Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

[Rhage’s Stamplar Talks] Your Stamplar and You.

• ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've recently removed several comments that were nonconstructive. Please be aware that comments need to remain constructive and contribute something to the conversation. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Lord_Zele
    Lord_Zele
    ✭✭✭
    Braedon998 wrote: »
    YES! Inform them so I can stop hearing about how "Bad stamplar is" nah its just how you build or play yall.

If that's really what you think about the class currently, then you need to sit down and watch the video.
    The video is something I was going to cover but no longer need to because Rhage hit every point I was going to make.
    @Lord_Zele -GODSLAYER GM- Flawless Conqueror, Former Emperor, Just Another Player 1.3k+CP) YouTube Partner
    YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/LordZele
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/lord_zele
  • Lord_Zele
    Lord_Zele
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Yeah man great outline of issues. I think stamplar woes could be mostly solved with a few easy changes:

1. Burning Light procs on all DOTs (and undodgeable if the proc source was not dodged)

2. Mending applies to all healing done

3. Light Weaver instead increases movement speed while channeling/casting by 30% (great for 2h builds and bow builds) and reduces all cast/channel times by 10% (brings Jabs in line with GCD and helps with 2h, bow, Dark Flare, etc) This would give stamplar its funness niche akin to Dk melee range increase.

That Light Weaver change is an amazing idea! I like it!!
    @Lord_Zele -GODSLAYER GM- Flawless Conqueror, Former Emperor, Just Another Player 1.3k+CP) YouTube Partner
    YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/LordZele
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/lord_zele
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if stamplar were to gain some form of ranged damage avoidance/mitigation (like a wings or shimmering shield or ball of lightning) they would be an absolutely fantastic class.

I already feel the stamplar performs well. but the weakness to range hinders it greatly when LOS is not readily available.

of course, when wings gets nerfed there will truly only be two overlords left to choose from. Sorcs and Wardens.

nightblades are gimmick gankers. DK's will be butchered by the same range issues stamplars are today (just at a 50% slower rate of speed) and plars wills till hug trees and rocks.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feed a stamblade about 5 kills while he was camping a resource. I knew I was at a disadvantage but kept going back. Didnt say nothing while he was whispering smack. I just wanted to try different things and see if I could deal. Eventually got him as he focused some other poor soul. Was the only time I had help there and turned out we had a sniper he was killing up on the roof that I think chipped in then so it wasn't good enough in my book even with him kind of hiding within NPC stun spam. Seeing if I cant improve my play. The way he struggled after taking someone out, I think he was heavy armor, all damage, no sustain, and I noticed more damage when I used POTL. Im going for more pen.
    Edited by technohic on April 10, 2019 1:22AM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Braedon998 wrote: »
    YES! Inform them so I can stop hearing about how "Bad stamplar is" nah its just how you build or play yall.

Stamplar is bad at the moment. Anyone arguing this just doesn't play one, or doesn't play anything else. In other words, clueless.

Bad compared to what though? Saying it’s bad compared to any other class is a bit much. They need some work but they’re still very viable. I wouldn’t say that they’re worse than Stam sorc or magicka sorc or magicka dk. Honestly I far prefer jabs to sub assault though the warden skills and passives are overall much more varied and provide more buffs/debuffs. Stamplar could be great with a few tweaks.

You think magicka sorc is bad or something? They’re definitely not and neither is magdk. Stam sorc probably the only reasonable mention but even then they’re still good in groups/bgs. Stam dk and magblade would be better comparisons.

Stamplar isn’t bad but has a lot of useless things that they don’t benefit from. An easily avoided spammable which is even worse in lag and it’s wonky with the gcd. No real defense built into the class. Healing has been gutted patch after patch. Oh yeah you have to make yourself vulnerable every time you use jabs because you drop your “defense” just to go on offense making it even harder to solo pvp.

I’m a pretty decent stamplar but that’s only because of experience. As of right now they could use more healing and mitigation and a tweak to jabs delivery but that’s suppose to come next update.

Nope just listing the classes I’ve got experience with comparing it to lol. Chill. And you basically just reiterated my point. A few tweaks like you mentioned at the bottom and they could be great, one of which is already coming. That’s why I said calling them bad compared to any other class is a bit much. Also there’s no way in hell stamplar is in as bad of state as magblade lol. Have you tried playing a magblade? It would be the equivalent of using only ritual for a heal or something. And stamina DK isn’t as bad as people say. They lack some built in burst but the access to major mending and minor brutality makes them insanely strong. And wings/fossilize are very good skills as are poison claws and noxious breath. They can be real tough to beat.

I never said anything about magblade being in the same category but if that’s what you took from that, that’s fine.

You said magblade is a better comparison.

Magblade is a better comparison for being worse than stamplar.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit that I’m really struggling with my stamplar. I’ve tried medium but I feel soooooo squishy and I’m constantly dead....sadly dead men can’t di any damage!!!!

Sadly I feel i can do a lot more damage and survive more with my magplar in heavy armour!

Any suggestion for a failing stamplar? Before you say it....no, going back to magplar full time is not an acceptable answer lol!!!!