The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DK is corny af rn

a1i3nz
a1i3nz
✭✭✭✭
Whoa coming back after a while and PVP blows. I could count half of any Zerg and DK spamming wings and mist form.

I can watch one guy tanking 20 other players only using those two moves.

Is this just another rotation where you guys make one class OP for a while and then nerf it or nah?
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless the DK was also killing a bunch of the players they attracted then it’s no big deal, just a troll tank. If the DKs friends were killing all the players then the joke’s on them for falling into that trap.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag DKs are not OP in any sense. What is even the point of this thread. Maybe spend a few weeks back in PvP at least before you start adding to the “god mode” threads.
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good magdk can outlive a group of enemy players and kill them all one by one.

You know who else can do that? A good player playing ANY class.

Magdk are the weakest class in the game in regards to both class regen and handling the bleed/obliv damage meta. Wings is the only skill that keeps them somewhat playable, and still they are way less powerful than most other classes.
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NirnStorm wrote: »

Magdk are the weakest class in the game in regards to both class regen and handling the bleed/obliv damage meta. Wings is the only skill that keeps them somewhat playable, and still they are way less powerful than most other classes.

They are? Sounds to me more like MagDKs don’t want to slot back bar resto and stick to sword and board. At what point is it the player and not the class?
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Mag DKs are not OP in any sense. What is even the point of this thread. Maybe spend a few weeks back in PvP at least before you start adding to the “god mode” threads.

lol

not god mode but lol

DK has always been a bit OP in some cases
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the laugh. Strongest CC in the game. Reflective scales. Health return on power whip and embers....OP cheap ultimate.....

Bahahahaha..your funny.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it nerf MagDK day?
    PC EU
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a1i3nz wrote: »
    Whoa coming back after a while and PVP blows. I could count half of any Zerg and DK spamming wings and mist form.

I can watch one guy tanking 20 other players only using those two moves.

Is this just another rotation where you guys make one class OP for a while and then nerf it or nah?

I like to imagine all the DK players play this as their collective themesong while terrorizing PvP :D
    Edited by LordTareq on March 25, 2019 6:19PM
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love to see Nightblade mains respond that DKs are OP.

“WiNgS aRe OvErPoWeReD!!!” [cloaks away]

As it was said earlier: a good player can make any build amazing. Every class (stam or mag) has some aspect about it that is annoyingly OP to a different class. It’s supposed to be the rock/paper/scissors of balance.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs offense is primarily single target, making it good at dueling but not so great in group vs group stuff
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    DKs offense is primarily single target, making it good at dueling but not so great in group vs group stuff

I disagree. I’ve seen DKs struggle to get killing blows in death matches because of the execute thing, but that is only part of their contribution. Half the pvp specs I see these days are dead weight unless they have a tanky type in front of them because they’re too glass canon.

If I made a BG premade dream team I’d always have a DK. It’s like pvp healing, it can be frustrating if your team goes off and does their own thing, but if you solo queue you can’t choose your team.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 25, 2019 6:53PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the laugh. Strongest CC in the game. Reflective scales. Health return on power whip and embers....OP cheap ultimate.....

Bahahahaha..your funny.

Yea I know their ultimate is so op. It only costs 70 ultimate, applies major defile and increases your damage against them by 20%... Oh wait.
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, except that they have an AOE snare, an AOE root, 2 AOE ultimates, and about 3 abilities that deal AOE damage. :D
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

I disagree. I’ve seen DKs struggle to get killing blows in death matches because of the execute thing, but that is only part of their contribution. Half the pvp specs I see these days are dead weight unless they have a tanky type in front of them because they’re too glass canon.

If I made a BG premade dream team I’d always have a DK. It’s like pvp healing, it can be frustrating if your team goes off and does their own thing, but if you solo queue you can’t choose your team.

Just because they don't get killing blows doesn't mean they aren't useful and fun to play.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why aren’t they good in groups? If anything they’re top 3 group support. Debatably Top 1 or 2 for group support dps, magden is my choice, best group support all around.

Magdk has aoe damage, snares, roots, ultimates, group buff and while the cc is single target it’s still effective. Out of all classes magdk is probably the best class overall in this meta when you consider how well they do in 1v1 and group play. Because what other spec does both at the same level as magdk? Magplar?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You and I aren’t playing in the same matches.

There are no high MMR Stam DKs that are effective with class abilities on PC NA. Highest would be mystikal but he uses proc sets and weapon abilities, not class dmg abilities. He’d be the first to tell you that he’s limited by his class choice.
    NyassaV wrote: »

Just because they don't get killing blows doesn't mean they aren't useful and fun to play.

They are fun to play and useful.. but compared to a stamden, Stam sorc, or stamplar they simply don’t bring as much to the table for the group. Individual survivability is not something that benefits a group.

