calitrumanb14_ESO
    calitrumanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Please invite @calit if you have room.
  • guantou
    guantou
    wait in all seriousness I thought *** is deragatory?

Literally any word can be derogatory. Even my actual name has been used against me as a slur. Really can't let bigots control our language. Q*u*e*e*r is a word that describes me very well. It gets exhausting and upsetting to change our words every other week to keep up with which new wonderful word is now considered a slur. The bigots will have to keep reusing their 20 year old jokes for a bit longer. I'm not giving them fresh fuel.