The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO & ZOS Q&A Information (London Elsweyr Press Event Info)

Turelus
Turelus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I was lucky enough to attend a press event in London for Elsweyr on the 12th March, and got a chance to speak with Rich Lambert and Rob Garrett about ESO and ZOS. Matt Firor was at the event as well but I sadly didn’t get a chance to pull him aside for a chat.

Whilst others have fantastic write ups about Elsweyr and the Necromancer (which you will find linked below) I wanted to write something with more general information from the round table as well as fun comments and information gained from conversations with Rich and Rob.

Please note that the below write-up is in my own wording and paraphrasing, so don’t take comments as direct quotes from ZOS unless stated. I also didn’t take any notes (mistakes were made) so I'm working from memory.

Chufu's information (available in EN, DE, FR): https://www.eso-library.com/core/index.php?chapter-elsweyr-en/
All Necromancer Skills: https://www.eso-skillfactory.com/en/build-planer
Santie's information: https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/home/m/21354827/article/4951463

Communication and Organisation
ZOS is working internally to improve communication and organisation so they can get more presence on forums answering questions, informing players of updates and discussing change.
Many of the teams are active in reading the ESO forums and Reddit to gather feedback and information, however it can take time for them to author responses as they want to make sure replies are up to date and accurate.
It was also mentioned they’re working internally to get everyone on the same page with information so they can speak more openly about things without contradicting one another or mentioning things which might not be ready to announce yet.

Rob Plays Console
Rob mentioned that after joining ZOS he wanted a better understanding of console play and any struggles it may have, as such he switched to playing the game on console (PS4).
He also commented that he actively uses the PS4 recording features to make videos of bugs he finds, uploads them privately and sends them on to the bug teams at ZOS.

Rob Actively Reads the Forum
Rob confirmed whilst he doesn’t comment on threads, he is active in reading what people are talking about and what people are annoyed with or expressing concerns about.

Confirmation on Rob’s Role at ZOS
Something which came up numerous times in conversation about skills and game balance was Rob’s role and job within the company.
As lead gameplay designer Rob is in charge of organising and directing the gameplay teams, which includes things like Combat, UI, Crafting, Housing, Guilds, Zone Guide, etc. (basically all the stuff that isn't zones, dungeons, quests, lore, etc.). His role is overseeing those teams and looking at the big picture of their collective efforts.
He’s aware of what each team is currently working on but compared to the designers in those teams who work on each area daily he’s a less reliable source for deep details. Whilst he can sometimes comment on a specific skill or change other times it might be better for him to defer the subject matter to the experts.
This came up because we would pester him about specific skill changes, and whilst he could answer most questions, he sometimes wasn’t certain on the exact details (this is an area to speak with Wheeler or the combat team about for detailed changes)

No Plans for Changes in Racial Passives
They don’t have plans at this time to revisit racial passives, they’re happy with where they are.
I did overhear in a different conversation where there was talk of changes in Elsweyr, although this was a comment I heard walking past so can’t confirm if true or context as it contradicts what I heard in a direct conversation.

Alliance Change and Separating Alliances
Discussing the new faction locked campaigns with Rob we spoke about how ZOS wanted to keep the accessibility of people playing with any of their friends but also bring back something to encourage team and faction loyalty.
I spoke with Rob about breaking alliance choice away from character creation (something I’ve wanted to see in ESO for a long time), we spoke about how there are technical issues (which is why they don’t and won’t offer faction changes) and whilst these could be overcome with a large investment of time ZOS needs to balance between if these would be good use of that time vs other things they could be working on.

Little Things Team
I asked Rob about implementing a little things team like EVE Online did, he said they kind of have one which works on QoL changes but it often depends on what the other teams are doing and what’s required for use of developer time.

Slowing Down Content Releases and the Great Fix Patch
I spoke with Rob about the fast release of updates and if ZOS had considered doing a “Great Fix Patch” for one of their updates. He said it’s a question they get a lot and whilst it’s not off the table they as a company do need to produce for everyone and a majority of the bugs and issues faced are not ones everyone encounters or are drastically halting gameplay, as such they need to continue creating content for people who want new content to play and and don’t play at the higher level to notice if a skill or mechanic works a little wonky.

