The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance Lock is coming

xan4silkb14_ESO
xan4silkb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭
According to previews of Elsweyr, alliance lock is coming to Kyne, Sotha, and Vivec. Shor will remain the same without an alliance lock. I.e. you can't home 2 different alliance factioned characters to the same campaign and if one character drops it to allow a different faction access, that character will lose all AP earned and not earn end of campaign rewards.

Additionally you will not have to set a guest campaign but can visit the others as if it were a guest campaign.

Other news - Emperor will only be able to be earned once per campaign per account
Super weapon will spawn randomly, not near keeps but generally closer to the losing alliance side when it does spawn.
Current Emp will not be allowed to pick up super weapon.
Will drop when you die, and despawn if not picked up within 30 minutes.
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    According to previews of Elsweyr, alliance lock is coming to Kyne, Sotha, and Vivec. Shor will remain the same without an alliance lock. I.e. you can't home 2 different alliance factioned characters to the same campaign and if one character drops it to allow a different faction access, that character will lose all AP earned and not earn end of campaign rewards.

Additionally you will not have to set a guest campaign but can visit the others as if it were a guest campaign.

Other news - Emperor will only be able to be earned once per campaign per account
    Super weapon will spawn randomly, not near keeps but generally closer to the losing alliance side when it does spawn.

but i guess u can home on 1 char and guest it on other char without any problems?
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing I started doing more PvE recently. PvP will die with that system. In the end all Campaigns will be dominated by a single faction. It will be even worse than now.
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaxaxo wrote: »
    but i guess u can home on 1 char and guest it on other char without any problems?

I guess so. It wasn't mentioned whether the alliance lock would be in effect for the "guest" campaign of characters or not.

I suppose another question I have is, if you lose all AP earned when you "drop" your home campaign, what happens to the under 50 who level out of the campaign? They are in essence dropped from the campaign. Has ZoS ensured that these characters don't lose their AP earned when they get kicked from the Under 50 campaign?

Edited by xan4silkb14_ESO on March 28, 2019 2:23PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leeched wrote: »
    Good thing I started doing more PvE recently. PvP will die with that system. In the end all Campaigns will be dominated by a single faction. It will be even worse than now.

Yep, it sounds horrible.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, finally, the one thing that stops me from investing more Time with my PVP Guild is that so many people swap Alliances during Campaign. Finally, ZOS is listening and i know of a great many People that will come back into PVP on Day 1 that goes life. Good Bye AP Farmers, Hello competative Gameplay, Thank you ZOS.
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my understanding faction lock will be a new campaign, not locks on all of them.

They specifically stated to me in a conversation they want to have Cyrodiil remain open to anyone playing with any of their friends regardless of factions, so from that I would extrapolate there will always be unlocked campaigns.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like the correct way to turn Cyro into an organized massive PVP zone that requires you to be in a PVP guild and actually group up with players in your faction if you want to accomplish faction wide goals like Emperorship and winning the campaign.

This takes the power away from the super dominant PVP guilds that are able to organize their players across all factions into one alliance and then take it to the top immediately. Hopefully this causes those large guilds to break up making PVP guilds more accessible and well known to casual players.

I don't think PVP will die. There just aren't games that are fantasy based MMO's that have better PVP available right now.
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    What exactly is this solving? I see a lot of people asking for it but I'm not sure what the goal is.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

So, if different alliance characters are allowed as "guests" despite the lock, the only thing you are losing out on is the end of campaign rewards for that particular campaign on that particular character. As far as I can tell, you'd still be able to visit a campaign with your AD/EP character even if you homed a DC character on that campaign or whatever combination you have. So how is that really different for serial faction hoppers? Are they really in it for the "superior" end of campaign rewards?

Also, how is ZoS going to actually make sure you lose the AP earned? Theoretically you could spend all your AP and then drop the campaign.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it said somewhere you cant join campaigns as guest anymore.

7NpgxEV.png

Source: https://www.eso-library.com/core/index.php?chapter-elsweyr-en/
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in other words, PVP will turn into 3 locked campaigns that are faction capped by each faction respectively. A Blue campaign, a Yellow campaign, and a Red campaign. You know, how the PVP events end up so that players can face the least resistance possible to "win" the campaign.
  • xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    From my understanding faction lock will be a new campaign, not locks on all of them.

They specifically stated to me in a conversation they want to have Cyrodiil remain open to anyone playing with any of their friends regardless of factions, so from that I would extrapolate there will always be unlocked campaigns.

Ok, I assumed Kyne, Sotha and Vivec since they seem to indicate that we don't have enough population normally, midyear mayhem notwithstanding, to have more campaigns.

Even if it affects the current campaigns, the only difference in a "guest" campaign and a "home" campaign is you don't earn the end of campaign rewards in the "guest" campaign. As noted already, there wasn't a mention of limiting guest campaigns with a faction lock. In fact they were doing away with that distinction of guest campaigns entirely and you should be able to more easily visit all campaigns as long as your visit isn't prohibited by a faction lock.
  • xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »

I think it said somewhere you cant join campaigns as guest anymore.

7NpgxEV.png

Source: https://www.eso-library.com/core/index.php?chapter-elsweyr-en/

There's a thread in the general discussion board on someone who got a preview of the changes coming and the video on Cyrodiil changes mentions that you can still visit the other campaigns, just won't have a guest campaign designation.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems more likely to be something along the lines of this idea:

Lock an EP char to Vivec - all other EP chars have access to Vivec and are also locked.
    All these EP characters can visit Shor, Sotha + Kyne as guests only.

