Maintenance for the week of December 9:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – December 9, 4:00AM EST (09:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)

All addons disappear from list in game

theshockcable
so this seems to be an issue for more than just me but here goes what I have done and can't find the answer to .

First install, I installed on my D drive and the addons on the second run of the game completely disappeared.

So, I tried a fresh install to the default C drive to see if there is an issue localizing the path to the addons.

Again, on the first run of logging in game from a fresh install the addons were all on the list.

Then I logged out completely and closed the game. Relaunched the game entirely.

All addons again were missing from the addons list.

k6hz2gaa6j51.jpg

The default addon location hadn't changed nor have any of the addons been removed.

f8rkpb2xo9y2.jpg
I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭
    i had this (similar?) problem with win10 and minion. something about the cloud drive win10 wants to hook you up on. i disabled it and reinstalled the addons via minion and they went to my hard drive. but if you want your addons on that cloud drive you need to reroute in some manner. best i can tell you.
    Edited by Iarao on March 11, 2019 3:22PM
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭
    It's OneDrive of windows which stores your user directory and Minion/eso is not able to find it there. Just remove the users directory from OneDrive.

    if this does not slove it search for the file AddonSettings.txt on all harddrives and check where it is located. Put the addons in the subfolder "AddOns" then where this file is located and the game should find it again (if not on OneDrive).
  • Rhieks
    Rhieks
    Hello all, I seem to have the same problem after the recent patch (all was working perfectly before it). I have re-accepted all EULAs, including the AddOns one, but didn't reload UI right away, assuming it would reload itself upon relog. The addon list now remains empty no matter what I do. I have checked and unchecked and re-checked the "Allow out of date" checkbox, reloading in between, but to no avail. All addons are there, the folder is there, Minion sees it alright - but not ESO. Any suggestions?
  • Rhieks
    Rhieks
    Rhieks wrote: »
    Hello all, I seem to have the same problem after the recent patch (all was working perfectly before it). I have re-accepted all EULAs, including the AddOns one, but didn't reload UI right away, assuming it would reload itself upon relog. The addon list now remains empty no matter what I do. I have checked and unchecked and re-checked the "Allow out of date" checkbox, reloading in between, but to no avail. All addons are there, the folder is there, Minion sees it alright - but not ESO. Any suggestions?

    Okay I have found out the case. The current working folder of ESO has now changed form User/Documents to ProgramData folder. I only have one question left. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭
    Microsoft OneDrive maybe
    Or you have changed your User folder to the other folder within windows (or some program did it).
  • Rhieks
    Rhieks
    UPD: finally figured that out. Stupid Windows 10 "protects" my Documents folder. Oh joy!
    Added ESO to exceptions, it jumped magically back to its original folder.
    Edited by Rhieks on March 26, 2019 12:45PM
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, that is new for me as well.
    Did you update your windows version recently or installed/update a (new) antivirus or anti malware tool?
  • Rhieks
    Rhieks
    Baertram wrote: »
    Yep, that is new for me as well.
    Did you update your windows version recently or installed/update a (new) antivirus or anti malware tool?

    I think I might either have rebooted my computer for it to get back to default security settings (windows does that, yea), or maybe tweaked some of it myself, which is unlikely.
  • theshockcable
    Gonna try those. Thanks!
    I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

  • Talmak
    Talmak
    Soul Shriven
    Okay I have found out the case. The current working folder of ESO has now changed form User/Documents to ProgramData folder. I only have one question left. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????[/quote]

    how and where do you check this ?
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    that working folder has not changed for most people. However, I have seen this in another similar situation. Apparently, if windows goes to 'protect' mode for the documents folder, this will happen. My suggestion is to look to make sure that it can still write to the documents folder. A solid search of the forums should turn up the post that deals with how that happened.
  • theshockcable
    yeah so what happened windows had an update which protected the documents folder.
    This made all addons inaccessible to the game.

    SOLUTION:

    Go to your windows defender and white list your documents folder,
    on your default hard drive.

    :) Your welcome and see you all in game with working addons!
    I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.

  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    It's OneDrive of windows which stores your user directory and Minion/eso is not able to find it there. Just remove the users directory from OneDrive.

    if this does not slove it search for the file AddonSettings.txt on all harddrives and check where it is located. Put the addons in the subfolder "AddOns" then where this file is located and the game should find it again (if not on OneDrive).
    yeah so what happened windows had an update which protected the documents folder.
    This made all addons inaccessible to the game.

    SOLUTION:

    Go to your windows defender and white list your documents folder,
    on your default hard drive.

    :) Your welcome and see you all in game with working addons!

    Thanks guys, did this both, and now I have them up and working again on my new PC!
    Fear not, for I am watchful. You have been chosen.
    Azura, the Daedric Prince of Moonshadow, Mother of the Rose, and Queen of the Night Sky


    Hail to Sithis, blood's drop on blade's edge.
    Before you, nothing. Behind you, the Void.
    Catalyst, agitator, many-fanged maw.
    Whisper your need to the Scales.
    — Inscription found on an Argonian blade
Sign In or Register to comment.