The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Blighted Blastbones and Ruinous Scythe

Ariades_swe
Ariades_swe
✭✭✭✭✭
Blighted Blastbones: Converts into a stamina ability and deals disease damage. Reduces healing received on enemies hit (applies major defile for 5 seconds). (Cost: 2295 stamina)

Ruinous Scythe: Converts to a stamina ability and prevents healing done to your target (applies X healing absorption for 2 seconds. Note that this is NOT a major or minor debuff). (Cost: 2524 stamina)

So stamnecros will get 28 meters ranged dd with major defile attached to it that they can use together with a spammable melee dd that absorbs healing.

Just lol.

Edited by Ariades_swe on March 28, 2019 8:52PM
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ... not to mention a cleanse that actually restores your resources (basically blue betty on steroids) and an on-demand Major Protection for zero cost.

Also, major vulnerability.. ☠️☠️☠️
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blighted Blastbones: Converts into a stamina ability and deals disease damage. Reduces healing received on enemies hit (applies major defile for 5 seconds). (Cost: 2295 stamina)

Ruinous Scythe: Converts to a stamina ability and prevents healing done to your target (applies X healing absorption for 2 seconds. Note that this is NOT a major or minor debuff). (Cost: 2524 stamina)

So stamnecros will get a spammable 28 meters ranged dd with major defile attached to it that they can use together with a spammable melee dd that absorbs healing.

Just lol.

Blighted Blastbones isn't spammable. It has a 2.5sec summoning time and run time chasing the target. Youtubers stated you couldn't cast another while one was up.

I mean I think they are OP cause of the overall toolkit but thats not a spammable.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So stamnecros will get a spammable 28 meters ranged dd with major defile attached to it that they can use together with a spammable melee dd that absorbs healing.

Just lol.

Blighted Blastbones isn't spammable. It has a 2.5sec summoning time and run time chasing the target. Youtubers stated you couldn't cast another while one was up.

I mean I think they are OP cause of the overall toolkit but thats not a spammable.
    So it's basically like sub assault that automatically targets an enemy and applies a 5 second (!) major defile? I guess I need to see the actual tooltips before declaring it OP but it looks like a very annoying skill to fight against to say the least.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just lol.

Thanks for the clarification
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy thing these aren’t even the op skills when you compare it to the rest of the skills. This class is the only class that every skill is good. Hopefully they update the other classes.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That cast time actually makes it stronger because you can line up burst more easily...

Immov pot then Skeletal archer and then Blighted + ruinous + master DW rending + the major vulnerability ult (stun and then blighted hits for defile) + some spin to win.... zero counterplay.

I’d bet the skeletal archer pet will ignore hiding too. Poor nightblades are not gonna have a good time. I’d bet necro counters both warden (by blocking healing) and nightblade.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well some new cool and unique stuff comes with necro. But the problem with unique mechanics is it's a pain in the ass to balance.

Corpses looking cool but seems useless in mobile gameplay.
    Permanent resurrection is just bad and freaking abusable by ballgroups.
    PC EU - DC only
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    That cast time actually makes it stronger because you can line up burst more easily...

Immov pot then Skeletal archer and then Blighted + ruinous + master DW rending + the major vulnerability ult (stun and then blighted hits for defile) + some spin to win.... zero counterplay.

I’d bet the skeletal archer pet will ignore hiding too. Poor nightblades are not gonna have a good time. I’d bet necro counters both warden (by blocking healing) and nightblade.

Probably does make it stronger. I think I heard somewhere that you can snare or root the thing chasing you though, I don't know though. It seems from the videos I saw that it leaps when it gets close, I don't know if you will be able to dodge roll out of the leap range when it leaps.
    Templar's are evil..
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong I think they are crazy OP. Did anyone else notice that their entire offensive skill line is max range?

Necro looks to be a true ranged dps at its core and has virtually everything you would want, AOE burst, AOE dot, single target spammable, effectively single target dot(skele summon), self synergy, resource+purge, range burst AOE ult with group utility. Group rez with resource return(which is exactly what you want most if you have been trying to survive without help).
    Templar's are evil..
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree major defile overloads this skill.

It is possible to root, snare, stun, and avoid the kamikaze skele.

Of course, that requires you to be able to move, but that's another discussion.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No class is getting ripped off or countered harder than Templar, Stamplar in particular. They literally took the core of the defensive foundation for the class (purge and breath of life), made it better, and put it on Necromancer. They gave Necromancer a great crit passive. Then they sprinkled on 10% extra dot damage and 10% less dot damage taken, stifling Jabs. Finally they sprinkled on major defile and heal negate for good measure.

Just imagine the Stamplar vs Stam Necro head to head for a second. Stamplar does 10% less dot and Jabs damage, while taking more dot damage and getting defiled+heal negated on it’s already mediocre healing, while having to purge with the expensive ritual. Meanwhile the Necromancer reduces the Templar’s damage, while spamming a better spammable, throwing out better debuffs, and going toe to toe on the purges....except the Necromancer’s purge instead of being expensive is actually restoring a hefty chunk of resource.