If you then lock a DC char to Sotha - Sotha will become unavailable to your EP chars. But all DC chars will have access.
    Your EP chars will still have access to Shor + Kyne as guests.

Seems like Shor will remain the campaign for faction hopping. Not sure how that will affect rewards etc, if at all.

Guess it's all speculation until ZOS release something official.

Edited by dtsharples on March 28, 2019 2:54PM
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    So in other words, PVP will turn into 3 locked campaigns that are faction capped by each faction respectively. A Blue campaign, a Yellow campaign, and a Red campaign. You know, how the PVP events end up so that players can face the least resistance possible to "win" the campaign.

Exactly my thoughts. I hope they show some love to BGs, my hopes for Cyro are gone.
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    I have characters all 3 alliances. I wanna play only vivec. Sooo add free change alliances ticket (5). Or leave this idea.
  • xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    It seems more likely to be something along the lines of this idea:

Lock an EP char to Vivec - all other EP chars have access to Vivec and are also locked.
    All these EP characters can visit Shor, Sotha + Kyne as guests only.

If you then lock a DC char to Sotha - Sotha will become unavailable to your EP chars. But all DC chars will have access.
    Your EP chars will still have access to Shor + Kyne as guests.

Seems like Shor will remain the campaign for faction hopping. Not sure how that will affect rewards etc, if at all.

Guess it's all speculation until ZOS release something official.

True, until ZoS releases the official word on how it works we're speculating on what it means.

But going by what was said and not inferring anything that wasn't, only home campaigns for Under 50, No-CP and 30 day campaigns are faction locked, i.e. you can't home campaign 2 different characters with different alliances in the same campaign. You won't have to designate a guest campaign but still be able to visit the other campaigns. You can home any alliance character on the 7 day standard(Shor) as it is not alliance locked, but you could potentially lock out all the other campaigns to only one faction as a home.

Most of my characters are DC. I could home one or more in Sotha, one or more in Kyne, and one or more in Vivec and my one each EP and AD would have to set their home as Shor. I still could have my EP or AD visit any of the other campaigns, they just would not be able to earn the end of campaign rewards in those as long as I have a DC character homed there.

Since it was stated you could visit the other campaigns just not have to choose a guest. It was not stated that you could only visit campaigns that weren't alliance locked one of your characters of a different faction setting it as a home campaign.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a good change. Campaigns for the way people like to play now and campaigns for alliance team play. All sides win.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have characters all 3 alliances. I wanna play only vivec. Sooo add free change alliances ticket (5). Or leave this idea.

My take is you currently can still only play Vivec, whether or not they create a new 30 day CP campaign to be faction locked. If they don't create a new one, you could only home 1 of those characters in vivec and earn the end of campaign rewards from one faction.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is all FANTASTIC news!!!!!!! Finally, ZOS listened to the players!
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once again clueless role play zerglings are catered to yet again. They thought 1 faction dominating is an issue now. Just wait lmfao.
    Doesn’t matter, I couldn’t care less about faction pride of any of that absurd role play nonsense. I play to gain AP and get kills, so this faction lock will just be a bummer for players like me
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »
    This sounds like the correct way to turn Cyro into an organized massive PVP zone that requires you to be in a PVP guild and actually group up with players in your faction if you want to accomplish faction wide goals like Emperorship and winning the campaign.

This takes the power away from the super dominant PVP guilds that are able to organize their players across all factions into one alliance and then take it to the top immediately. Hopefully this causes those large guilds to break up making PVP guilds more accessible and well known to casual players.

I don't think PVP will die. There just aren't games that are fantasy based MMO's that have better PVP available right now.

A lot of people couldn’t care less about such things as winning for the faction. We just want AP and to kill things. Therefore faction lock is lame
  • xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »

A lot of people couldn’t care less about such things as winning for the faction. We just want AP and to kill things. Therefore faction lock is lame

If you really don't care about winning for the faction the only thing you are losing is end of campaign rewards for 2 out of 3 factions if they all play in the same campaign that isn't Shor. You still get AP and the kill things.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif?itemid=7481187
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »

If you really don't care about winning for the faction the only thing you are losing is end of campaign rewards for 2 out of 3 factions if they all play in the same campaign that isn't Shor. You still get AP and the kill things.

The rewards acquired for winning campaigns are so minuscule in comparison to just acquiring tier 3 it’s almost a joke to even care about it 😂😂

I also prefer to join the losing faction since the winning faction has a bunch of zerglings which are easily farmable, and less issue of people in my same faction jumping in and ruining good farms
    Edited by frostz417 on March 28, 2019 4:36PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's not Good Enough.
    people can still faction hop and cause the same problems they do right now.
    the only difference this is going to make, is its going to make cheaters not get AP and end campaign rewards.
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    that's not Good Enough.
    people can still faction hop and cause the same problems they do right now.
    the only difference this is going to make, is its going to make cheaters not get AP and end campaign rewards.

What problems exactly? Most people faction hop because they want to play on a less populated alliance. If anything that's a positive for campaign balance.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RIP my monthly transmute gems
  • xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    RIP my monthly transmute gems

You can still get the monthly transmute gems on 2 factions unless they create new campaigns. You just have to slum on Vivec/Sotha(whichever you don't play) to get enough AP for your tier 3 rewards.

• josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horrible change.

They should go the other way. You should be able to queue in as any faction, regardless what you picked when you made your character. Faction loyalty is toxic, and only breeds animosity and bad sportsmanship.