The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

State of PvP: Poor Performance

• Gretzel
    Gretzel
    ✭✭✭
    It crashes on 1/3rd of loading screens in Vivec and Cc break/ weapon swapping has become totally unresponsive. Its pretty unnacceptable but not surprising given this publisher's tracklist. Even Daggerfall with bugfixes 22 years ago was a broken mess and Skyrim needs 100 mods to not be a piece of *** game. This is what happens when you hire leads because they were freinds with the CEO in highschool. I know Bethesda isnt the dev for this but the problems look like they are.
    Edited by Gretzel on March 23, 2019 1:58PM
    Sorc dps / DK tank / Templar healer - Xbox NA - Black Marsh Legion - cp 270
  • Ayastigi
    Ayastigi
    ✭✭✭✭
    bump
  • Seenoevil
    Seenoevil
    ✭✭✭

The best way to deal with this is for server strikes...arrange a few days or even a week where the entirety of the eso community of all platforms abandon the game and cancel subs.make every red flag wave for zos and bethesda. The effort that zos put into there content is something truly remarkable, but how can we play when half the time your getting booted off the game before character select.Flood every single section with performance threads for the week. None of this nerf this and nerf that..just straight up performance (constructive ofc)

The entire forum every section... performance issues 100 threads of poor performance in each category and sub category. Bad publicity is any game developers nightmare

Let the good folk at zos and bethesda know that we love the game... always have but enough is enough.we want playable content...then new content.. no more of our money or time or money is going into the game until a recognizable change is made.
    Working content before new content.

Viva la revolution!!!!!!!!!
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bump
    PS5|EU
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s gotten so bad I can only enjoy the Saturday morning, the rest of the week is an exercise in frustration.

BUMP

Realistically I can only play before prime time, as prime time approaches you can just slowly feel the performance dropping. Meaning I can only get an enjoyable experience when I’m off.

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seenoevil wrote: »
    The best way to deal with this is for server strikes...arrange a few days or even a week where the entirety of the eso community of all platforms abandon the game and cancel subs.make every red flag wave for zos and bethesda. The effort that zos put into there content is something truly remarkable, but how can we play when half the time your getting booted off the game before character select.Flood every single section with performance threads for the week. None of this nerf this and nerf that..just straight up performance (constructive ofc)

The entire forum every section... performance issues 100 threads of poor performance in each category and sub category. Bad publicity is any game developers nightmare

Let the good folk at zos and bethesda know that we love the game... always have but enough is enough.we want playable content...then new content.. no more of our money or time or money is going into the game until a recognizable change is made.

I’d prefer an update just addressing performance, fixes and bugs but it’s probably not going to happen because pve content must be pushed out. A new expansion is on its way , which can either fix some key problems or simply add on to the poor performance. Lately it seems to be the latter.

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    ZOS has got to have a talk with Akamai for us overseas players. It’s currently adding anywhere from 50-100 ms of latency which is much worse than it was for a while. All normal ping tests and my RTT graph for my routing service display a stable and solid 245 ms time to ZOS servers. Get in game and it rarely drops below 300 anymore and it’s been wildly unstable lately on top of that. We’re starting to hit trash levels of performance again.

What’s Akamai?
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sky is always falling.

Every patch there’s a new salt dog claiming the patch has screwed their performance.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Gold farmer fix, Lighting patch, and OP siege quickly removed are my top 3 events in ESO history that *** the PvP side of the game.

Till it's fixed I'm zerging and tbagging all you nightblade meat-lings lol

^
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

Every patch there’s a new salt dog claiming the patch has screwed their performance.

I can’t tell if you’re being dismissive to the obvious performance issues or not

• Ayastigi
    Ayastigi
    ✭✭✭✭
    bump
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, hundreds of us got together before Wrathstone dropped and came up with a plan to complain about performance after it went live.
    We do this every update for no reason at all.

Bro it took me quite literally 2 seconds to bar swap tonight on Sotha, but oddly enough it only showed 181 ping (which is still high compared to its previous standards). So I'm casting my shields on the back bar, quickly try to go back to the front on offensive but it didn't actually swap, so I'm standing there spamming shields.
    This is not okay. The game should not be performing as bad as it is, and it's getting worse. PvP is complete and utter dogsh*t right now.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The EU meta sorc build with Armormaster/Necro/Master inferno and Matriarch are since the wrathstone patch (pet buff) the biggest carry build in the game atm.
    If you struggle with sorc now please uninstall and go play Tetris.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on March 24, 2019 1:07AM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Bro it took me quite literally 2 seconds to bar swap tonight on Sotha, but oddly enough it only showed 181 ping (which is still high compared to its previous standards). So I'm casting my shields on the back bar, quickly try to go back to the front on offensive but it didn't actually swap, so I'm standing there spamming shields.
    This is not okay. The game should not be performing as bad as it is, and it's getting worse. PvP is complete and utter dogsh*t right now.

