The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Befoul cp max at 35%, should be 40% allowing 100 point to round to a whole number?

The_Last_Titan
The_Last_Titan
✭✭✭
befoul is being reduced to .7 at 1 point instead of 1.1.
i'm not positive but i think it rounds down. so right now on live* it would cap at 46% from 30%(major defile) with 87** points. if the new multiplier started at .8 it would be 40% at 100 points and bring it to exactly 42% if hitting the exact % brings it up and not having to go .1+ etc..

it would allow an actual gain when its maxed out instead of having like 5-15 points being wasted. if it does round down, if it does get reduced

Edited by The_Last_Titan on May 5, 2019 5:06PM
  • The_Last_Titan
    The_Last_Titan
    ✭✭✭
    so far the tool tips cap at 20% for minor and 40% for major with 84 points as expected, potentially making the next 16 points pointless
  • The_Last_Titan
    The_Last_Titan
    ✭✭✭
    any traction here? i mean going from 35% to 40% isn't that big of a deal and would bridge the gap between people who want the change and people who don't. It makes sense that it would have a different percentage of other stars because it is a percentage of a percentage. That plus from 84-100 points being useless, seems like a solid change to me.
  • Spizzie
    Spizzie
    ✭✭✭
    I agree 100%. Add this to your reasoning: There are 3 champion point passives for healing (Healing Done, Healing Received, Crit Healing) and only 1 for reducing healing received (also Siphoner, kind of). In PvP with CP, you'll still find any spec that has access to major mending, which is any Mag Class with a Resto Staff plus Stam Dk's and Stam Wardens, can still outlive major and minor defile with a 87 points invested into Befoul. It's hardly balanced as-is, reducing the effectiveness of Defiles in Champion Point PvP is a surefire way to make kill times even more excruciating than before.
  • The_Last_Titan
    The_Last_Titan
    ✭✭✭
    good point
  • The_Last_Titan
    The_Last_Titan
    ✭✭✭
    just bumping, want to make sure they see since its probably the last chance. i mean how long until the cp progression system gets changed? a year+? having numbers go up in cp and not actually increasing just seems unpolished and confusing.

• frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Defile is a cancer to the game. Befoul is overtuned. So no
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about a cap of 20%?
  • The_Last_Titan
    The_Last_Titan
    ✭✭✭
    it's 55% on live with a 46% cap on major, it's 35% on pts with a cap of 40% on major. going from 40% major max to 42% with having to spend 16 more points is enough of a nerf. i mean they're already addressing the over tuned, its still getting nerfed.
    Edited by The_Last_Titan on May 6, 2019 12:37PM
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a cap of 15%?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirMewser wrote: »
    How about a cap of 15%?

Yeah definitely could have been tuned down a bit further. 15% is a bit extreme but probably 25% would have been ok.
    Edited by Vapirko on May 6, 2019 1:22PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did you really just ask for a Befoul buff??

Just wow...
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• The_Last_Titan
    The_Last_Titan
    ✭✭✭
    i'm glad all of you have tested this on the pts and think those numbers would be fair. you know seeing as 55% survived for what? years? Lets just have more people that don't use any of the major or minor defile sets except for thurvokun.

oh and lets have more jump points that 50% of people probably don't know about and waste points putting into cp passives while getting 0 benefit

Edited by The_Last_Titan on May 6, 2019 5:14PM
  • The_Last_Titan
    The_Last_Titan
    ✭✭✭
    oh and another thing, how many points are you all actually putting into befoul? out of curiosity i started looking around, i'm seeing some snipe builds with 27, with 18. how many of you actually have 87 points into befoul right now? give me your top snipe build or build with huge defile uptime from the "top" pvpers and let me see the cp distribution
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused why you would want to put 100 points into anything. If you are putting 100 points into befoul you are most likely gimping yourself somewhere else.
  • The_Last_Titan
    The_Last_Titan
    ✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    I'm confused why you would want to put 100 points into anything. If you are putting 100 points into befoul you are most likely gimping yourself somewhere else.

yeah. yet people still say its over tuned and op while still putting less points in it than warlord, tumbling, and mooncalf on average
    Edited by The_Last_Titan on May 6, 2019 6:22PM
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    on live i only put 29.
    people might have an ocd... maybe
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    befoul is being reduced to .7 at 1 point instead of 1.1.
    i'm not positive but i think it rounds down. so right now on live* it would cap at 46% from 30%(major defile) with 87** points. if the new multiplier started at .8 it would be 40% at 100 points and bring it to exactly 42% if hitting the exact % brings it up and not having to go .1+ etc..

it would allow an actual gain when its maxed out instead of having like 5-15 points being wasted. if it does round down, if it does get reduced

Don't worry about CP, Devs are going to get rid of them anyway...
  • The_Last_Titan
    The_Last_Titan
    ✭✭✭

Chelo wrote: »
    Don't worry about CP, Devs are going to get rid of them anyway...

I'm still not so sure, they scaled so much of the game based around cp, i feel like it might stay just have some sort of additional system on top of it that's more exciting past the "cap"