The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trying to survive as magsorc healer in light armour

• Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gretzel wrote: »
    Reevster wrote: »
    Well, you could get really crazy and build this.

mi1VWhS.png

F0WHIM0.png

jyXCI7r.png

leeZXAr.png

3KWXSqd.png

That looks snazzy.

Oh... swap out the trail by fire and give this set a go.

Buffer of the Swift (With new updated stats.)

Type: Light Armor
    Style: Aldmeri, Daggerfall, Ebonheart
    Required DLC: None

(2 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 2975 Physical Resistance
    (4 items) Adds 2975 Spell Resistance
    (5 items) Reduce damage taken from players by 10%.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    Swift, protective, race: Nord and some protective monster set. Sure your dps will be extremely low, you won´t kill any competive stamina player,... You can enjoy of being healbot or buffer.

No thanks, I like having some damage pressure and killing.

That playstyle is fine, @Gretzel ... but you're not really a "healer" are you? As the title of the thread implies?

The role is probably better described as off-heals or support ... where you're mixing in DPS while healing the group.

It would be interesting to see how much healing output you're actually doing. Since most of your skill slots are defense, support, or dps. For example, what's your unbuffed healing springs tooltip?

Naw i would call that a healer that knows how important it is to bring tertiary damage to help seal the deal. And I would also mention how cyrodil healbotting is not indicative of anything worth mentioning.

A sorc healer regardless of build, at the very least should have pulse with frags or wrath on their bar.

Then again my mindset comes from how healers are built in the various other mmos i have pvped in. I dont consider any form of healing in cyrodil to be used as any kind of benchmark, and in more intimate small scale scenarios where healers actually have to play solid and skillful, 2 glass cannons with a guarding healbot will not win vs 2 well rounded damage oriented builds and a healer with some form of lethal. Tanky zero damage healers are only time wasters that can live long enough for others to rez and run back to a fight and generally are desireable in attrition encounters where you are banking on outnumbering the opposition more than anything.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Stibbons wrote: »
    Swift, protective, race: Nord and some protective monster set. Sure your dps will be extremely low, you won´t kill any competive stamina player,... You can enjoy of being healbot or buffer.

No thanks, I like having some damage pressure and killing.

That playstyle is fine, @Gretzel ... but you're not really a "healer" are you? As the title of the thread implies?

The role is probably better described as off-heals or support ... where you're mixing in DPS while healing the group.

It would be interesting to see how much healing output you're actually doing. Since most of your skill slots are defense, support, or dps. For example, what's your unbuffed healing springs tooltip?

Healing springs isn’t a good healing ability to use in multiple pvp settings. Healing springs is mostly a cyrodiil ball group ability.

In places like BGs going full healer can be good but your score will suck. It’s also terrible if there’s another full healer in the group.

To heal well in BGs you don’t need to load up on all healing abilities. All you need to do is use the best ones suited to the environment, max your passives, and use the utility abilities to stay alive. After that add damage.

I can’t say for magsorc dps/healing builds, but for other classes about 1.5 million healing is my high while doing damage too. Sorcs make good pvp healers so imagine it’s about the same, I don’t have one and am debating it so looked at the thread. Doing both damage and healing it’s also possible to break 1 million damage and healing in the same BG.

Unless you load up HoTs, hps will generally be lower than on other classes. Doesn't mean sorc healing is less where it counts, however, and you can prevent a lot of damage with BoL and enemies hitting the targetable pets.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Reaper_00
    Reaper_00
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been healing on my Templar healer since about CP 250 and the best gear combination I’ve found for survivability and sustain using light armor in CP campaigns is 5 impreganable + 2 mighty chudan + 5 reactive. In a 5-1-1 combination and all impen traited. Reason for a reactive is if you’re a decent healer better opponents will notice and send in a fleet of NBs to CC and gank you. Reactive gives you that extra bit of breathing space if you’re out of stamina (or more likely because you can’t break free due to lag!) to survive.
    Edited by Reaper_00 on April 11, 2019 9:43AM
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reaper_00 wrote: »
    I’ve been healing on my Templar healer since about CP 250 and the best gear combination I’ve found for survivability and sustain using light armor in CP campaigns is 5 impreganable + 2 mighty chudan + 5 reactive. In a 5-1-1 combination and all impen traited. Reason for a reactive is if you’re a decent healer better opponents will notice and send in a fleet of NBs to CC and gank you. Reactive gives you that extra bit of breathing space if you’re out of stamina (or more likely because you can’t break free due to lag!) to survive.

Yes very good.

Now Swap out impregnable with Buffer of the swift, that has updated stats.

