The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamblades in High MMR Matches

• cuddles_with_wroble
    Thogard wrote: »
    Thoughts?

I play nb as a main and from my expiriance in high mmr matches its best not to bring one, unless your in a premade than you can ordinate fear bombs and other stuff but its still just a worse version of every other stam class. you have to change your build to be more brawler type with dw and 2h so you can dawnbreaker and spin to win, this way your at least being helpful to your team and adding to the overall burst you have to take down another team. the main issure is that you bring no type of team utility outside of raw burst damage and even then your aoe burst is some of the lowest in the game so your not really a shining star there either. all in all its just not a very good class for any type of group based activity so just bring something else.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve found the best solution for my stamblade in pvp. Just keep playing and your MMR will drop to where you’ll do okay.

I’m so used to pvp healing I use Soul Siphon and Vigor with troll king to help heal the group. I can’t help it.

I find a tanky type in my group and just follow them around, peel from the healer if there is one, and also target block team mates if they’re low health. 2H and bow, poison injection, poison spray, and snipe sorcs and Templars. Close with the two hander to help against DKs.

I’d probably be useless in high MMR, but in your average BG I do okay. Sometimes you just need someone to help push opponents over the edge to kill them.

This is my alt so I don’t care if I’m ‘Leetz’ and just want to have a bit of fun and do the daily.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Haojin
    Haojin
    ✭✭✭
    Thoughts?

what can a stamblade bring a group; (not mentioning meme builds)

+fear as aoe cc
    +-single target high burst damage (might be good with 2 aoe dd + 1 single target stamblade + 1 healer ) *
    +minor savagery
    +soul siphon and morphs
    +consuming darkness and morphs( longest maj protection in game + syngery )
    +some mobility support from path of darkness (magicka)
    +single target debuff from mark (magicka)

-maj resolve uptime if not with 5/6 heavy (if you go heavy, you lose burst)
    -cloak mechanic (you cant spam it, your enemies can break it in heavy aoe environment.) **
    -rely on weapon abilities for aoe pressure (s2w or rs from 2h)

*: 2 stamden + 1 stamblade combo might work for bursting down 1 target,; 2 sub + 2 db + incap combo from stamblade. tbh, results will be similiar , even better with 3 stamden.

**: other morph of cloak costs magicka, which makes the brawler style meh, and losing cloak mechanic *** the master assassin passive.
    Guildmaster of Phalanx

PC-EU Vivec/Sotha Sil
    Hao Jin [Stamden]
    Haojun [Stamdk]
    Haojin [Stamsorc]
    Hao'jin [Stamplar]
    Food Fetish [Stamblade]

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haojin wrote: »
    Thoughts?

what can a stamblade bring a group; (not mentioning meme builds)

+fear as aoe cc
    +-single target high burst damage (might be good with 2 aoe dd + 1 single target stamblade + 1 healer ) *
    +minor savagery
    +soul siphon and morphs
    +consuming darkness and morphs( longest maj protection in game + syngery )
    +some mobility support from path of darkness (magicka)
    +single target debuff from mark (magicka)

-maj resolve uptime if not with 5/6 heavy (if you go heavy, you lose burst)
    -cloak mechanic (you cant spam it, your enemies can break it in heavy aoe environment.) **
    -rely on weapon abilities for aoe pressure (s2w or rs from 2h)

*: 2 stamden + 1 stamblade combo might work for bursting down 1 target,; 2 sub + 2 db + incap combo from stamblade. tbh, results will be similiar , even better with 3 stamden.

**: other morph of cloak costs magicka, which makes the brawler style meh, and losing cloak mechanic *** the master assassin passive.

Oddly enough, most of your plus’ are magblade abilities. The only big thing that’s missing that stamblade has that magblade doesn’t is ST burst. Magblade has the aoe burst covered too.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Haojin
    Haojin
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, thats why i put (magicka) for pointing the meh'ness.
    Guildmaster of Phalanx

PC-EU Vivec/Sotha Sil
    Hao Jin [Stamden]
    Haojun [Stamdk]
    Haojin [Stamsorc]
    Hao'jin [Stamplar]
    Food Fetish [Stamblade]

• hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts?

