The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How many (active) characters do you have?

Tabris93
Tabris93
✭✭✭
I am curious as to how many active characters you have? With that I mean characters that you level and play actively, not just used for storage or crafting. Do you keep to the same race and class or do you vary?
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1 ACTIVE

8 Total

All in different races and classes. 5 Stamina and 3 Magicka. Why would you just keep making the same race and class?
    Edited by Bouldercleave on March 31, 2019 6:55PM
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 characters in total, but 3 active ones -- the three I play the most are a DK tank, Warden tank, and Sorc tank; all Imperial. I prefer playing them because queue times are fast in PvE and I enjoy them as brawlers in PvP/BGs. The other two are PvE MagNB and StamNB that I only situationally play. All are lvl50 and maxed in crafting.
    Edited by Vermethys on March 31, 2019 7:02PM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1 active, 8 daily slaves/storage characters.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At any given time 1, eso is not exactly multi-boxing friendly :blush:

Waiting on slots 16-18 (at least), so 10 races, 5 classes (atm), 3 roles...

Edited by Gythral on March 31, 2019 7:04PM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 active, 4 in stand-by, 2 in hybernation waiting for the good times.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 total, 2 active.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three that I play most of the time...
    Three more that I play some of the time.
    Two that I haven't played yet.
    & The One I don't play anymore but can't delete.
    B)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3 active and 1 on reserve for when necro drops, with 1 being used additional bank alt
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 or 3, out of 8

Bosmer Stamblade
    Breton Magplar
    Bosmer Stamden

(Redguard DK, Dunmer Magsorc, Dunmer Magblade, Nord Stamsorc, Nord mule)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 active 5 pretty inactive, inactive is characters who is max cp but don't have experience with, often pretty weak gear and would not take into an vet dungeon.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2 active, but all 15 do daily writs
  • Hiruda
    Hiruda
    ✭✭✭
    2 actives
    12 characters
  • Kambo
    Kambo
    ✭✭✭
    1 Active, 3 Total.

I have always preferred playing a single character in all the games I play, and that hasn't been any different in ESO. My active is Niveth Othrril, my Dunmer Stam DK, and my inactives are Keshhan-Dar, a Khajiit Stamblade, and Hareek-Tah, an Argonian Templar.

Keshhan-Dar is a character I intend to play more of at some point, but Hareek-Tah was made purely as a character design, so I basically never intend to play as him.
    Straight out of Mo- uh, oh wait. Um... Ebonheart, I guess?
    PC US
    Characters:
    Nathyrin Othrril - Dunmer Stamina Sorcerer
    Niveth Othrril - Dunmer Stamina Dragonknight
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how you define active. If you count spending at least an hour actively playing on them sometime during any given week, then all 15.

Due to my current direction of building up my alts, my favorites are the ones I'm currently playing least but I'm looking forward to when they rotate back into more active play.

Each one is spec'd for different roles currently. Obviously there is some overlap, with single alts often serving multiple roles. Some are dedicated for specific roles. Some have multiple sets to swap out for various content. Others were built for very specific roles, like my sneakthief or bow ganker. All in all, I've got at least one Stam and one Mag version for each class. My sig has the primary purpose for each one.

PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 active characters that took part in some, or all, of the Jester's Festival or Elsweyr prologue.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SpringEternal
    SpringEternal
    ✭✭✭
    1 or 2 active at any given time, although which 2 varies between 6 characters. Stamina and magicka versions of the same class play differently enough that I double up on my favorite classes.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Out of 22 characters across 3 accounts, I play on 4 of them every day. On top of that I do crafting writs on another 7 every day - used to be 8 but 1 is now nearly always in Cyrodiil. I log into all 3 accounts every day.

My main account has 2 tanks, 3 healers, 4 PVP only characters and the other 6 are DPS. All characters have their own gear and 1 of each (tank/healer/DPS) is permanently spec'd out for vet trials.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3-4
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how you define active. I have 7 characters in total, and when I log in I pick whichever I feel like playing that day (I'm generally pretty good at remembering where they are and what they're doing) so I'd say they're all active but as I don't have any particular schedule and don't consciously 'retire' them or whatever I couldn't tell you exactly when I last played each of them and as my time is often limited it's probably been a few weeks for some of them.