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    The point is nothing

Just saying what I see

Some of y’all been on here every day since 2014 huh

^looks at his profile and sees the one true forum warrior
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »

lol

not god mode but lol

DK has always been a bit OP in some cases

Maybe we don’t play the same game but imo DKs haven’t been OP for a long time. Mag DKs are strong rn because the slow tanky meta is in. They’re good 1v1 running skoria. If they’re not running that particular proc set they’re pretty easy to deal with.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually feel unrelated to the anti DK bias that the topic of troll tanks is pretty legit these days.

they have always been an issue, but I feel like I have seen more of them lately, usually there is like at least one in a zerg but I was constantly running into 2-3 in small mans?

particularly templar and warden in this case as they were able to support others very easily while still remaining impossible to kill.

I was incredibly surprised as I have damn near 70% defile on my main and they were still able to heal through like it was nothing with 10 people just pummeling them (not ALL noobs)

im damn near considering jumping on that bandwagon myself

ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    I actually feel unrelated to the anti DK bias that the topic of troll tanks is pretty legit these days.

they have always been an issue, but I feel like I have seen more of them lately, usually there is like at least one in a zerg but I was constantly running into 2-3 in small mans?

particularly templar and warden in this case as they were able to support others very easily while still remaining impossible to kill.

I was incredibly surprised as I have damn near 70% defile on my main and they were still able to heal through like it was nothing with 10 people just pummeling them (not ALL noobs)

This is a separate issue entirely. ZOS has failed to truly addresss the tank issue for way too long and it’s gotten so out of hand that now most players are tanks. I now fully expect that if I engage a player they may very well just stand there and ignore me knowing that I cannot kill them and they lack the damage to kill me without their group/zerg. Imo it is a problem second only to the snare issue. It’s really sad. Because of certain sets people are stacking 55k+ resists these days. They desperately need to address this without hitting medium and light builds.
    Edited by Vapirko on March 26, 2019 8:01AM
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dks are good at shutting down ranged classes and being annoying zergling tanks, other than that they arent that great. Even in dueling i dont think they are that top tier anymore, magsorcs hit harder and are tankier and good magplars with bubble will pressure the hell out of a DK, still top 3 tho but other classes like stamsorc and stamblade come very close.
  • Ramzdonb16_ESO
    Ramzdonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mag DKs are in an awful spot right now. Struggling to make things work like they used to last patch. Been sticking to my stamblade because they're op. Not on the wardens level though they are just disgusting.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually strongly disagree with what you are saying here. I just dusted off my magdk, threw in some random BSW + bloodthorn pieces with a lightning staff and have absolutly amazing aoe damage. WoE, inhale, leap, talons are all extremely strong and resource efficient skills. I'm not saying I'm expert at playing magdk, but I'm sure if I round up my build and sharpen my skills this build absolutly destroys in group combat, and there's a lot of passive bonuses magdk brings to the group.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love to see Nightblade mains respond that DKs are OP.

“WiNgS aRe OvErPoWeReD!!!” [cloaks away]

As it was said earlier: a good player can make any build amazing. Every class (stam or mag) has some aspect about it that is annoyingly OP to a different class. It’s supposed to be the rock/paper/scissors of balance.

I don't want mdks nerfed at all, but I had to chime in as a magblade who doesn't use cloak.
    How would you feel if I could reflect your light attacks, your flame lash, and your burning embers? Because DKs can reflect my light attacks, my primary spammable and my DoT.
    So say whatever you want, but fighting a dk as a magblade is a lot harder than the other way around.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only issue with MDK is wings completely negating certain styles with no counters to it. Most of the good DK’s who hit wings keep em up and sustain it.
    Honestly they could use a sustain buff but aside from that wings needs to be done away with. Replace it with a 50% health shield and increase the duration of snare and root immunity to 4 seconds.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

I HAVE BEEN PREACHING THIS.

noone believes me untill they see it with their own eyes omg that satisfaction.

its like u saw an actuall vampire or unicorn or a vampire riding a unicorn and people would call u crazy even tho u speak the truth
    Edited by Noctus on March 26, 2019 11:38AM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dk is strong right now, anyone who says otherwise is lying and wants to downplay it because zos goes all nerf crazy when something performs well.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made a DK because they were supposed to be so OP. While it is fun to play, I never felt super strong. So I turned her into a PvE tank. She does very well at that role.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I made a DK because they were supposed to be so OP. While it is fun to play, I never felt super strong. So I turned her into a PvE tank. She does very well at that role.

Agreed, they’re strong it’s just how most play their spec. The self healing is strong enough that most feel that they don’t need a resto staff, and spec pure glass canon and crutch on wings for defense. It’s been a solid tactic for a while but with Templars being mainly channels and sorcs having some non-reflectable stuff they haven’t adapted.

Have you ever seen a magdk with a resto staff? S&B and fire is the standard. Most mag classes would die in seconds if they tried the same tactic. Right now it’s just cloak blades and magdk who can pull it off, and a cloak blades will die in 2 GCDs if they’re caught. DKs seem to complain if they can’t tank 10 people at once without a defensive set.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 26, 2019 7:03PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »

They're strong, but they are hard to play effectively, so it's fine. Classes like stamblade where you have hard hitting abilities with debuffs attached to them like incap and surprise attack, AND also have the ability to disappear at will are strong and easy to play, which is generally why they are complained about and looked down on more.
    Like, if I get killed by a nightblade I think nothing of it because they got carried by their class. If I get killed by a magicka dk I think "Damn, they were pretty good"