10 percent damage reduction plus 35 percent from Reactive. 45 percent damage reduction. Pop on Sun Shield for a bit of crazy fun...

• Reaper_00
    Reaper_00
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes very good.

10 percent damage reduction plus 35 percent from Reactive. 45 percent damage reduction. Pop on Sun Shield for a bit of crazy fun...

Wouldn’t the extra crit resist be more useful than the 10% damage reduction to the OP? At 230 CP they probably won’t be getting a lot of crit resist from CP and they won’t have a lot of HP in light armor (which will restrict shield size) plus shields are now critable?
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes very good.

Wouldn’t the extra crit resist be more useful than the 10% damage reduction to the OP? At 230 CP they probably won’t be getting a lot of crit resist from CP and they won’t have a lot of HP in light armor (which will restrict shield size) plus shields are now critable?

Probably. At that CP lvl.

I know I can get around 3000 crit resist without impregnable Armour, but then again I have max CP .

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think at 230 CPs in CP pvp it’s best to spec like a tank and hope for the best. 3x defensive sets with impregnate armour to help offset the crit modifier from CPs.

In no-CP pvp Buffer is better imo.

I only play no-CP pvp and found Buffer > impregnable. My only experience with CP pvp is at CP200ish and get annihilated by people looking at me.

I’d almost recommend going no defense above one defensive set because it will hardly make a difference at CP230, so go to extremes; extremely tanky to survive or no defense to increase your output and can contribute more until you die.

Just don’t stack with others, either way when a bomber sees a CP230 they will come after you.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 11, 2019 6:00PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I think at 230 CPs in CP pvp it’s best to spec like a tank and hope for the best. 3x defensive sets with impregnate armour to help offset the crit modifier from CPs.

In no-CP pvp Buffer is better imo.

I only play no-CP pvp and found Buffer > impregnable. My only experience with CP pvp is at CP200ish and get annihilated by people looking at me.

I’d almost recommend going no defense above one defensive set because it will hardly make a difference at CP230, so go to extremes; extremely tanky to survive or no defense to increase your output and can contribute more until you die.

Just don’t stack with others, either way when a bomber sees a CP230 they will come after you.

Even with max CP most people get toasted within 30 seconds or less in CP PVP if they are running solo or following a group and stay solo as I mostly do. Most of the time the attackers are working in a group of 2 or 3 or 4.

Most people are not experts with rotations and such, due to crappy connections and other reasons.

Max defensive sets help keep these players alive much longer and make PVP (for them) slightly more enjoyable. Run back to a keep or a group thats nearby with out dieing "every time".

Obviously its not a One on One setup, not enough damage. Sustain etc etc. But at times it can surprise you. Plus with a bit of tweaking you can squeeze out more damage and sustain.

It all depends on your play style and expectations.

Edited by Reevster on April 11, 2019 8:20PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off I would suggest the issue of survival comes down to the group you run with.

On my healer I run transmutation, earthgore and off hand cannot remember the second 5 piece set. No set has anything to reduce the damage I take. I run 5/1/1 with the 5 being light armor. I do run inpen on 6 pieces.

I run with a small group when I heal and I do not die often outside of the group getting overwhelmed. I stick with the group and they are well disciplined and we get good callouts from the person leading to keep us together and focused.

Sure I do die within the group from time to time but I do not have a survival problem.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    First off I would suggest the issue of survival comes down to the group you run with.

On my healer I run transmutation, earthgore and off hand cannot remember the second 5 piece set. No set has anything to reduce the damage I take. I run 5/1/1 with the 5 being light armor. I do run inpen on 6 pieces.

I run with a small group when I heal and I do not die often outside of the group getting overwhelmed. I stick with the group and they are well disciplined and we get good callouts from the person leading to keep us together and focused.

Sure I do die within the group from time to time but I do not have a survival problem.

Not everyone runs with a group, maybe we all "should" I suppose, but I like the freedom to come and go when I like , I can read the map fairly well , tag along outside a group isn't hard to do, but you do die more often for sure.

Plus the issue of disconnects near a large fight which happens almost every time, for me at least. Group leaders bump you from the group etc when you disconnect. Its just too much of a pain a lot of the time.

But thats just me, eh...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, if you’re solo I’d go vampire for sure. Mist form or streak out of there if things are looking rough.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs are great for burst heals via the matriach. If you want to stay in light i would recommend either BTB or necro for body set. Lich or transmutation jewelery and front bar destro (ice) with black rose resto back bar.

Troll king or earthgore monster set.

Resto heavy followed by a healing ward and a matriach heal equals a massive heal.

And you can still steal those kills with well placed furies 😅