Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 16, 18:00 UTC (2:00PM EDT) - 20:00 UTC (4:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667442

What does your ping look like. EU

• gamergirldk
    gamergirldk
    ✭✭✭✭
    70 - 100ms in avrage on during a day Denmark.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I life at the German/Dutch Border, Ping on EU around 60 to 120, on NA Server 170 to 240
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UK 80-120, of late its been spiking up to 400-1000, mostly during the evenings.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Sanctuary_Reaper
    Sanctuary_Reaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the glorious City of Manchester UK, depending on what im doing, my ping is 80 - 105ish, lower number being just normal questing and exploring, higher number being Dungeons and trials.

If i pvp i cant really say for sure because its so unstable, but a rough guesstimate would be 120+ depends on whats happening.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when in pvp it varies:

out of battle and away from people and walking around with no one around me:
    ping: 100 - 130
    fps: 100 - 120

IN battle but only 1 v 1:
    ping: 180 - 375
    fps: 80 - 100

IN Battle with more then 1 enemy:
    ping: 280 - 600 seeing red lined on / off
    fps: 25 - 60

IN Battle with many enemies (Large Castle Battles)
    ping: 400 - 999+ solid Red constantly
    fps: 3 - 12
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC-EU I get 190-250 ms steady. Depending on the hour of the day.

I play from Mexico, so it's a long distance to cover, but the ping seems aceptable enough.

Yeah I was a total noob to this network delay thing back then when I chose my server, but I've played since beta so I won't lose all the stuff I have on the EU server. Specially since all game content is perfectly playable at competitive level.
  • Bluestat
    Bluestat
    ✭✭
    Usually between 50-80, I'd say 60 average, never had it go higher than 100. From Eastern Europe btw. NA on the other hand, I get 200 on a good day, it's mostly 230.
  • pandoraderomanus
    pandoraderomanus
    ✭✭✭
    170+, up to 12000 if from Russia :D

From Germany - 100+
    PC-EU since 2014

Touches-Your-Tralala - retired lizardina-templar
    Pandora Morgenstern - noob orc-stamsorc
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in Texas but play on both servers. My average EU ping is 180-250. Oddly, my average NA ping is 100-180 and that seems way too high so it makes me wonder if the numbers are accurate.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • abakzn
    abakzn
    ✭✭✭
    Ping 250 and higher, prime time pvp is 300+, with spikes of 1500 up to some as bad as18000, south africa.
  • SgtWinnie
    SgtWinnie
    ✭✭✭
    330-380

I'm in Australia
  • Herr_Flocke
    Herr_Flocke
    ✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    90ms-120ms when it's not lagging in Cyrodill. Which is already insane as it's similar ping I would get from NA servers on other games. While it's lagging abilities can fire literally 5 seconds later.

that is because the ping itself usually just tells the responsiveness of the internet connection to the server (travel time of the packets). What it doesn't really tell is the resonsiveness of the server itself to certain actions (that would be the server frame rate).

So you can have a good connection that could in theory transport packages quite fast, but if the server cannot handle the computations necessary to create a package to send, you just have to wait for the answer. And this is the common situation in cyro if more than 2 bars are up per faction.
  • Cobble123
    Cobble123
    ✭✭✭
    Ping 75 - 100ms in Belfast. Usually no higher than 80ms.
  • Hlanu
    Hlanu
    ✭✭✭
    Around 40-ish.
    Hlanu - Redguard Arcanist
    Tahemet at-Hubalajad - Redguard Sorcerer

PC EU
  • Fabi95
    Fabi95
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, it appears distance does not matter too much. I do see ingame latency values of between 30 - 90 ms in the ingame ping viewer. That is on a wired connection. When I look in Windows' Resource Monitor, the connection latency is actually 5 ms. So it makes me think it rather has to do with how things are done on the serverside. Would be interesting if we could get some sort of "behind the scenes" video some time where a developer explains how to understand the ping values in this game.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eastern Europe, around 100 usually now and 110-130+ in content but was way better before around 70-80 marks while skyrocketing on events or trials up to 120-180-250-300+, depending on patch, year etc.

On non prime time it's fine though, it's pure load issues here so mornings are pretty smooth both instanced and overland.
  • Enrik72
    Enrik72
    ✭✭
    around 80

Screenshot-20211031-101832.png
    i'm just a peasant who barely speaks english
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't put a lot of trust into the ping number ESO provides. While mine ranges from 60-100, the latency actually feels 10 times worse than it should based on them numbers.
    How could I effectively measure my in-game ping then? I always felt that ZOS' numbers aren't very trustworthy but then again I don't know better ways to do it. Do you know, in a lightweight way, if possible?
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in March 2019. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.