Heavy armor stamblades are everywhere now, *** is broken AF
    Ad Victoriam!
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just in a match against Thogard, Emac, and Betty Boomstick. They also had a stamblade on their team. The stamblade has zero kills and 7 deaths.

They lost.

I smiled.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I was just in a match against Thogard, Emac, and Betty Boomstick. They also had a stamblade on their team. The stamblade has zero kills and 7 deaths.

They lost.

I smiled.

BUT CLOAK!!!!!!
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's wonderful when the enemy team has a Stamblade. I think it sucks when I have one on my team.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    VORE KICK STAMBLADE
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    start with the class passives and it becomes clear why the NB class is relegated to ganking. Master assassin is 10% more weapon dmg when invisible. Your ward buff is 6 seconds long when you use cloak or surprise attack.

Compare that to your opponents with 20+ second armor buffs and defensive tools to either cleanse, reflect, or absorb range dmg. NB's are designed to quick hit from stealth. period. you can try to put a square peg into a round hole all you want, but that was the design baked into the passives and class.

embrace the individuality of the different classes and excel at what each class does best. in aoe clusterfcks of premade bg's...the NB is unfortunately not going to shine. in open world 1vX play, it could easily be crowned the king. And the reason for the disparity between the two formats and rankings is precisely due to the mechanics of the class - both good and bad.

Unfortunately this limits anyone who mains
    a NB to participate in competitive BG matches and truly feel helpful.

The only advantage I have is people chase me down because I'm annoying and rude.

Basically you make them want to kill you and t-bag you so much that they become undisciplined and remove themselves from their group.

This. Or so annoying from spawn killing them you keep the whole winning team back to try and take you out while trying to buy your team time for them to pull the victory off... Then realize you have 24 kills and your other guys have a total of 2 kills combined 😂
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    start with the class passives and it becomes clear why the NB class is relegated to ganking. Master assassin is 10% more weapon dmg when invisible. Your ward buff is 6 seconds long when you use cloak or surprise attack.

Compare that to your opponents with 20+ second armor buffs and defensive tools to either cleanse, reflect, or absorb range dmg. NB's are designed to quick hit from stealth. period. you can try to put a square peg into a round hole all you want, but that was the design baked into the passives and class.

embrace the individuality of the different classes and excel at what each class does best. in aoe clusterfcks of premade bg's...the NB is unfortunately not going to shine. in open world 1vX play, it could easily be crowned the king. And the reason for the disparity between the two formats and rankings is precisely due to the mechanics of the class - both good and bad.

Unfortunately this limits anyone who mains
    a NB to participate in competitive BG matches and truly feel helpful.

The only advantage I have is people chase me down because I'm annoying and rude.

Basically you make them want to kill you and t-bag you so much that they become undisciplined and remove themselves from their group.

This. Or so annoying from spawn killing them you keep the whole winning team back to try and take you out while trying to buy your team time for them to pull the victory off... Then realize you have 24 kills deaths and your other guys have a total of 2 kills deaths combined 😂

You had a few spelling errors. Don’t worry, I fixed them.

Edited by ChunkyCat on May 21, 2019 4:21AM
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just slot sword and board man - everyone will cower
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • SacredEarth
    SacredEarth
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I’ve tried making a stamblade brawler, so far it’s been horrible. It’s my first stam toon though and with pvp’s learning curve it’s been rough.

I tried 5x med 2x heavy. 5 7th legion, 5 vicious serpent, 2 troll king. 2 hander and bow.

I’m thinking 7th and fury with troll king, S&B and bow. Might be a way to make 5x medium work as a brawler but I don’t think there is if you want shadowy disguise.

I’m a bit discouraged atm so when I play an alt I’m preferring my magwarden. Did a BG today and was grouped with 3 nightblades on my warden. They’d get blown up so fast I might as well have been playing solo.

That’s the NB stereotype, so squishy they have to kite away or cloak, so you feel like you’re short on your team.

In my limited experience, you need to be super tanky to get 7th legion working... It works way better for me in CP.