Balance Mentality/CP Changes
I asked Rob about CP changes which expanded into a conversation about balance over all. He mentioned CP really was in a discussion phase and there was nothing concrete about changes, however they’re addressing the system (and all balance changes) from a place of “does this do what it intended to do” and “does it offer options”.
When I joked I would personally love to just see it removed he noted I’m not the only one to say that, however they’re not going to just gut the system without something replacing it.
It’s ESO’s only progression system at present, but he mentioned later in the round table that “does anyone really get excited for each CP they earn after their 900th?” I got the feeling they want to keep the system in play, but want to to find a way to make it interesting, desirable, exciting and contain meaningful choice.
Rob also mentioned that they’re taking a wider look at balance and rather than balancing individual skills up and down they’re heading to root causes of problems and pain points to fix the bigger wider issues.
They’re currently/still working Stamina/Magicka balance and one of the questions they’re asking is “what does it mean to be stamina/melee”

Account Wide Things
Starting in Elsweyr you’ll be able to buy Skyshard SP unlocks for Crowns if you’ve previously completed the achievement on another character. There might be bundles (zones, alliances etc), however much of this was in development at the time and nothing was nailed down.
This is a starting point, in future updates they might add skill lines depending how things go.
No account wide achievements right now.
Personally I am looking forward to the P2W conversations this one is going to spawn (spoiler: it’s still not P2W).

Separating PvE/PvP Skills “Play The Way You Want” Confirmation
During the round table ZOS was asked about separating PvE/PvP skills. They confirmed this isn’t something they’re intending to do and that skills themselves are pretty broken up into ones good for PvP and PvE in general (an example was snares are not as needed in PvE).
It was also mentioned that separating the PvE/PvP skills wouldn’t hold true to their “play the way you want” and that phrase means allowing players to do what they want, even if it’s not optimal. My own interpretation from this is that ZOS wants to throw the options out there and let people do what they want, not that every option has to be viable (something we as the community often use “play the way you want” to demand)

Choosing Starting Story/Tutorial
I asked in the round table about the option to choose starting story/tutorials, it’s something they hear a lot and are looking into, but confirmed it won’t be an option for Elsweyr.

Guild Update
Another question I posed in the Q&A was about if there would be a guild systems update. They’re interested in an update for guilds and guild features, but first they want to work on Guild Finder and getting people into guilds.

Nightmare Mode
Not planned as not enough people are clearing the current content to warrant it, they want to address the current game balance and accessibility first.
Rich also commented people don’t want to run content for the sake of content and there would need to be a reward system in place for this.

Waiting on Previous Request
I asked about if there was plans to deal with this during the round table, Rich said it was there for a reason (and one we can agree is a good one) however it’s not ideal and they would like to address it.

Too Many Sets/Slower Set Release
I asked if ZOS had considered slowing down the set releases as they do so many updates, Rich said they still had a lot of ideas so they didn’t worry about running out of them any time soon, so it seems there will not be slowing down the number of new set releases.

Spell Crafting
Not actively being worked on. They want to address other issues/system before adding this to the game.

Underwater Gameplay
Rich doesn’t really care for it, Rob wanted to say no because it’s a no, but as always he would rather say not something they’re looking as they should never say no without knowing the future (but let’s all be honest, it’s a no). Kai also commented that they did an ESO Live on this in the past and why it's not likely to happen.

Guild Trader Burner Guilds
They’re aware of the issue, they agree it’s not ideal and are trying to think of a way to best address it.

Zone Graphics Update
Asked in the Q&A about updating the graphics for old zones they mentioned it’s something that comes up a lot and there are members of the art/world teams who would love to do this. I don’t remember the reason why they said it hasn’t/isn’t happening right now however.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will answer what I can.
Edited by Turelus on March 28, 2019 1:20PM
@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
"Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice read mate. Thanks.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for writing it up, very nice read. Overall happy with that I'm hearing though I don't know if I agree with their combined PVE/PVP approach. I like their idea of keeping something like CP but make it more exciting... It is indeed pretty underwhelming right now.
    Gwen Benele - Breton Templar
    PC NA
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP related stuff.

Faction Locked Campaigns
    Potentially new ones, not revamp of old ones.

Removal of Guest Campaigns
    Switch to any campaign without needing guest, but only get credit for emp etc. in your home.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    🤔 bigger question will we get that lost skill points from chapters...
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers for that summary @Turelus very cool of you, would have loved to have made the event. appreciate the extra update on PvP too above as that's something ive been after for a while and your line

"Alliance Change and Separating Alliances
    Discussing the new faction locked campaigns with Rob" made it sound like a given and got me excited.

However assume that overides the ability to switch as guest? Else that underminees it
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Cheers for that summary Turelus very cool of you, would have loved to have made the event. appreciate the extra update on PvP too above as that's something ive been after for a while and your line

Discussing the new faction locked campaigns with Rob" made it sound like a given and got me excited.