Atrocious.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is how they nerfed Duroks and other sources of major defile and now giving a class a skill that enables them to perma defile while doing damage.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on March 29, 2019 1:35AM
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is how they nerfed Duroks and other sources of major defile and now giving a class a skill that enables them to perma defile while doing damage.

you mean like..... äh nb or äh reverb or even magpler (even if its hard to hit) xD? defile was always to strong and to easy to aply in this game and now they are making it worse, but i guess we need more tank counters these days, with all those necro tankbuilds incoming (i mean have you looked at the "tanking /healing" skillline)
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Just imagine the Stamplar vs Stam Necro head to head for a second. Stamplar does 10% less dot and Jabs damage, while taking more dot damage and getting defiled+heal negated on it’s already mediocre healing, while having to purge with the expensive ritual. Meanwhile the Necromancer reduces the Templar’s damage, while spamming a better spammable, throwing out better debuffs, and going toe to toe on the purges....except the Necromancer’s purge instead of being expensive is actually restoring a hefty chunk of resource.

Atrocious.

Doesn't the necro purge actually cost health and what was seen was already detailed as a tool tip error?

**One removes 2 effects and gives resources and cost like 3000 health, while the other removes 4 at greater health cost at like 6000 health?

**Need clarification on health cost.
    Edited by StormeReigns on March 29, 2019 5:38AM
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkerKro wrote: »

Atrocious.

Doesn't the necro purge actually cost health and what was seen was already detailed as a tool tip error?

**One removes 2 effects and gives resources and cost like 3000 health, while the other removes 4 at greater health cost at like 6000 health?

FEpCfEM.jpg
    uWSrclC.jpg

Looks like a free cast skill to me. Not OP at all 🙃

Edit: apparently it costs 2k health
    Edited by ccmedaddy on March 29, 2019 2:57PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No class is getting ripped off or countered harder than Templar, Stamplar in particular. They literally took the core of the defensive foundation for the class (purge and breath of life), made it better, and put it on Necromancer. They gave Necromancer a great crit passive. Then they sprinkled on 10% extra dot damage and 10% less dot damage taken, stifling Jabs. Finally they sprinkled on major defile and heal negate for good measure.

Atrocious.

A stamcromancer running shuffle will take a whopping 35% less damage from jabs. It’s not even funny. GG. New combat team isn’t off to a great start. I’m willing to see what the patch notes offer but just based on this initial release I’m not too hopeful.
    Edited by Vapirko on March 29, 2019 6:52AM
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    FEpCfEM.jpg
    uWSrclC.jpg

Awesome, thanks for that :)

I'm seeing as is not really OP, just very universal if just by itself. Although... Necro Healers combining Expunge + Flesh would be a Godly OP combination if the tool tips/skills are unchanged, while the other builds combining the two would just be Very OP. If unchanged that is. Still early any things tend to change lol.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have heard from folks there is a plan to make the purge cost health, which seems pretty fair. It seems like that will make it hard to purge when needed.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    I have heard from folks there is a plan to make the purge cost health, which seems pretty fair. It seems like that will make it hard to purge when needed.
    I think that'd make it garbage; I'm supposed to sacrifice a few thousand HP to get rid of bleeds that are going to be immediately reapplied with 1 GCD and some passive procs? Pass.

While it's possible that lots of things could change between now and Elsweyr's release/early access, Necromancers are looking like they may be in the same boat Wardens were in when Morrowind launched. Seeing another Magicka Necromancer in a Battleground will be like spotting Bigfoot riding a Unicorn IRL, while Stamina Necromancers will be a dime a dozen and OP as all get out.

Oh and once again a Magicka class gets 0 mobility. It looks like Magicka Necromancers could build for some decent survivability, at least until they run into a Stamina Necromancer and end up perma-defiled and spammed with a heal absorb (anyone know if different sources of that stack?)

I'm also not looking forward to tryhard BG premades changing their, "3, 2, 1, Dawnbreaker now!" ult dumps to, "3, 2, Flesh Atronach now!, 1, Dawnbreaker now!" Even blocking probably won't save you.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually the tooltips are misleading and not complete. The necro purge already costs health.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    I think that'd make it garbage; I'm supposed to sacrifice a few thousand HP to get rid of bleeds that are going to be immediately reapplied with 1 GCD and some passive procs? Pass.

While it's possible that lots of things could change between now and Elsweyr's release/early access, Necromancers are looking like they may be in the same boat Wardens were in when Morrowind launched. Seeing another Magicka Necromancer in a Battleground will be like spotting Bigfoot riding a Unicorn IRL, while Stamina Necromancers will be a dime a dozen and OP as all get out.

Oh and once again a Magicka class gets 0 mobility. It looks like Magicka Necromancers could build for some decent survivability, at least until they run into a Stamina Necromancer and end up perma-defiled and spammed with a heal absorb (anyone know if different sources of that stack?)

I'm also not looking forward to tryhard BG premades changing their, "3, 2, 1, Dawnbreaker now!" ult dumps to, "3, 2, Flesh Atronach now!, 1, Dawnbreaker now!" Even blocking probably won't save you.

