so this seems to be an issue for more than just me but here goes what I have done and can't find the answer to .
First install, I installed on my D drive and the addons on the second run of the game completely disappeared.
So, I tried a fresh install to the default C drive to see if there is an issue localizing the path to the addons.
Again, on the first run of logging in game from a fresh install the addons were all on the list.
Then I logged out completely and closed the game. Relaunched the game entirely.
All addons again were missing from the addons list.
The default addon location hadn't changed nor have any of the addons been removed.
I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.