However assume that overides the ability to switch as guest? Else that underminees it
    I actually have no idea how that works, that would have been a good question.

Other PvP change was that you can't earn Emperor with alts in the same campaign, as they wanted to stop people switching factions back and forth to get Emperor on the same account. Didn't get all the information on this one though.

Next time I really need to take notes.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I was initially really excited for Elsweyr because of the new combat team and some class reps who said they were pretty hyped for what was coming, this just looks like more of the same. These answers against seem like they dont really get the core of what's frustrating with the game and the new preview of the Necro class also indicates that they're going to continue to release the types of skills that make this game hell, and we will see yet another class that is way over tuned for a year+
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat.

That last bit about base game Zones fills me with hope.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was a good read
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Neat.

That last bit about base game Zones fills me with hope.
    I wouldn't get too excited as it was very much a feeling of "we would like to but, when?" although Rich did say the art teams would LOVE to. Apparently they have some on those teams who drool at the idea of updating the old zone graphics.

Edit: The round table was also recorded by at least three people, they might share the videos so you can get better ideas than my bad memory and paraphrasing.
    Edited by Turelus on March 28, 2019 2:05PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What about vDSA, VMA, VAS arena weapon changes? Are they adding back 1 piece bonus?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about vDSA, VMA, VAS arena weapon changes? Are they adding back 1 piece bonus?
    Wasn't something that came up in any conversations I was involved in, sorry. Might be a question for the class reps.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Wasn't something that came up in any conversations I was involved in, sorry. Might be a question for the class reps.

@Masel is right person to ask. Not sure if can answer but do know he has community back for the hope.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the information :)
    Account Wide Things
    Starting in Elsweyr you’ll be able to buy Skyshard SP unlocks for Crowns if you’ve previously completed the achievement on another character. There might be bundles (zones, alliances etc), however much of this was in development at the time and nothing was nailed down.
    This is a starting point, in future updates they might add skill lines depending how things go.
    No account wide achievements right now.
    Personally I am looking forward to the P2W conversations this one is going to spawn (spoiler: it’s still not P2W).

Though I don't like the above changes.
    Skyshard packs, monster helm items and skill lines in the crown store etc. is P2W.
    There is no point arguing about it.
    The moment it lands in the crown store, I will safely label ESO as P2W game.

I predicted this may happen.
    Here is a post I posted yesterday:
    Universe wrote: »
    Class change token was suggested thousands of times by now and the Developers are determined to not implement it.
    I can understand their reasoning to not implement it.
    Some of the major drawbacks from such a token:
    A. Players will switch to the current "winning class" instead of keep playing on all classes and achieve overall balance(I can imagine thousands will switch to Nightblade/Warden).
    B. Less players will roll new characters = less activity in the different zones and less money for ZOS to make from the crown store.
    C. Players will know much less about their class since their playtime is basically 0.
    A true learning process is to actually learn from mistakes and since they didn't play, no mistakes corrections = 0 skill.
    D. It will not be fair to all those who have multiple characters with different classes they invested a lot of time to level.
    E. A game that sells any kind of major artificial advancement makes it's own gameplay meaningless.

What's next after class change token ?
    You will want 100 skyshard pack and 2X any monster helm set in the game, 10,000 crowns for Emperor achievement ? etc.
    Let's not change this game to P2W.

Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In short - ZOS is working actively on new content for crown store, all other issues are "looked at and under consideration" but without any real plans to be fixed.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyshard packs, monster helm items and skill lines in the crown store etc. is P2W.
    I would still argue it isn't because the player has already done the work, this is just saving you time on new characters from running around zones gathering shards just to play your new character.

It's granting no advantage save the time investment of new characters getting skills which there are already things in the store that do that on some level.

There is nothing being sold that grants a distinct and real money only advantage. P2W for me at least is things like "gold ammo".
    In short - ZOS is working actively on new content for crown store, all other issues are "looked at and under consideration" but without any real plans to be fixed.
    I think you chose to read my write up in a very specific way to get to that outcome. :tongue:
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of thoughts o this.

Great

Rob Plays Console
    hmu Assassin_ezio21we can talk

Being content with woodelf is concerning and i hope the overheard conversation is more accurate

Faction locked campaigns are a good move. Its something I fully support and have wanted for a long time. I dont think alliance change tokens are necessary and would do more harm than good.

Them balancing in broad strokes is part of the problem. It losses class identity and makes them all feel the same. There are things certain classes should do that others cannot. Its part of the choice in choosing a class. Without the certain advantages and weaknesses of the classes your just having us pick which animations are cooler.

