The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How many (active) characters do you have?

• Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 active of 8.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    31 characters currently although that will change with Elsweyr. That's across two accounts and mostly on PC EU but with 3 on PC NA. They're all active adventurers and crafters but some I play more than others, although I don't consider any of them a "main".
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2-4 active raid ready toons for use in two raids groups.
    DK Tank
    Warden Tank
    Sorc DD
    Magblade DD

Probably will be making a necro support and necro DPS toon as well come Sunspire and I'd like to have an active templar healer at some point but the investment in learning healing seriously for all the raids, finding a group to let me do it, making the toon etc is too much atm.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • Ozzymandius
    Ozzymandius
    ✭✭
    1 main and seven others which I have levelled to max CP and are using Alcast’s beginners builds for their class. Used mainly for crafting until I get better gear for them.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 main I do all serious content with regardless of whether or not they are “competitive” or not.

If I have time I’ll do pledges on another 4 for keys and transmutation stones.

I do writs on 10 alts per day if that counts as playing
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of each class, always, in every MMORPG I ever play for more than a few months. I'll just login to whichever class I fancy that day.

I'll definitely roll a single Necromancer when it's released. And I've recently been considering rolling two new characters, one focused on each of the Vampire and Werewolf skill lines who would never build toward anything else. In that case I'd consider Vampire and Werewolf classes of their own.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 tanks, 2 DPS, rest are nerfed
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    24, soon to be 25. I log in on all of them every day, craft, then pick a few to do some leveling on in rotation. Right now, I have at least one of every level from 13 to 33, plus the "main" at CP 88. I don't stick to one race - I have several of all the races. I have several of each class, all three "versions".

I'm an altoholic, yes. I'm retired so I can play as much as I like.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All of my characters are playable. I have my main, which I do a liitle bit of everything on. My main crafter, who is also one of my primary normal trial characters. I have my dedicated tank, because there's always a need. I have 3 other sub-crafters rounding out my top 6, 2 per alliance, which handle secondary completions of content. I have one knuckle-headed Khajiit for various things. Then the remaining 8 slots fill out the remaining mag/stam versions of the classes under DC.

The active ones depend on what I'm focused on this week.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Circa 30 characters across 2 accounts (PC EU and PC NA x 2) - 6 completed the jesters festival.
    But - the characters I am playing more than not did not take part in the jesters festival; so sat 10 active
  • Heady
    Heady
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 15 play 8 of them
  • Stonen80ub17_ESO
    3 active
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    15 :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 at a time.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Heady
    Heady
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have like 4 slots filled just for necro names though
  • Phoebe
    Phoebe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 7 active characters at the moment: 5 on my main account EU, 1 on my main account NA, and 1 on my second account EU who I am leveling at the moment until she is level 50 CP 160. I have 4 more characters, 3 EU and 1 NA, that I'm either not actively playing at the moment or haven't really started leveling yet.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what do you mean by active, characters I played in the last two weeks? 7. Last week? 6. I mean, active is relative isn't it?
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Effectively it's 1-2 out of 14, with the exception of event grinds.

My alts see very little action after are leveled and geared. There's plenty of room to improve them, but the thought of it is daunting. The remaining grind for that last few percent (to undaunted mettle 2/2) far exceeds the work already done.

Overall (adding /played totals on each) I've spent half of my time on my main, and the other half is divided almost equally between my 13 alts.

Edited by Mudcrabber on March 31, 2019 11:40PM
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9 characters, 8 for bg random and random normal if possible, 1 main for everthing, 1 new toon.

Extra 1 chracter slot still thinking what to do with.
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One active main, 14 max level mules with 200 inventory slots each and several maxed skill lines -- crafting and Psijic.
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey
    ✭✭✭
    9 characters 9 active
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Five, one of each Class.

My StamBlade is my main that I do everything on first.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, am I the only one? I have only ever made one character.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 actually active (1. pve tank, 2. pvp / mat farm char)