Funnily enough my crafter is probably the one I play most, since I log into him for at least a few minutes each day I play ESO to collect hireling mail and to clear out the stuff my other characters fill the bank with.

As for the other part of your question each of my characters is a different race (khajiit, breton, argonian, imperial, dunmer, nord and bosmer so far) and I've got at least 1 of each class. Two nightblades (one might be remade as a necromancer) and two dragonknights, but one of those is my crafter who doesn't really count because he's got very few combat skills and rarely fights anything more than random mobs that attack while doing surveys.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Char (result of class testing)
    Only 1 active main.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Keldheir
    Keldheir
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main bosmer stamsorc I will do every content with, past and future. The other one is a breton healer for pledges and trials, because no one in my guild wanted to do that job. ;)
    PC EU
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 15 -- 3 of each class, mainly but not exclusively magicka. All have been active at some time or other, if nothing else to level them. All 15 have completed at least 2 dungeons each plus a lot of public dungeons. 9 of them have completed at least 1 dungeon beyond the base 16 (Banished Cells 2, another "2" dungeon, and/or a DLC dungeon).
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 8 characters. 6 are "active." I have a character for every race except Khajiit. I will be making a khajiit necromancer come June 4th.
  • norrisnick
    norrisnick
    ✭✭✭
    14 total, most are pretty active. I typically have 12+ on various Trial coffer cool-downs.
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to have too many characters but realized that half of them were useless and just exist for the sake of it. Then I deleted them and currently I have only 5 characters, 1 for each class. I just pick the most suitable type of each class, not interested in having underperforming characters like StamDK or StamSorc.

I have the most stereotype roster tho.

Altmer Magicka Sorcerer
    Nord Dragonknight Tank
    Breton Templar Healer
    Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Bosmer Stamina Warden
    and soon, Dunmer Magicka Necromancer...
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2 active
    My stamplade for quest
    My magsorc for dongeon

4 semi active
    4 other mag class

Everything esle is inactie
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    38 across 4 accounts on 2 platforms.
    I don't have to work. lol
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    7 total (8 if you include the starter character I made on EU for the Summerset Villa event, who is a Bosmer ... templar? I forget).

Very active -- original character, Redguard stam DK
    Semi active -- second character, Altmer mag sorc, now level 35 ish
    The rest top out at low 20's and I level them through events rather than questing, when I feel like it:
    Imperial magplar, intended as a healer, has never had a chance to heal given most of my play is solo
    Imperial magblade
    Breton magDK
    Khajiit magwarden

Inactive:
    level 2 Argonian NB (made her for the name, can't stand her looks, will delete for necromancer at some point because the name really doesn't matter any more and I like to retain an empty slot to play around with character designs)

... I really should stam focus more. I *like* stam focus. I just somehow chose mag for everyone else so as to try something different and ended up with all the same.
    Edited by Donari on March 31, 2019 8:40PM
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 max level characters that get played everyday for at least writs. Main account is at 1500 cp second is 900 cp.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    12 character slots; currently 10 active chars out of 11 (the 11th was a char design I ended up liking, so I'm holding on to him for the slider settings, and he will be deleted and re-made so I can start him in the Elsweyr tutorial).

My current eleven are comprised of two Nords (both Wardens), one Orc (Warden), one Bosmer (Nightblade), two Dunmers (one Nightblade, one Sorceror), two Khajiits (both Nightblades), one Breton (Sorceror), one Redguard (Nightblade), and one Imperial (Dragon Knight).

I have the 12th slot currently open for experimenting with different looks, as I did with 11. I will fill the 12th char slot with something so that the slot we will get with Elsweyr can be my necromancer (slot number 13).

Edited by bearbelly on March 31, 2019 8:49PM