Enough with stam. You know what it means to be stam? it means your actually on a well preforming class. Start considering mag.

Account Wide Things

Im really not happy about this. I dont want to pay you zos to have skyshards unlocked. I want to go out, myself, to get them. Pc has had skyshard and lore book markers FOR YEARS. Even with this they can go out, not paying you and get skyshards themselves. Yet on console trying to do that is so much more annoying. You need to figure out which ones you have already grabbed, you need another device (we dont have second screens either) to look up the locations them mark them on are map, just approximating there location. The fact that you are jumping to let us pay for this but wont give console the same tool pc has had for yrs is really showing you being zo$ instead of zos.

Nightmare Mode
    Not planned as not enough people are clearing the current content to warrant it, they want to address the current game balance and accessibility first.
    Rich also commented people don’t want to run content for the sake of content and there would need to be a reward system in place for this.

I would disagree @ZOS_RichLambert , there is plenty of content in eso i would run if the rewards were removed. Cyrodil, trials, bgs, even some dungeons and im really not a huge dungeon person. Problem is its very hard to get a group of other players that want to run and even harder to get ones capable of beating it. Dont know if there is anything zos is able to do with this other than improving the dungeon finder.

Good, there a plague
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would still argue it isn't because the player has already done the work, this is just saving you time on new characters from running around zones gathering shards just to play your new character.

It's granting no advantage save the time investment of new characters getting skills which there are already things in the store that do that on some level.

There is nothing being sold that grants a distinct and real money only advantage. P2W for me at least is things like "gold ammo".
    Some shortcuts are fine, like upgrading the Riding Speed/Stamina/Capacity and reducing crafting research time, but when the shortcuts are directly related to combat effectiveness and hard earned achievements, it crosses a thin line to the P2W model.
    While players will not get exclusive special weapons/power from the new crown store features, they will utilize the crown store to get stronger and skip a lot of normal gameplay & achievements.

Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you chose to read my write up in a very specific way to get to that outcome. :tongue:

I read it 3 times just to be sure that I'm not wrong or biased.

Check-list of "No" if you like:
    1. Big patch to fix perfomance - NO
    2. Locking alliance for account for time of campaign to prevent scam - NO
    3. Separating PVE/PVP rule set - NO
    4. Choosing starting zone - NO
    5. Guild update - NO
    6. New harder mode for dungeons/overland - NO
    7. Spell crafting - NO
    8. Adding underwater accessibility which existed from TES2 times.. NO
    9. Review of old zones - NO

What about "yes"
    1. Skyshards packs in crownstore, a-la time savers - YES

'Work is progress without ETA"
    1. Groupfinder issues
    2. CP changes
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Cheers for that summary Turelus very cool of you, would have loved to have made the event. appreciate the extra update on PvP too above as that's something ive been after for a while and your line

I actually have no idea how that works, that would have been a good question.

Other PvP change was that you can't earn Emperor with alts in the same campaign, as they wanted to stop people switching factions back and forth to get Emperor on the same account. Didn't get all the information on this one though.

Next time I really need to take notes.

Or just record it on yer phone... :trollface:
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys know what Pay to Win means right? Because I think some people do not. P2W would imply there is something in the crown store that gives you an unfair advantage buy simplying buying something that you couldnt get otherwise. First, you have to already have found the skyshards on a different toon sounds like and two, you can simply go find them. Its Pay for convenience.

Please stop the P2W nonsense
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some shortcuts are fine, like upgrading the Riding Speed/Stamina/Capacity and reducing crafting research time, but when the shortcuts are directly related to combat effectiveness and hard earned achievements, it crosses a thin line to the P2W model.
    While players will not get exclusive special weapons/power from the new crown store features, they will utilize the crown store to get stronger and skip a lot of normal gameplay & achievements.
    @Universe I made a poll/thread we can debate it in as to not derail this one too much (not that I don't enjoy the free bumps).
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/465524/is-buying-skyshard-sp-pay-to-win

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "No Plans for Changes in Racial Passives
    They don’t have plans at this time to revisit racial passives, they’re happy with where they are."

In that case, I have no plans to purchase Elsweyr. It is as simple as that.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »
    A lot of thoughts o this.

Great

Rob Plays Console
    hmu Assassin_ezio21we can talk

Being content with woodelf is concerning and i hope the overheard conversation is more accurate

Faction locked campaigns are a good move. Its something I fully support and have wanted for a long time. I dont think alliance change tokens are necessary and would do more harm than good.

Them balancing in broad strokes is part of the problem. It losses class identity and makes them all feel the same. There are things certain classes should do that others cannot. Its part of the choice in choosing a class. Without the certain advantages and weaknesses of the classes your just having us pick which animations are cooler.

