Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where are the potatoes?

• Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, just confirmed, the potato tent is just to the east of the Grimfield wayshrine on Betnikh. I was able to get 15 loose potatoes. Stand at the wayshrine, look directly east and you can see it. Going there once every day for a week would get you 105 potatoes. You would have 5,475 after a year (5,490 if it's a leap year).
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    China. Apparently China grow the most.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, just confirmed, the potato tent is just to the east of the Grimfield wayshrine on Betnikh. I was able to get 15 loose potatoes. Stand at the wayshrine, look directly east and you can see it. Going there once every day for a week would get you 105 potatoes. You would have 5,475 after a year (5,490 if it's a leap year).

AMsV.gif

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @therift - how many do you need? I think I have GOBS - on both accounts.... but then.... I open every container, and actually, you know, potatoes aren't really that often IN containers.

So, yeah - Bleackrock - head for the skyshard outside the frozen cave (sorry, not in game right now, can't remember what the name is). Before you hit water, turn right. There's a trashed wagon or cart not far away to the right, probably half a dozen there. I'll think about where I've seen others.

But if you're on PC/NA, mail me, and I'll send you some.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Sylvermynx

Many thanks, but I am all set on potatoes. I am a frequent visitor to the potato patch on Betnihk.

I was harping on spelling in OP's meme. Misspellings, improper punctuation, and poor grammar are vexing, but my normal policy is to cringe internally and let it slide. ;)
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ookami007 wrote: »

AMsV.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihMMw0rnKz4
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a spawn in bankgori dungeon sitting on table if I recall.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    Where can I find abundant sources of potatoes?

tatters-whats-tatters-precious.jpg

I feel your pain. I had so much trouble finding potatoes when I first started playing that to this day I get excited when I get one, and my husband still jokes about it.

Only when I got to Stirk was I able to get enough potatoes. I even left the island and came back a few times so the potatoes would spawn for me again. Desperate times and all of that.

Yeah back in day that baked potato crafting writs was painful.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »
    They make up the majority of blue and yellow players in cyrodiil.

BOOM!

Potatoes are usually just behind the sausages
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm offline now while maintenance is ongoing but...there is a place by a Wayshrine in one of the starter zones....Betnikh I think. There is a little campsite with a wagon and a few Wolves there and a bunch of Potatoes. Every time I go there I grab them all. I think there are around 16 or so counting the ones in the Wagon. This Wayshrine is near the water. Can't remember the name of it and can't get online to tell ya the name.

• Amisce
    Amisce
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm offline now while maintenance is ongoing but...there is a place by a Wayshrine in one of the starter zones....Betnikh I think. There is a little campsite with a wagon and a few Wolves there and a bunch of Potatoes. Every time I go there I grab them all. I think there are around 16 or so counting the ones in the Wagon. This Wayshrine is near the water. Can't remember the name of it and can't get online to tell ya the name.

Read thread, then post ;)
    I often wonder if you could get a rock to grow if you cared for it enough.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »
    @Sylvermynx

Many thanks, but I am all set on potatoes. I am a frequent visitor to the potato patch on Betnihk.

I was harping on spelling in OP's meme. Misspellings, improper punctuation, and poor grammar are vexing, but my normal policy is to cringe internally and let it slide. ;)

"Vexing"? Ooooo! Edgy!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some once mailed me one potato.
    Eiter it was an mistake or they thought my performance in dungeon was so impressive I deserved an extra reward :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    It is spelled "Taters" not "Tatters"

"Tatters" are ripped up pieces of cloth.

Example: I tore this meme to tatters, because I have no taters to eat.

Good day.

WARNING! WARNING! Grammar/Spelling Police! DANGER! DANGER!

Please refrain from using the symbol "/" when commenting as this has no place in the written word. The word and or or should be used in preference to the aforementioned symbol
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Good day.

Yup.

Spell correctly if you wish to be understood. Every computing device has built-in spelling check and dictionary, as well as access to the internet for the same. There is no excuse for misspelling for native English speakers. Further, the difference between "tatters" and "taters" is significant enough to render a completely different meaning.

Perhaps the necessity for spelling correctly is best illustrated with an example. Suppose you were set upon by a pack of rabid skeevers. Their bites are painful. Would you prefer the skeevers to 'step', 'stoop', or 'stop'?

I would prefer to vanish and let the skeevers go after you.

8D

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grkkll wrote: »

Good day.

Please refrain from using the symbol "/" when commenting as this has no place in the written word. The word and or or should be used in preference to the aforementioned symbol

Ya know... I'm "divided" on this subject... :)
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good day.

Ya know... I'm "divided" on this subject... :)

Tell me about it, I’m conflicted slash chagrined with that comment.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plenty of them in AD on Sotha Sil
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Good day.

These are forums, therefore informal writing is completely acceptable. While the various / usages should generally be avoided in formal writing, they are not in any sense forbidden. There are also some formal situations (philology for example) where the slash is used (in the lineage of a word's etymology in the provided example). It is also used in formal situations to indicate an alternate name where there is a conflict so as to show some degree of neutrality (Arabian/Persian Gulf, Israel/Palestine, etc.).

So in my opinion this is an inappropriate request given the formal uses for the symbol, as well as in consideration of the nature of the writing inherent to the internet.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

tatters-whats-tatters-precious.jpg

Look no further, check german quality servers for EU megaservers... potatos indeed, jokes aside in Betnikh there is a place with loads of them, east of Grimfield wayshrine.

EDIT: ah well read just first page, typed than read the rest, glad you found it before I typed.
    Edited by Jamdarius on March 25, 2019 7:06PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The thread is gone, but I believe I found a spot with 6 or more potatoes on a table in NW Betnik, though I can't recall for sure. It was a tent out somewhat SE the wayshrine on that side IIRC.
    PC
    PS4/PS5