Anyone playing the game since launch would say that sounds like business as usual in Cyrodiil.

People still going to sub, buy crowns, and log in to play. And in a year or so, maybe sooner, someone new will post the exact same thing I just quoted you for.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imagine game devs being so clueless they make a game worse and more broken after 5 years 😂😂😂
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can’t tell if you’re being dismissive to the obvious performance issues or not

They pretty much are.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vivec on PC/NA was basically unplayable by 10am EST this morning. 200+ ping, but ability and bar swap lag/delay far, far beyond 200ms, seemingly up to 1 second or longer at times. <100ms and no ability lag anywhere else besides Vivec at the time.

I don't know what the issue is, but it's server side, not client side, and it needs to be fixed. I feel really bad for people who can only pvp on the weekends.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    eex2om53.gif
    Edited by Sun7dance on March 24, 2019 6:09AM
    PS5|EU
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I’d prefer an update just addressing performance, fixes and bugs but it’s probably not going to happen because pve content must be pushed out. A new expansion is on its way , which can either fix some key problems or simply add on to the poor performance. Lately it seems to be the latter.

Why would it influence PVE content? There's separate teams working on different aspects of the game, and I can guarantee there's a separate team responsible for managing the servers. The problem would more be how many resources are allocated to that team, or how many people on on that team.
    ZOS has got to have a talk with Akamai for us overseas players. It’s currently adding anywhere from 50-100 ms of latency which is much worse than it was for a while. All normal ping tests and my RTT graph for my routing service display a stable and solid 245 ms time to ZOS servers. Get in game and it rarely drops below 300 anymore and it’s been wildly unstable lately on top of that. We’re starting to hit trash levels of performance again.

What’s Akamai?

Akamai is the DDOS protection service Zenimax uses to prevent DDOS attacks. Mid to late last year, Akamai opened a new data center in Singapore, and has routed most Oceanic traffic to that data center rather than the NA center. Problem is, there's so many connections in that area of Asia that our ping has basically doubled since then, because our traffic is having to make like 5x as many hops as it used to.

The fix is literally just routing the affected Oceanic traffic directly to the US and dealing with it in the NA data center, and we know this because we can do this ourselves with VPN's -- I use Mudfish, which sends my traffic straight across to the US, where it's treated as ordinary US traffic, and since using it, my ping has literally halved, back to what it was before. But why should we have to pay for a third-party VPN, just to fix Akamai's screw up?
  • Ayastigi
    Ayastigi
    ✭✭✭✭
    bump
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Imagine game devs being so clueless they make a game worse and more broken after 5 years 😂😂😂

Imagine players being so clueless to continue playing this broken game after 5 years
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »

Why would it influence PVE content? There's separate teams working on different aspects of the game, and I can guarantee there's a separate team responsible for managing the servers. The problem would more be how many resources are allocated to that team, or how many people on on that team.

What’s Akamai?

Akamai is the DDOS protection service Zenimax uses to prevent DDOS attacks. Mid to late last year, Akamai opened a new data center in Singapore, and has routed most Oceanic traffic to that data center rather than the NA center. Problem is, there's so many connections in that area of Asia that our ping has basically doubled since then, because our traffic is having to make like 5x as many hops as it used to.

The fix is literally just routing the affected Oceanic traffic directly to the US and dealing with it in the NA data center, and we know this because we can do this ourselves with VPN's -- I use Mudfish, which sends my traffic straight across to the US, where it's treated as ordinary US traffic, and since using it, my ping has literally halved, back to what it was before. But why should we have to pay for a third-party VPN, just to fix Akamai's screw up?

I meant if content is still being released then it wouldn’t be an update focused on fixing the game. While they have teams for certain things, adding more content in the same patch can just add more problems or make current problems worse.

And I see, I can only imagine the ping issues that create.

I’ve also used a vpn to play a game that was only out in Japan, I’m no expert with it but it was a pain to use cause the connection was terrible.

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They pretty much are.

I figured much but I don’t see how anyone can just overlook performance issues.

• Ayastigi
    Ayastigi
    ✭✭✭✭
    bump
  • Ayastigi
    Ayastigi
    ✭✭✭✭
    bump
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I do no think money will fix everything. It wont get any better until a breakthrough/new generation of technology emerges in my opinion.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday evening performance on Vivec PC EU was really bad because there ran at least one AD and one EP ballgroup.
    PC EU - DC only
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I do no think money will fix everything. It wont get any better until a breakthrough/new generation of technology emerges in my opinion.

I honestly think it’s because the focus is more on pushing new content out before fixing current problems. So patch after patch the same problems are still in the game or a new problem appears making the old problems even worse. Guess the important question is how many people do they have dedicated to fixing the game.
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bump
    PS5|EU