Enough with stam. You know what it means to be stam? it means your actually on a well preforming class. Start considering mag.

Account Wide Things

Im really not happy about this. I dont want to pay you zos to have skyshards unlocked. I want to go out, myself, to get them. Pc has had skyshard and lore book markers FOR YEARS. Even with this they can go out, not paying you and get skyshards themselves. Yet on console trying to do that is so much more annoying. You need to figure out which ones you have already grabbed, you need another device (we dont have second screens either) to look up the locations them mark them on are map, just approximating there location. The fact that you are jumping to let us pay for this but wont give console the same tool pc has had for yrs is really showing you being zo$ instead of zos.

Nightmare Mode

I would disagree @ZOS_RichLambert , there is plenty of content in eso i would run if the rewards were removed. Cyrodil, trials, bgs, even some dungeons and im really not a huge dungeon person. Problem is its very hard to get a group of other players that want to run and even harder to get ones capable of beating it. Dont know if there is anything zos is able to do with this other than improving the dungeon finder.

Good, there a plague

I would run quests more if combat with mobs was more interesting. Not harder per say just more interesting.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    I would run quests more if combat with mobs was more interesting. Not harder per say just more interesting.
    There is a fine line there though when interesting becomes a chore. When I am doing story/quest content I want feel engaged, but I don't want every trash fight to become a grind or tactical chess game.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This was very informative!
    ZOS is working internally to improve communication and organisation so they can get more presence on forums answering questions, informing players of updates and discussing change.
    Many of the teams are active in reading the ESO forums and Reddit to gather feedback and information, however it can take time for them to author responses as they want to make sure replies are up to date and accurate.
    It was also mentioned they’re working internally to get everyone on the same page with information so they can speak more openly about things without contradicting one another or mentioning things which might not be ready to announce yet.

I especially appreciated this little tidbit.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    You guys know what Pay to Win means right? Because I think some people do not. P2W would imply there is something in the crown store that gives you an unfair advantage buy simplying buying something that you couldnt get otherwise. First, you have to already have found the skyshards on a different toon sounds like and two, you can simply go find them. Its Pay for convenience.

Please stop the P2W nonsense
    I say putting perfect gear and vma weapons in crownstore would also be P2W as its hard to get.
    Same with stuff like Berserking Warrior weapons because the low drop rate.

Skyshards are not hard to get just time consuming but getting mage guild up to max takes time and all over the map anyway.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great write up, thank you!! You really covered a lot and most of the responses are good.
    I have to say I'm not surprised at all by the response on fixes and performance. Just kind of confirming what we already know; if it's not the Crown Store it's not getting fixed. We'll be stuck in combat and reporting bugs for years and nothing will happen. He's downplaying some of these issues by calling them "wonky" or "are not drastically halting gameplay". $$ over quality.

I spoke with Rob about the fast release of updates and if ZOS had considered doing a “Great Fix Patch” for one of their updates. He said it’s a question they get a lot and whilst it’s not off the table they as a company do need to produce for everyone and a majority of the bugs and issues faced are not ones everyone encounters or are drastically halting gameplay, as such they need to continue creating content for people who want new content to play and and don’t play at the higher level to notice if a skill or mechanic works a little wonky.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    Great write up, thank you!! You really covered a lot and most of the responses are good.
    I have to say I'm not surprised at all by the response on fixes and performance. Just kind of confirming what we already know; if it's not the Crown Store it's not getting fixed. We'll be stuck in combat and reporting bugs for years and nothing will happen. He's downplaying some of these issues by calling them "wonky" or "are not drastically halting gameplay". $$ over quality.

Wonky was my terminology, Rob's exact reply was probably much better worded.
    The idea of what he was saying though (again my wording and phrasing) was that most of the issues we suffer, whether we like to believe it or not are not exactly "game breaking" just very frustrating, and focusing an entire development cycle to them would leave a lot of people without new content to play.

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I mean ESO can already be classed as potentially P2W since technically you can convert RL money into in game Gold which can be spent on anything such as gear from carry runs etc etc

That being said arguing that Skyshards is your line in the sand is fairly ridiculous. I could understand IF it was the case that we would get access to way more skyshards than anyone else only via crowns but this is simply a time shortcut. i.e. gaining access that anyone can get via time expediency.

Personally I don't really care provided players cannot buy something better with RL money than anyone playing the game could receive by playing the game. For example. "20k Oblivion DMG enchant" for gear for 60k crowns would clearly be P2W because its not obtainable in game via other means.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)