On EU noone played stamden at start.
    They only became popular after kodi streaming it and they've become much rarer now.
    Magden with shock clench spam been meta for awhile on EU.
  • Liww
    Liww
    ✭✭✭

purge - vigor - purge vigor. if the cost is at around 3k health just the the first vigor tick should break even on the health cost, and the resources recovered will make up for the vigor.

It is trickier at low health idd, but if resources are restored through a skill that costs health I wouldnt even be surprised if heavy/TK would be meta, perhaps Health recov will be the main source of sustain in that case. Moreso considering it's an instant cast which makes it far more reliable then for instance Dark Deal.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Atrocious.

FEpCfEM.jpg
    uWSrclC.jpg

It costs 2K health. The value mightl be adjusted after a period of testing on the PTS.
    Edited by Joy_Division on March 29, 2019 1:06PM
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With rumors of snipe getting minor defile instead of major, I wouldn't be surprised if this is changed to minor defile.
    Edited by BaylorCorvette on March 29, 2019 1:56PM
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Atrocious.

FEpCfEM.jpg
    uWSrclC.jpg

It costs 2K health. The value mightl be adjusted after a period of testing on the PTS.
    Bleh, hard to see that being worth it on a Magicka Necromancer then. It'll be hard to justify spending 2k health when I'm under fire, have no mobility options outside of Mist Form, and the 3 debuffs may end up being instantly reapplied anyway (Wall of Frost tick applying Chilled + Root, Axe Bleed re-proc'ing, Elemental Drain adding 2 debuffs for 1 GCD and no resources, etc...)
    Edited by wheem_ESO on March 29, 2019 2:08PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good thing is no one will know how to play them then say they’re trash until someone puts out a meta build like with Warden which didn’t get popular until clockwork city, well really whenever that XP event was.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just lol.

Base morph:

Summon a flaming skeleton from the ground after 2.5 seconds. The skeleton runs after the target and explodes when it gets close to them, dealing [x] flame damage to all enemies nearby. Creates a corpse upon death.

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Gravelord+Skills
    Wiki states that it will have 6 meter radius which means it will be AOE. This means it will be un-dodgable and un-blockable.

Seems tottaly not broken at all...

Now, the big question is: How this skeleton will behave if you use invisibility potion / cloak ? Will it still chase after you ?
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 29, 2019 2:12PM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just lol.

Base morph:

Summon a flaming skeleton from the ground after 2.5 seconds. The skeleton runs after the target and explodes when it gets close to them, dealing [x] flame damage to all enemies nearby. Creates a corpse upon death.

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Gravelord+Skills
    Wiki states that it will have 6 meter radius which means it will be AOE. This means it will be un-dodgable and un-blckable.

Seems tottaly not broken at all...
    Just because something is AOE doesn't mean that it's inherently unblockable (look at Dawnbreaker, for example).

As far as I can tell, we don't know the damage numbers, or maximum duration that the skeleton will be active. It's supposedly susceptible to CC though, so can be snared by 30-70% with Caltrops, 60% with Wall of Frost (plus potentially rooted for a very long time, perhaps even its entire duration), and may very well not be able to catch highly mobile builds even if it's not snared.

Assuming that the skeleton spawns by the caster rather than the target, this is likely a bigger issue for Magicka builds than for Stamina ones; you won't be an unkiteable melee build with an AOE Major Defile on the skeleton.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's all agree to start theory crafting how we kill them. How is their self healing? They have lots of offense and sustain butw what's their defensive tool kit look like? Maybe they are easy to pop?
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »
    Let's all agree to start theory crafting how we kill them. How is their self healing? They have lots of offense and sustain butw what's their defensive tool kit look like? Maybe they are easy to pop?
    Any Stam build with a decent heavy armor set up isn't going to be all that easy to pop. Especially with the class' defensive ultimate...
    Bone Goliath Transformation:
    Become a horrific bone goliath, increasing your max health by 30.000 for 20 seconds and immediately restoring 30.000 health. While transformed, your light attacks restore 2640 health and your fully charged heavy attacks restore 5280 health.
    The Ravenous Goliath morph provides a health drain aura, which deals damage and heals the Necromancer. According to currently available numbers, the cost is 300 ultimate (ouch), and the duration is 20 seconds (whoa!) I'm assuming that you'll have access to all your normal abilities and whatnot, it doesn't sound like a different form of Werewolf or anything.

When it comes to Magicka, it's too early to say right now. All of the class heals are currently magicka-based, but we don't know just how strong or weak they'll be. It's worth pointing out that the class abilities don't provide any mobility at all, so they'll either be able to be infinitely locked down, or they'll be a Stage 4 Vampire running Mist Form (with all of its drawbacks). "Glass cannon" Magicka Necromancers will most likely be free kills, should they exist at all. But it's possible that you'll be able to build fairly tanky while still having some damage, but that remains to be seen, and will be dictated by whatever final numbers the various abilities end up with.